View Poll Results: Who will win at Wrestlemania?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Undertaker

7 70.00%
  • HHH

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I don't understand what's so special about a fake win/loss record on a scripted sports entertainment show.
    For realz. People put entirely too much stock into that stupid streak. And I think the longer it goes, the more counter-productive it actually becomes; instead of amounting to something special, the match outcomes become more and more telegraphed on account of them quite obviously building towards a 20-0 for 'Taker to go out on.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Agreed with Rich!!

I'm tired of the streak
    Is gone out of control now.
    Evrybody knows that taker would not lose EVER
    so why is everybody so excited?
    Besides, HHH an taker are both rusty and getting old
    so why are you guys excited?

Normal Member ToWhomItConcerns.'s Avatar
    to me personally the Taker/WM match is the most important match of the year...now before any of you read that as "Taker's WM match is the most important match of the year and to hell with everything and everybody else" i'll repeat with caps what i said:

"TO ME PERSONALLY the Taker/WM match is the most important match of the year". i can honestly say i don't care about most of the other matches throughout the year. i'm not a big fan of seeing Taker take on younger guys at Mania. why? i don't know i just don't like it too much i guess i don't "trust" them to put on a great match. so anyways i have no problems with him facing HHH again. and the IWC will bitch from now til the end of time about how they faced each other at WM17 but heres the inside scoop...IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO!!!!

still though i'm not sure if they should go with the whole "you retired my best friend and i want revenge" it sounds kinda like a high school grudge. instead they should go with "we've been around the longest and now 1 of us has to go" (they did something like that after RAW last year check it out on Youtube if you haven't seen it)...as for if it should be the main event? its a no brainer. but only if Rock/Cena doesn't happen (personally i'm not getting my hopes up). if both matches do happen then it can really be a toss up between the 2 as to which should close the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I don't understand what's so special about a fake win/loss record on a scripted sports entertainment show.
    so know you're Calling it a "Sports Entertainment " ?!

WTF are you talkin about
    Taker is not a TITLE guy and for The Time That he spent in WWE he should be at least a 15 time world champion but guess what ?! He's Not !

so The WrestleMania Streak is The least Thing That he Deserves

cuz being at 18 frikin WManias and winning Every single one of them is Cool as hell even if it's Staged

and Taker Deserves it

I'll give you guys that, it can lead to some interesting hooks into WM and I'll mark for the near falls, but to "quit wrestling if it ends" is just ridiculous.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

the IWC complains for 12 months of the year about the Taker streak. "oh its so predictible", "oh i hate the streak i wish it would die", "it should be broken by a young guy cause it would give him a big push" but the bottom line is this:

its still 1 of the most (if not THE most) anticipated matches of the year. don't believe me? go back to WM over the last 10 years (when they started really making a big deal of the streak) and look at the crowd reactions when he wins the match...especially Mania 23

also as for a younger guy ending the streak...why? so he can end up pulling a Lesnar and leaving after being pushed to the moon? also look at someone like Randy Orton at Mania 21. him "almost" beating Taker (and then going on to feud with him) helped him out ALOT. personally i never took him serious as a main eventer before then. and don't give me that "he was world champ bullshit" that means absolutely NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by ToWhomItConcerns. View Post
    to me personally the Taker/WM match is the most important match of the year...now before any of you read that as "Taker's WM match is the most important match of the year and to hell with everything and everybody else" i'll repeat with caps what i said:

"TO ME PERSONALLY the Taker/WM match is the most important match of the year". i can honestly say i don't care about most of the other matches throughout the year. i'm not a big fan of seeing Taker take on younger guys at Mania. why? i don't know i just don't like it too much i guess i don't "trust" them to put on a great match. so anyways i have no problems with him facing HHH again. and the IWC will bitch from now til the end of time about how they faced each other at WM17 but heres the inside scoop...IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO!!!!

still though i'm not sure if they should go with the whole "you retired my best friend and i want revenge" it sounds kinda like a high school grudge. instead they should go with "we've been around the longest and now 1 of us has to go" (they did something like that after RAW last year check it out on Youtube if you haven't seen it)...as for if it should be the main event? its a no brainer. but only if Rock/Cena doesn't happen (personally i'm not getting my hopes up). if both matches do happen then it can really be a toss up between the 2 as to which should close the show.
    Yeah exactly my point, 10 years ago was a fine match
    now, this guys are getting old, and sloppy. I would've prefer they face younger guys that can carry them trough the match.
    I was excited for last year match, this year is just meeehh

i still don't see him getting sloppy. is he older? hell yeah. the guys worked for 26 years. unless i'm forgetting something and i don't think i am from 1990-1999 he had less than a year off total (Jan-Aug 1994 and Sept 1999-April 2000...before anybody says i can't sound i obviously stopped at Dec 1999) so yeah hes pretty much injured if a bug bites him. his body is older than a normal 45 year olds. but sloppy? i don't see it. when he needs to have a big match he performs.

Quote Originally Posted by ToWhomItConcerns. View Post
    the IWC complains for 12 months of the year about the Taker streak. "oh its so predictible", "oh i hate the streak i wish it would die", "it should be broken by a young guy cause it would give him a big push" but the bottom line is this:

its still 1 of the most (if not THE most) anticipated matches of the year. don't believe me? go back to WM over the last 10 years (when they started really making a big deal of the streak) and look at the crowd reactions when he wins the match...especially Mania 23

also as for a younger guy ending the streak...why? so he can end up pulling a Lesnar and leaving after being pushed to the moon? also look at someone like Randy Orton at Mania 21. him "almost" beating Taker (and then going on to feud with him) helped him out ALOT. personally i never took him serious as a main eventer before then. and don't give me that "he was world champ bullshit" that means absolutely NOTHING.
    I know the IWC is known for being well... A pain in the ass
    But you cant argue with the fact that they know what they're talkin about.
    The streak match have been good the last 2 years but Triple H? Is this going to have a good build up? is even going to be a grat match?
    And yes the match is one of the most anticipated, but don't you get tired of seeing this year after year?