Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPV Posters

Blog Entries

PPV Posters

Alright, efedders. Lend me your ears for just a few minutes. There's been something that's been on my mind ever since I've been a part of the efeds here. It's not a major issue but I feel lie it's one that should be addressed: Are PPV Posters necessary in our sigs? What purpose do they serve? Have they attracted new members to the efeds? Does it boost morale in the current members? Despite the fact that a few members here have cited these types of sigs as a nuisances, should we consider getting rid of them?

Just state your opinions about them below but try to be civil.

Blog Entries
    I actually don't mind them. I think it builds anticipation and shows enthusiasm for ones fed.
    #TeamGeeky

If they are put to a decent size than I see no problem. It's no different than every other sig

I like them. Personally it makes the PPV get hype as the weeks go on and really only creative members should have them in their sigs; I'm the exception since this is my first character poster and it's special

I'm just no fan of big pictures and quoting too many quotes

Yes, Jelly. That was directed at you
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.E. Zero View Post
    I like them. Personally it makes the PPV get hype as the weeks go on and really only creative members should have them in their sigs; I'm the exception since this is my first character poster and it's special

I'm just no fan of big pictures and quoting too many quotes

Yes, Jelly. That was directed at you
    I
    don't
    necessarily
    disagree
    with
    PPV
    posters
    in
    sigs
    as
    long
    as
    they
    are
    an
    alright
    size!

But
    I
    cannot
    help
    but
    agree
    that
    too
    many
    quotes
    AND
    a
    picture
    no
    matter
    what
    size
    can
    be
    a
    bit
    much.

i am fine with them too. Like it has been stated- as long as its a reasonable size and members of creative have it as a sig(or even the person who created it). Not gonna replace my sig though, unless i can find an even cooler Allison Brie animated gif

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have the PPV poster because I like to advertise. I have one lin in there with the theme. And listing current creative. I don't see anything wrong with it. My sig doesn't overpower anything, it's not a GIF that eats up bandwith, it's still and chill. I like to show it off because I like what I do with Photoshop and it seems other people do as well. I like to be creative and from a creative standpoint, it makes the e-feds feel a little more "real".

Blog Entries
    I think if the person wants the PPV Poster in their sig, who can stop them if it's a reasonable size? We shouldn't prevent anyone from putting whatever they want in their sig if its within the rules.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Alright, efedders. Lend me your ears for just a few minutes. There's been something that's been on my mind ever since I've been a part of the efeds here. It's not a major issue but I feel lie it's one that should be addressed: Are PPV Posters necessary in our sigs? What purpose do they serve? Have they attracted new members to the efeds? Does it boost morale in the current members? Despite the fact that a few members here have cited these types of sigs as a nuisances, should we consider getting rid of them?

Just state your opinions about them below but try to be civil.
    What purpose do they serve?
    Well they advertise the fed, specifically the ppv.

Have they attracted new members?
    Yes. I've had many a person come to me over the time I've been here inquiring what my sig is about and what EWNCW is after seeing my sig.

Does it boost morale?
    I don't know to be honest.

If having the ppv poster in my sig wouldn't do the above, specifically the first 2 things, then I wouldn't have it in my sig. I've got much better things that I'd like to put in my sig, but I'll use the ppv poster since it helps EWNCW.

I don't know of anyone who's cited ppv posters as sigs specifically as a nuisance. I've seen people complain when a sig is too big or if a sig is a GIF (since that makes the page load slower), but I've never seen anyone specifically say that an e-fed ppv poster bothers them.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    unless it's gigantic it's no better or worse than any other signature picture.
    that being said, the argument can be made that it draws more attention to a specific part of the forum, which is ostensibly a good thing.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.