Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Wow, you guys are funny with these theories.


    Dustin was a Tag Title champion and moved to the US title (at the time, titles were still used to signify forward momentum in a company). He was on a similar track that those before him (Magnum TA, Nakita, etc) were on but he wasn't a "top star" in the company; just a rising one.


    For those who say the Goldust gimmick is one of the greatest; yes, after this long it has been. When it was first introduced, it wasn't received the way we look at it 15-20 years after its birth. It WAS viewed as an insult when Dustin first took on the gimmick, but props to the man for owning it and making it the success it is today. Also, he was given the gimmick YEARS before it was reported that he was having issues with drugs and alcohol. When he came into the WWE in the 90s and given the gimmick, he wasn't seen as the loose cannon he was in the 2000's.


    The Rhodes/McMahon battle waged back in the 80's and 90's, but in 2013 it is dead. It has been dead for years. Why would WWE be booking Cody to return in such a strong way if VKM still held a grudge against him? It would have been much easier, cost much less, and resulted in less exposure for the Rhodes family to have simply not hired Cody, or at most, left him in developmental for 20 years. To say that Cody has in any way been affected by the Rhodes/McMahon beef is quite ludicrous... Almost as ludicrous as to think that there wasn't legit heat between the families in the past.
    Finally some who gets it, only thing Ronnie G (HANDS OF STONE), I still think VKM does throw some of that all fued biz on Cody, the stupid mask and then the moustache, Vince can't help but fuck with Codys good looks.

    Also wasn't there some gimmick with the highlight reel showing an embarassing situation with Cody and one night Dusty was in the ring with Cody and Cody was looking like a stooge in front of his dad!

  2. #42
    Umm... Didn't they have a rat who was involved in the whole lawsuit thing? He was sending talent contract's, and other shit to CT for Triple H or something? Then suddenly WWE claimed he had approached them, but they chose not to take any of his information? Bullshit. I think they also said they attempted to notify TNA about it... Mhm.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
    Dustin was in the wwf only for a cup of coffee when his dad's contract was running out in the wwf.

    Any true wrestling fan knows the mcmahon /rhodes fued.

    back in the 70's Dusty wrestled for then WWWF, for Vince's dad. They made a lot of money with the Rhodes/Superstar fued.

    These were the territory days. Dusty was a big star, but was mainly a NWA Jim Crocket Promotions guy.

    When Vince Jr was putting an end to the territory days, Dusty was the main booker and top guy of the NWA and of course was on TBS, this being a thorn to Vince's plan and plus many wrestling fans at the time thought the NWA was actually putting out a better product.

    This all caused inside friction in the wrestling business. It first started with Vince calling DeBiase's sidekick Virgil (Dustys real name)

    When Turner took over the NWA. Dusty was out of the picture and needed a job.

    Now the McMahon's really had their chance on dumping on the Rhodes.


    When Dusty left the NWA for the WWF

    Dusty had vignettes of cleaning toilets, wiping diner tops,etc
    Dusty wore Polka Dots and had a ugly fat valet named Sapphire

    When Dustin left WCW for the WWF
    Dustin wore womans underwear and facepaint
    Dustin wore a blonde wig and was a stuttering bi sexual

    Cody Rhodes
    Now McMahon should have left the kid alone, but his good looks must have set Vince off
    The work with the mask and then the moustache.
    Also the gimmick with the embarrasing highlight reel with the Big Show. and now the firing

    Normally if u piss Vince off ,he will job you out, like he is doing with ziggler lately, but the rhodes its a different story.
    Ziggler jobs?!? Sorry, I've been watching RAW, but mainly just the DB Corp. storyline; 3 hrs is just too much for me.
    Damn shame if he's jobbing now. How long did he even have that title for?! Sorry for going off topic with this.

  4. #44
    Also tna invading wwe caused a firing of WWE Employee Lou Sahadi who's son David Sahadi works at TNA *SEE BELOW*

    In November 2004, TNA employee David Sahadi ( a former WWE employee) discovered that WWE was filming an advertisement for the 2005 Royal Rumble in the Orlando, Florida-based Universal Studios, not far from SoundStage 21, where TNA recorded pay-per-views and episodes of TNA Impact!. Deciding to capitalize on the proximity of their nominal competitors, TNA sent wrestlers Abyss, Traci, Shane Douglas and the 3Live Kru, along with backstage personnel Jeremy Borash, Bill Banks, and Tim Welch, to welcome the WWE employees, bringing them milk, cookies and balloons. The TNA employees confronted their WWE contemporaries outside of the studio in which the commercial was being filmed and handed out their balloons. 3Live Kru member B.G. James commented on the opulence of the WWE buffet, asking if he could have some mahi-mahi, and then asked to speak with Vince McMahon as "I made him a bunch of money back in the day" (as one-half of the New Age Outlaws and a member of D-Generation X, James was partly responsible for large merchandise sales throughout 1998 and 1999), while fellow 3Live Kru member Konnan commented that McMahon "...is a stand up guy, but sometimes he has to sit down to aim".[3][6]
    Following the event, WWE filed a complaint with Universal Studios and ordered TNA to hand over the footage or face a lawsuit, while several WWE employees contacted and harassed Sahadi, with some threatening physical violence. Possibly as a form of retaliation against Sahadi, Sahadi's father, Lou Sahadi, a long term WWE employee working in the public relations department (and the proposed ghostwriter for Mick Foley's autobiography, Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks) was fired. In addition, Kevin Dunn allegedly threatened to fire any WWE employee who contacted Sahadi. TNA aired the footage at their December 2004 pay-per-view, Turning Point, albeit with the faces of all WWE employees and all instances of the WWE logo blurred.[1][2]

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
    Finally some who gets it, only thing Ronnie G (HANDS OF STONE), I still think VKM does throw some of that all fued biz on Cody, the stupid mask and then the moustache, Vince can't help but fuck with Codys good looks.

    Also wasn't there some gimmick with the highlight reel showing an embarassing situation with Cody and one night Dusty was in the ring with Cody and Cody was looking like a stooge in front of his dad!

    The mask is what separated Cody from the quiet kid in Legacy. His lack of charisma in Legacy did more damage to Cody than the Dashing One. Handing a mid-card up and comer a gimmick/story to work with is a sign of faith in a talents potential (Sandow and Rhodes for example) where as just letting them go out and "do something" (Kofi, Kidd, and Bourne come to mind) is a sign of just having them for their ability to be a body. The Moustache was grown out to add a layer to the heel character Cody was playing in Rhodes Scholars. Once he turned face, you noticed it disappeared rather quickly, right?


    If you are looking at moments where people got "punked" on, then the McMahons hate pretty much everyone who ever worked for them. Stephanie is perhaps the most hated person that VKM has ever dealt with because she has been slammed longer than anyone I know about.


    Situations like Macho Man (supposed heat for sleeping with Steph - ALSO just rumored and never confirmed) are more towards the "lasting grudges" I see when it comes to McMahon. At least Dusty has gotten into the HOF, Goldust is given credit for being a turning point into the Attitude Era, and Cody is being pushed into the Main event. I wouldn't call that VKM holding a grudge.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  6. #46
    I remember when Dusty made this ANTI WWF crack on an NWA tv show.

    "Ron Simmons black athlete he doesn't have to dye his blonde to wrestle and you all know what I'm talking about"
    This was aimed at Vince having black wrestler Butch Reed dying his blonde as opposed to Simmons just being himself in the NWA.

    The ironies here is Simmons and Reed later formed the tag team DOOM in WCW

    Reed was also called THE NATURAL in the WWF as was Dusty's son was called THE NATURAL later in WCW.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    The mask is what separated Cody from the quiet kid in Legacy. His lack of charisma in Legacy did more damage to Cody than the Dashing One. Handing a mid-card up and comer a gimmick/story to work with is a sign of faith in a talents potential (Sandow and Rhodes for example) where as just letting them go out and "do something" (Kofi, Kidd, and Bourne come to mind) is a sign of just having them for their ability to be a body. The Moustache was grown out to add a layer to the heel character Cody was playing in Rhodes Scholars. Once he turned face, you noticed it disappeared rather quickly, right?


    If you are looking at moments where people got "punked" on, then the McMahons hate pretty much everyone who ever worked for them. Stephanie is perhaps the most hated person that VKM has ever dealt with because she has been slammed longer than anyone I know about.


    Situations like Macho Man (supposed heat for sleeping with Steph - ALSO just rumored and never confirmed) are more towards the "lasting grudges" I see when it comes to McMahon. At least Dusty has gotten into the HOF, Goldust is given credit for being a turning point into the Attitude Era, and Cody is being pushed into the Main event. I wouldn't call that VKM holding a grudge.
    But I believe if you stick with the severe bullshit Vinny throws at you, eventually you will be rewarded.

  8. #48
    One more point, do you notice vince will let the wrestler make their characters grow on their own, I feel with Rhodes he always has to throw a curve in their to show some kind of mockery.

    this is also similar to a lot of wresters who succeeded without Vinces input and then came to the WWF...road warriors, DDP,Luger,Tully and Arn, even Flair when he first came in.

    The same reason why Steve Borden does not want to come to the WWE.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
    But I believe if you stick with the severe bullshit Vinny throws at you, eventually you will be rewarded.

    Sure, but that is speculation on your behalf. Nothing has been done to Cody that has been punishment of sorts, rather paying his dues in the company. Regardless of who his dad is, he needs to pay these, be in these gimmicks that some (like yourself) might not like, and fail at certain things in order to become more than a flash in the pan.


    DiBiase Jr. has more to be said about VKM not liking him than what Cody does; which is why Teddy Jr. is seeking work outside of the E. It's not that VKM hates the guy, but he just can find the right thing to use him for. Does that mean that VKM hates him and his father, and his unborn sons? No; it's just business.


    The great thing about wrestling is when it blurs the line of reality. Right now, your line is blurred and you are trying to differentiate between a real life beef that died, at the VERY latest, in the 2000s when Dusty came back to WWE (while VKM had his arms there to embrace him). Anything done to Cody that doesn't seem to be "honorable" or what you would like for him is going to result in you considering him as "buried" and then proceed to tie that in with the Rhodes/McMahon history that was written once upon a time. That speculation is on your behalf though; not factual results of the real life situation. Hence, this is why I consider it to be another conspiracy theory.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #50
    Just to change the topic, did you notice when JR was in talent relations in the WWE around the mid to late 90's it felt like everyone switch sides, all the known NWA/WCW people were with the WWE (Some still are). JR, CORNETTE, MICHAEL HAYES,TEDDY LONG, RON SIMMONS, THE PATRIOT

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.