Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cice View Post
    \While you're somewhat right, I think Cena has taken over the role of the "stamp of approval" point you made. Look people like Punk, Ziggler, and DB. They never had that big moment that pushed them to the top till they faced Cena.

I'm not sure I agree with you there. I have never heard of an instance where someone took the next step because Cena praised them. No one was sure about Punk even being WHC until he had his feud with Taker. Ziggler is still up and down the card. As for DB, I think it's more the fans that have gotten him to where he is which still isn't the top. (On a side note, does anyone else think Ziggler is going to come out of this on top?!?)
    I'm not saying Cena isn't a leader (perhaps a topic for another thread), but I do not see him having the respect of a HHH, HBk, and definitely not of the Taker

Bring in The Monster Abyss!! Heh heh heh!!

i am a big fan of re-cycling gimmicks, it is done so often anyway, just never really admitted. ADR is a rehashed gimmick (Dibase, JBL), DB as the short in statue underdog. is a gimmick that has been around forever (rey mysterio), ziggler as the cocky, good looking, excellent athlete type (curt hennig). there are very few original gimmicks these days, you have punk and cena off the top of my head. SCSA i think said the only way to TRUELY get over, if find yourself within the character. that is why the guys who get over, have a little bit of their character in their off screen. phil brooks is sort of a dick in real life, so he plays that well on tv. john cena is genuinely a good dude, so he plays the hero well. the guys that that fail are the ones who cannot bring any of their real life personality into their character (ie why orton sucks as a face) same with miz.

QUOTE=firestarter;869683]Don't you remember about 19 years ago there was another Undertaker portrayed by Brian Lee a real life friend of Mark Callaway, it was a bomb. HE would wrestle as the Taker when Mark was actually on his hiatus, they finally met at SS94, the real Taker faced the fake undertaker at SS to rid of this awful gimmick.

I do remember this awful booking. But, in looking at this instance, the real Undertaker was still strong and in everyone's eyes the only "real" Undertaker.

i also like what Merhardt03 had to say when he equated the current era as the Reality Era. It is because of gimmicks with Ascension and Bray Wyatt that lead me to ask this question. I'm to don't think anyone can reach the Phenom level as Mark has; and after reading these comments and giving it careful consideration I am beginning to see no one may be able to take one the same mystical themes.

Everyone seems to be willing to suspend reality when Mark is in the ring; but they do not seem to suspend the reality for anyone else.

When Mark finally does retire, allowing whomever to go over against him; we may very well see the death of the Undertaker.
    "It's what's best for business."
    Triple H

"Sometimes you can observe a lot just by watching."
    Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    It would be hard to find a guy that can deliver a dark gimmick with great in ring skills and mic skills. Longevity is the key to a character, one that can maintain interest. The undertaker did that with tweaks every couple years. It would be hard to find a guy with the same dedication undertaker gives his character.

But I do agree with Tommy Gun, wwe is trying to mold the ascension in nxt to be that supernatural phenom type. But when would be the right time to bring them up is the real question.
    When he makes his appearance for his Wrestlemania run he could bring the Ascension with him to combat The Shield since they still talk about how they took out Undertaker.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCap202 View Post
    Could There Ever Be Another Undertaker ?
    No, there will never be another Undertaker. Never ! Perhaps a silimar gimmick will be created by WWE but, another guy called The Undertaker, no. In fact I really hope this will never happen, it will be a failure of course.
    Respect the beard !

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    No, there will never be another Undertaker. Never ! Perhaps a silimar gimmick will be created by WWE but, another guy called The Undertaker, no. In fact I really hope this will never happen, it will be a failure of course.

Is it your prediction that Ascension and the Wyatt Brothers will be a failure?
    Triple H

Yogi Berra

No I never said that
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    Is it your prediction that Ascension and the Wyatt Brothers will be a failure?
    No, he said that there would never be another character exactly the same as The Undertaker with that same name, and he thinks if that were ever to happen that it would fail.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Then your responses are out of context with the question asked.

The question is, could there ever be another "Undertaker" type persona?
    I am fully in agreement that there should not be another person with the name Undertaker. Just as there should be no other named Steve Austin, The Rock, Superfly, etc. I don't want it and I agree if anyone tried to take over their name it would be a failure. I respect their efforts to much to attempt to do an outright copy.

What if the Undertaker did bring along Ascension in a match with say the Shield. And during this build up, Undertaker make it clear that he was teaching them his ways so they could continue the Ministry of Darkness. In our "Reality Era" WWE; would there be buy in from the Universe?
    Triple H

Yogi Berra