Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal Member

Antonio Cesaro: Does he need a face turn?

Initially I thought the voice of Zeb Coulter, as the backing man for Cesaro would have been what is "best for business"; but then I realised, theres no real heat for Swagger and Cesaro; they're pretty much just the body guards for Zeb Coulter to slander the fans about immigration.

So it got me thinking after watching this week's episode of Raw. In order for Cesaro to be booked as one of the top guys in the business, does he need a face turn? I mean as much as I love him being a heel, I mean he fights cleanly, he does moves to awe the crowd, and quite frankly I think at one point on this week's raw I actually heard a pop for one of his moves.

In fact, I think that currently in the way he's booked, him and swagger are just in the shadow of Zeb, and it isnt really doing anything good for them both. Usually a manager creates awareness about a particular superstar or superstars, as evident with AW with the Prime Time Players. But it seems similarly to Vicky Guerrero when she was with Dolph, she seemed to be such a strong heel that she was the one getting all the reactions, which takes away from her role of actually being a "support" for the person she is managing.

But now the point of the thread
    In terms of Antonio Cesaro and his development in the WWE
    Is it suggestable that he should turn his back on the "Real American" Zeb Coulter and Swagger, proving himself as a worth competitor for a mid card and potential uppercard title?
    Could it be in the form of him accepting he's not actually American and in the process gain a large fan following for 'stickin it to the man' as it were?

Discuss.

P.S - On the past Raw, Cesaro calls Santino a "Piece of Shit"
    So I marked out, as you do

Not right now. There are too many faces that just recently turned, so Cesaro will just get lost in the shuffle unless they turn some faces heel to balance it out.

Cesaro, unfortunately, since he lost the US Championship, is a jobber, and WWE makes him look pathetic in the ring. Antonio Cesaro is impressive and he should be a serious threat for all the locker room. Instead, WWE makes him lose to a clown like Santino. I'm sick of things like that. I feel bad for him at this time. If I was Vince, he would be in a serious feud at this time.
    Respect the beard !

Until he can gain a reaction from the crowd he will continue to be a low midcard jobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick BoA View Post
    Until he can gain a reaction from the crowd he will continue to be a low midcard jobber.
    That doesnt stop ADR, wthout RR he barely gets a reaction but still continues to hold the WHC
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

His wrestling ability and strength is second to none.....he needs a package that will push him to that next level, WWE have a guy there that has a great imagination..........Paul Heyman

He doesn't have to become a Heyman guy but just to have him 'scout' him maybe i don't know or tap into his creative knowledge behind the scenes but a the moment he is certainly being wasted i feel

Yeah, supposedly Vince isn't a big fan of Cesaro. He likes him but doesn't see him as a draw.

Blog Entries
    Swagger/Cesaro should get a shot at the tag titles, during which match Cesaro will be pinned for the loss. Coulter and Swagger blame Cesaro for the loss, perhaps Zeb cuts a promo about never get a foreigner to do an American's job, etc. Anyway, this sets up a feud between Swagger and Cesaro, thus catapulting the winner (Cesaro) to one of the midcard titles; I would go US title to set up Cesaro and Ambrose.

Follow me at:
    cmstanton.tumblr.com (The CS BS: Sports Edition)
    Twitter: @TheCSBS

Antonio Cesaro is fantastic in the ring and if everyone thought the big swing was impressive just wait and see if he breaks out a UFO Unidentified Flying Opponent it is unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Antonio Cesaro is fantastic in the ring and if everyone thought the big swing was impressive just wait and see if he breaks out a UFO Unidentified Flying Opponent it is unbelievable!
    That is the dumbest indy league move possible.