Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bound For Glory

Bound For Glory

Has TNA any idea what they're doing at Bound For Glory?? Despite having 3-4 months since the last PPV, TNA has failed to build up multiple long term feuds that would have culminated at BFG like they did with Slammiversary and LockDown.

Sabin vs Manik, for some reason is happening next week on iMPACT instead of BFG, Aces n' Eights vs MEM hould have culminated in a feud-ending match at BFG (maybe a winner takes all style match) but this feud has farted out.

won't even start with the tag title mess.

I anticipate some sort of Jeff Hardy vs Aries match, with Aries claiming he needs the redemption, very cheesy, but on short notice what else will TNA do with those two that will make sense?

i think jeff will feud with sabin.

the MEM vs Aces and 8s died before there was any life in it. which makes no sense. they ended the fued like 2 or 3 weeks after MEM was made.

the BFG main event is aj vs bully. but they had like no tv time toghter in 2 weeks. there both is different storylines with is stupid.

There will probably be a match between Roode and Magnus.
    Tag match with Sting and Joe vs Daniels and Kaz.
    EY and Park vs The Bros

Blog Entries
    It is sad to say they have no real direction.

They will have Bully Ray VS AJ Styles for sure. At this rate Dixie might put the favor of this match in Bully Ray's hands.

Other then that who knows.

????? Storm and Gunner vs Chavo and Supermex ?????

It is really annoying that the reason for dropping to 4 ppvs a year was to build longer feuds but lets be honest here that has failed miserably. The length of feuds hasn't improve in length or quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    It is really annoying that the reason for dropping to 4 ppvs a year was to build longer feuds but lets be honest here that has failed miserably. The length of feuds hasn't improve in length or quality.
    This.

They are about a month out, and it seems like all the feuds that are going to BFG are going to start within that month. AJ and Bully don't seem to be entirely focused on different things.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Yeah, the only real reason I can give for this is that the BFG series took up so much time from so many talents. This in no way excuses them, because the Series SHOULD have been used to set up something (which is where I see the Magnus vs. Roode match being tied back too) that would have transitioned out of it, leading into the PPV. I can give a bit of forgiveness for the top 4 because of the "who will win" element, but Aries should have started a program this past week at the latest. Perhaps it will be Hardy vs. Manik vs. Sabin at the PPV, but that leaves Aries out to face who; Jay Bradley?

Kaz/Daniels in with EGO helped to set up the Roode/Magnus angle, but does that mean that we'll get a returning Kurt and Joe vs. Bad Influence? I'm expecting Aries to go against Hardy, but they should keep Aries in the face roll after the interactions with EGO. Chavo/Supermex lost this week so they don't have a title match; maybe next week we'll see the tag match in which Chavo turns on Hernandez to set up that match and Gun Storm will end up taking on either Wes/Garrett (who hold a victory over them) or a 4 way dance with Gun Storm vs. A&8s vs. Fishy Lawyers vs. Bro Mans...

No matter what, they really need to get this lined out next week. And moving forward, drop the BFG series to a MAX of 8 people (I think a 6 man round robin tourney would fit them better with only 2 hours a week) so the problems with running out of time and failing to build angles has a better chance to not happen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Yeah, the only real reason I can give for this is that the BFG series took up so much time from so many talents. This in no way excuses them, because the Series SHOULD have been used to set up something (which is where I see the Magnus vs. Roode match being tied back too) that would have transitioned out of it, leading into the PPV. I can give a bit of forgiveness for the top 4 because of the "who will win" element, but Aries should have started a program this past week at the latest. Perhaps it will be Hardy vs. Manik vs. Sabin at the PPV, but that leaves Aries out to face who; Jay Bradley?

Kaz/Daniels in with EGO helped to set up the Roode/Magnus angle, but does that mean that we'll get a returning Kurt and Joe vs. Bad Influence? I'm expecting Aries to go against Hardy, but they should keep Aries in the face roll after the interactions with EGO. Chavo/Supermex lost this week so they don't have a title match; maybe next week we'll see the tag match in which Chavo turns on Hernandez to set up that match and Gun Storm will end up taking on either Wes/Garrett (who hold a victory over them) or a 4 way dance with Gun Storm vs. A&8s vs. Fishy Lawyers vs. Bro Mans...

No matter what, they really need to get this lined out next week. And moving forward, drop the BFG series to a MAX of 8 people (I think a 6 man round robin tourney would fit them better with only 2 hours a week) so the problems with running out of time and failing to build angles has a better chance to not happen next year.
    I think 12 is fine, since they run them on house shows as well. They just need to mind that, and stop trying to toss BFG guys in other storylines as well.

I think it'll be Hardy vs Sabin, or Hardy/Sabin/Manik at BFG, and the Chavo/Supermex vs GunStorm match. AJ vs Ray.

Bradley won't make it to the show, I'm am 90% confident, he's only still there because he was in the BFGseries.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    I think 12 is fine, since they run them on house shows as well. They just need to mind that, and stop trying to toss BFG guys in other storylines as well.

The issue with this year’s BFG and running out of time to finish the Tourney is that they didn't feature as many of these matches at House shows because they were trying to save money by not traveling with so many talents. While I think 12 is workable (look at how well last year’s Tourney was) to pull off, unless they are building storylines INSIDE the tourney, when it concludes 4-5 weeks before BFG, there is no real direction for any talent except the top 4 in the tourney. It's easier to introduce new stories for 4 talent (in an 8 man format, I assume the top 4 have direction) than it is for 8 (as we see with the guys who didn't make it to the top 4 this year).

If TNA wants to keep travel costs down with the house shows, but still keep the BFG series involved, in my opinion they should (a) reduce the number of contestants in the series or (b) make the house shows feature only the 12 men in the series with maybe 1 marquee match.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone