Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gimmics that great build ups but failed miserably anyways..

Not just crappy gimmics, but gimmics that got great build ups and failed, Glacier in WCW comes to mind. They spent months showing Glacier vingettes to build up his debut...and Nobody liked him.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

Blog Entries
    Kevin Thorne comes to mind. He had a great build-up and his dark, mysterious, vampire character being with Shelly Martinez(Ariel) was for sure to get him over but his character didn't go anywhere by the way WWE booked him. Kinda stupid that WWE blamed Thorne for the gimmick not getting over. Maybe if WWE put him in a feud with Kane or The Undertaker then his gimmick could've worked but instead, they had him jobbing to Stevie Richards. Really?
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Quote Originally Posted by WWTNA Mark View Post
    Kevin Thorne comes to mind. He had a great build-up and his dark, mysterious, vampire character being with Shelly Martinez(Ariel) was for sure to get him over but his character didn't go anywhere by the way WWE booked him. Kinda stupid that WWE blamed Thorne for the gimmick not getting over. Maybe if WWE put him in a feud with Kane or The Undertaker then his gimmick could've worked but instead, they had him jobbing to Stevie Richards. Really?
    He was even better as Mordecai...the "anti-Undertaker". The vampire gimmick I didn't care for because it's been done a million times...but Mordecai could have been huge.

Sean O'haires "Devils Advocate" gimmick is another.

I also liked Mordecai. Good call TNAmark.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

I didn't think anybody else remembered Mordecai besides me. I thought that he was going to be the next Undertaker or Kane. Muhammad Hassan was another guy that got built up great, and everybody hated him like it was meant to, but it was over too soon. I think he could've been one of the best heels ever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bralon23 View Post
    I didn't think anybody else remembered Mordecai besides me. I thought that he was going to be the next Undertaker or Kane. Muhammad Hassan was another guy that got built up great, and everybody hated him like it was meant to, but it was over too soon. I think he could've been one of the best heels ever.
    WGN. WGN HATED Muhammad (who I really started to like actually). Daivari too.
    D.O.A.

maybe wwe should bring back Mordecai to "save us" LOL

Muhammad Hassan was scheduled to win the world title as the company's biggest heel but unfortunately for him, he was deemed "politically incorrect" and was canned. What a waist of talent

I always liked Burchil's pirate gimmick. It was hilariously cheesy but was way over with the crowd. Anyone knows why they ended that run?

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Man View Post
    Muhammad Hassan was scheduled to win the world title as the company's biggest heel but unfortunately for him, he was deemed "politically incorrect" and was canned. What a waist of talent
    Aye. Great character, just wrong timing.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.