Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Important is Orton's Role in the DB Storyline?

I read an article about on the Bleacher Report about DB and being a face to the company. His opinion seem to suggest that if Orton was no where the ratings would drop. I've posted that anyone could be in Orton's position and still be as good. But I wonder, do you think anyone could be placed in Orton's position and still have this storyline be good?

Of course Khali and other gimmick wrestlers no. But lets say Miz, Damien Sandow any other singles wrestler.

Does Orton bring something to this or is it really Daniel Bryan Vs Triple H and his new Corporation?

I think it is more the latter part. D-Bry vs Triple H and his corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    I read an article about on the Bleacher Report about DB and being a face to the company. His opinion seem to suggest that if Orton was no where the ratings would drop. I've posted that anyone could be in Orton's position and still be as good. But I wonder, do you think anyone could be placed in Orton's position and still have this storyline be good?

Of course Khali and other gimmick wrestlers no. But lets say Miz, Damien Sandow any other singles wrestler.

Does Orton bring something to this or is it really Daniel Bryan Vs Triple H and his new Corporation?
    You're kidding right? Orton is the only person on the roster that has the image, history, look, reputation, skill and attitude to pull off his current role. No one else, active on the current roster, can play this type of heel better than Randy Orton.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    You're kidding right? Orton is the only person on the roster that has the image, history, look, reputation, skill and attitude to pull off his current role. No one else, active on the current roster, can play this type of heel better than Randy Orton.
    While Orton is the best person on the roster for this role, I could have bought someone like The Miz (for example) playing the same role.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

hmm miz yeah, but he doens't have the history, orton is a 9x, 10x, don't know how many times champion, miz only is a 1x wwe champ,
    sandow has yet to win his first one, so if he was in orton his place people would not buy it. I think orton is a very good pick,
    he needed a heel turn and he just is a great heel, he has the history and in ring he is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post

While the root of the stotyline is Daniel Bryan -vs- Triple H and the Corporation, the storyline only works if you have a strong, credible "Corporate" champion. While i'm sure it would elate a large portion of the IWC, guys like Miz and Damian Sandow don't have the strength and credibility with the average fan to pull it off properly. Without a strong "Corporate" champion to rally against, the storyline would fail with a large portion of the audience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grave View Post
    hmm miz yeah, but he doens't have the history, orton is a 9x, 10x, don't know how many times champion, miz only is a 1x wwe champ,
    sandow has yet to win his first one, so if he was in orton his place people would not buy it. I think orton is a very good pick,
    he needed a heel turn and he just is a great heel, he has the history and in ring he is also very good.
    That's why I said that Orton was the best placed guy to play this role. Take Orton away from the equation, and I'd say that The Miz would probably be the next best option.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I have to agree with URATOOL, I don't see anyone else but Orton, or of course Triple H if he was always an active superstar. No one else on the roster can be in Orton's place today.
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    If CM Punk were still a heel, I could see him as the corporate champion. But since he's not, Orton's the obvious choice.

Punk never was a "corporate guy" so it's hard for me to see him in Orton's place.
    Respect the beard !