Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

*Spoilers* Brace yourself for Winter

So, if you haven't seen Impact then I'd suggest you go back and watch it.

That being said, the Winter of Styles is upon us. Most WWE fans are quick to throw their hands up and say claim that this is a pure rip-off. While I am not stupid enough to deny the similarities with the storyline, let's not say that this is exactly a copy cat angle just yet. Let me point out a few things standing out at the moment.

AJ Styles' Declaration vs. CM Punks Pipebomb

- Both men said some things that were not typically expected in a promo for a contracted employee. CM Punk dropped a few names like ROH, Japan, and Colt Cabana and claimed that his boss is out of touch with reality. AJ Styles took arms against Dixie buying her "Rasslin Company" and becoming star struck while casting off the Band of Brothers that made TNA unique - Jay Lethal, Low-Ki, Petey Williams, Alex Shelley, and Jerry Lynn. While Punk was claiming that upper management was taking the product in the wrong direction, Styles claimed that Dixie stripped TNA of what made them a unique alternative for the fans.

Who was the opponent?

-With CM Punk, he was taking issue with John Cena being the "model WWE Superstar" and standing against it. Styles is taking issue with Dixie hiring people who care nothing about TNA and casting aside the talent who held it close to heart. CM Punk was seemingly making an example out of Cena so that Upper Management would take notice. Styles is taking his frustrations out directly to the one responsible. Punk had his mic cut off to end his promo whereas Styles had (storyline) pissed off his boss so bad that she cut off the lights and ended the show.

The contract issue

- Here is my primary difference. While this could change as quickly as next week, Styles never claimed that he was taking the belt and leaving. Instead, he is going to use the title to force Dixie into signing him to a lucrative deal. Punk said he was going to take the belt to a different promotion whereas Styles is going to take the title to the bank.

Just a few random thoughts between the differences in the two angles. Sure, the Winter of Styles is related to the Summer of Punk, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's the same angle that the WWE did... Well, not just yet at least. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

First of all, Fall is upon us, too, ya know. ;P

Secondly, I halfway thought this heralded the return of the Knockout of the same name, lol.

Relating to shit seriously though, I been missing Impact lately just cause my mind's elsewhere (No wiseguys, not under the influence of drugs), But I really wanna be seein' this shit. It's def got my attention back on the show, and even though I really wish he hadn't dropped all the stuff he'd been doing beforehand, maybe this is why, most likely, albeit rushed. So that said, it can be sensational to the fullest so it'll def be worth a watch.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

the who evil boss thing is bad timing. i really don't think dixie can pull it off. she is very bad at acting and talking. if this fails it will because of her.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    the who evil boss thing is bad timing. i really don't think dixie can pull it off. she is very bad at acting and talking. if this fails it will because of her.

I agree with the whole Dixie thing. My hope is that this angle leads to a Jarrett return to power (kayfabe) and the banishment of the On-Screen Dixie Carter character. I hate listening to her word vomit lines on television.

And SB, you are right; it will be worth keeping an eye on. Not a break through as of yet, but also not a blatant rip-off angle. The door for this one is wide open and they can take it in multiple directions from here.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Obvious rip-off is obvious. Not worth my time...

Meh. I don't really know what to make of this. This huge angle is being delivered by two of the worst mic handlers in the company right now. The content might be compelling but if it can't be carried over with people who actually know how to talk, it's going to lose its flavor very fast.

[Spoiler][Spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Obvious rip-off is obvious. Not worth my time...

Meh. I don't really know what to make of this. This huge angle is being delivered by two of the worst mic handlers in the company right now. The content might be compelling but if it can't be carried over with people who actually know how to talk, it's going to lose its flavor very fast.

Fully agreed... Which is why I see Jarrett stepping in on behalf of AJ and Hogan siding with Dixie on next weeks Impact. After Styles wins the belt at BFG, it's off to the races with the full storyline to last until Lockdown.

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Fully agreed... Which is why I see Jarrett stepping in on behalf of AJ and Hogan siding with Dixie on next weeks Impact. After Styles wins the belt at BFG, it's off to the races with the full storyline to last until Lockdown.
    When AJ mentions his name...You know it's on.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I agree with the whole Dixie thing. My hope is that this angle leads to a Jarrett return to power (kayfabe) and the banishment of the On-Screen Dixie Carter character. I hate listening to her word vomit lines on television.

And SB, you are right; it will be worth keeping an eye on. Not a break through as of yet, but also not a blatant rip-off angle. The door for this one is wide open and they can take it in multiple directions from here.
    Yes Jarrett needs to be brought to the fore. I didn't see Styles' promo but he is no Punk on the mic. But I'm sure the spirit was there. It frustrates the crap out me that guys like Styles and Joe are so terribly misused by TNA. I hope that Hogan is shown the door and while I have no similar issues with Bischoff, I'm not exactly sure what he's bringing to the table now.
    As for Dixie....well, she can't act. She reminds me of someone who's rich daddy brought her the lead role in the play, despite all evidence suggesting that she cannot carry a tune. Oh wait......that's exactly what happened, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yes Jarrett needs to be brought to the fore. I didn't see Styles' promo but he is no Punk on the mic. But I'm sure the spirit was there. It frustrates the crap out me that guys like Styles and Joe are so terribly misused by TNA. I hope that Hogan is shown the door and while I have no similar issues with Bischoff, I'm not exactly sure what he's bringing to the table now.
    As for Dixie....well, she can't act. She reminds me of someone who's rich daddy brought her the lead role in the play, despite all evidence suggesting that she cannot carry a tune. Oh wait......that's exactly what happened, isn't it?

the thing is that the storyline is bad timing. she is a evil boss who daddy gave her who doesn't want the over face to be champ. when WWE is doing the same thing. lots of people are comparing her to stephanie now. right now stephanie is 1,000s times better.

Blog Entries
    Now that I think about, isn't Roode considered a TNA original? I would've loved for him to be the man speaking out instead of Styles.

[Spoiler][Spoiler]