Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CM Punk vs Heyman, Axel & Ryback is Boring!!

Does anyone agree that this fued is below Punk by now. Punk is so over and he's being wasted against a bore like Curtis Axel, the fued is so lackluster and drawn out.

Blog Entries
    I said a while ago that what would happen was that after Punk peaked, many fans wouldn't sit still for him to be in anything less than first place. For some reason the logic of why it's bad for Cena to be in the spotlight all the time didn't extend to Punk even though logic suggests that thinking "I'll NEVER get sick of HIM" is blatantly untrue.

Bottom line is he has to do something, somewhere and this is as good as anything. Having Punk on the back burner is a GOOD thing, you must understand. It's lending credibility to the mid card simply by virtue of him being there and it's keeping him in the public eye and relevant. Punk = money but he also equals a better grade of wrestling. That should never be over looked simply because you aren't happy with his current storyline, big deal, it's not going to last forever. Just wait it out.

I've said time and time again to people over the years that they should be careful over dosing on the things they like. So many times I've heard "I'll never get sick of *that thing*" and then what do you know, they do. Music, movies, wrestlers, games - it works every time. Be careful what you wish for with Punk - before you know it he'll be as over exposed as Cena. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I said a while ago that what would happen was that after Punk peaked, many fans wouldn't sit still for him to be in anything less than first place. For some reason the logic of why it's bad for Cena to be in the spotlight all the time didn't extend to Punk even though logic suggests that thinking "I'll NEVER get sick of HIM" is blatantly untrue.

Bottom line is he has to do something, somewhere and this is as good as anything. Having Punk on the back burner is a GOOD thing, you must understand. It's lending credibility to the mid card simply by virtue of him being there and it's keeping him in the public eye and relevant. Punk = money but he also equals a better grade of wrestling. That should never be over looked simply because you aren't happy with his current storyline, big deal, it's not going to last forever. Just wait it out.

I've said time and time again to people over the years that they should be careful over dosing on the things they like. So many times I've heard "I'll never get sick of *that thing*" and then what do you know, they do. Music, movies, wrestlers, games - it works every time. Be careful what you wish for with Punk - before you know it he'll be as over exposed as Cena. Mark my words.

Preach on...

In order for WWE to build new guys so that they might have new angles with fresh faces, Punk has to stay away from the top spot. That means that NOTHING is "beneath" Punk so long as it (1) keeps him in a relevant spot on the show and (2) helps to push other guys a notch higher up the rankings with Punk being involved. Axel and Ryback both are getting bumped up the hierarchy of heels in the WWE simply by being associated with Heyman and his battle with Punk.

Why so many wanted to keep throwing gasoline on the rocket they had strapped to Punks back is beyond me. Pushing someone too far can result is some negative setbacks for ANY talents; even the beloved Punk. Limiting Punk by having him only restricted to THE top spot and labeling things as lower than what is worthy of his greatness is a bit ludicrous. All wrestlers have to put in work, even after they have been to the top of the mountain. Hell, Cena went a full year without the title, but was still relevant on the show (waiting for the Punk marks to throw something by putting Phil in the same sentence as John).

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

curtis is just a giant bore........

Why is Vince pushing Axel? No mic skills, no charisma, just dull!!

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
    My guess is:

A. He's decent (albeit not amazing) in the ring.
    B. He's got a good look.
    C. He's got the lineage
    D. He's probably well liked backstage by someone high up because they've known him since he was a kid. (Dusty, Patterson, Hayes, etc)

You are correct though. He's godawful on the mic. However in small doses I personally think Ryback is decent charisma wise, especially with the bully gimmick. I'm personally enjoying this feud still. Heyman and Punk consistently put out the best promos each week.

Blog Entries
    Axel is underrated, he's good stock. Give him a year or two and I bet he'll be main eventing. As far as the feud goes, I honestly think Punk has been the most boring part of it. I don't have anything against him, but his promos are repetitive, and why the hell was he talking about the Blackhawks the entire time? I know NHL season is over, but is the guy trying to get us to change sports? I'm glad that Ryback and Axel are getting put over though, they deserve it. I find this to arguably be the best feud right now. DB is on fire and I dug the main event tonight, but HHH and Steph are becoming unwatchable for me, ADR is trash as usual, and I hate to be this guy, but the Wyatts are already starting to wear me out.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post

I'm figuring it has to do with the fact that he is the standard for which big name guys in the business are using to train in the ring. The Rock, Lesnar, Cena... All of these guys have been reported to having Axel involved with them training in some form or fashion.

Some might not see it just yet, but give him time. I remember when people were saying that Cody Rhodes had no charisma and was just dull; now he has a character he can sink his teeth into and is showing how far he progressed. Why? Because once he had his in-ring down to the point that it was precise, he began to work on developing his character and persona.

Just wait; it'll come in due time, or else the WWE wouldn't have invested as much into him at this point (6, going on 7 years)

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I'm figuring it has to do with the fact that he is the standard for which big name guys in the business are using to train in the ring. The Rock, Lesnar, Cena... All of these guys have been reported to having Axel involved with them training in some form or fashion.

Some might not see it just yet, but give him time. I remember when people were saying that Cody Rhodes had no charisma and was just dull; now he has a character he can sink his teeth into and is showing how far he progressed. Why? Because once he had his in-ring down to the point that it was precise, he began to work on developing his character and persona.

Just wait; it'll come in due time, or else the WWE wouldn't have invested as much into him at this point (6, going on 7 years)
    What happened with Cody - as with a lot of things that develop in WWE these days - I attribute to 'right time, right place' type of thing. I actually don't believe WWE has long term plans in place for almost anybody. Certainly not Cody for all this time. I think it was fortuitous that he got his nose broken by Rey during his Dashing gimmick - which I honestly believe was more classic throwaway stuff from the WWE writers. Cody was given half a chance and ran with it and for various reasons it caught on.

NOW - let's take into account his old partner Ted DiBiase. Most people had him pegged as the break out star of the two but many things conspired to keep him down - most specifically, lack of charisma and hence, appeal. I don't see Curtis Axel being much different from Ted to be honest.

I have grown to believe that in all truth, WWE does NOT know what they're doing when it comes to longer term storylines. They have become a "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" kind of business that will crop, chop, change and cancel anything at will the second they think it's no longer working. I mean, where is the Dashing gimmick now? Cody should still have that, in some form. It's a waste because now if he ever takes on another gimmick it will be, "wait a second...." time.

Blog Entries
    Yea I remember when everyone pegged DiBiase as a breakout star, myself included. WWE definitely throws things against the wall to see what sticks with no real longterm direction. Ive thought that for several years. Whos hot one month may be headlining Superstars the next