Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Great one is back...

Santino Marella made his return to Raw on Monday, to a very good pop. And he beat Antonio Cesaro cleanly, now at first I thought to myself he might get squashed. But during the match Santino displayed some of his judo moves, with kicks, and even beat him with a judo like throw. Now this is something I wanted to see Santino do on tv for a long time. I don't need to see him really serious, but to see him do his kicks, and show off his background was pretty cool. I hope to see Santino get a push now that he's come back. Though I'm not sure where to put him in current storylines, but maybe somehow he can be a part of the major story-line that's going on. One can easily have Triple H call him a joke, and have Santino try to prove him wrong. Have Triple H call him a modern day doink the clown, (similar to what he did Daniel Bryan) and he can join the faces that are all against the HHH regime. I don't know, I just feel Santino Marella can be a top superstar on the roster if they book him correctly, and hopefully can be given some storylines, and maybe even give him some gold in the future.

Thoughts on what to do with Santino? And what do you want them to do with Santino?

I have nothing vs Santino, but I really think it's not a good thing to have him beat impressive guys like Cesaro, with his actual clown gimmick. I can't imagine Antonio Cesaro losing to him like that. WWE picked the wrong opponent for him (even for Smackdown they picked the wrong one, we'll see this Friday, I find this ridiculous...). Santino's clown gimmick should have already stopped.
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    the great one? I wouldn't go that far.

Blog Entries
    I love Santino and I have repeatedly mentioned on this site that I want to see him pushed..when i say I want him to be pushed, not to make him WHC..but I want him to be a part of main story lines..he's an amazing talent in ring n on mic he'll definitely add a lot of entertainment to the story line..

Santino does have one of the most accomplished martial arts backgrounds in the WWE. He has to be the goof though because of his size. As his Boris Alexiev persona in OVW, he was pretty awesome. If you ever get a chance, search YouTube for Boris Alexiev. It's a believable character.

Lmao the great one wat a joke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Obama View Post
    Lmao the great one wat a joke.
    Oh my, you must think he was being serious xD

Great to see him back, though I was hoping that we'd seen the last of the goofy Santino. I would like to see him being a little more serious. It was cool to see him win with that judo throw though.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Santino Marella is definitely somebody that I would sit down and have a beer with while talking about whatever. He comes across as being very laid back and intelligent in his youtube videos about Battle Arts Academy. However, his wrestling career is a different story. I know that comedy has always been his thing, but part of me wants him to become more serious while still being funny in his promos. Sort of like Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, and The Rock have done in the past. I am tired of him being stuck in the comedy limbo that many associate with as being "in the dog house".
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I have nothing vs Santino, but I really think it's not a good thing to have him beat impressive guys like Cesaro, with his actual clown gimmick. I can't imagine Antonio Cesaro losing to him like that. WWE picked the wrong opponent for him (even for Smackdown they picked the wrong one, we'll see this Friday, I find this ridiculous...). Santino's clown gimmick should have already stopped.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Oh my, you must think he was being serious xD

Great to see him back, though I was hoping that we'd seen the last of the goofy Santino. I would like to see him being a little more serious. It was cool to see him win with that judo throw though.
    He was serious.....