Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal Member
    Blog Entries

Another Paul Heyman Guy?

After watching Kofi Kingston "upset" Curtis Axel on SmackDown, and Paul Heyman's reaction backstage, do you think Heyman will introduce a new Paul Heyman guy to help him 'guarantee" a victory over CM Punk at Night of Champions?

There is a number of questions I have in my mind when it comes to this match. Will CM Punk simply defeat Axel then tear Heyman apart? Will Axel and Heyman actually defeat Punk? Will Heyman get Lesnar to return to help him attack CM Punk? Will Heyamn strike a deal with enemy Triple H and get The Sheild to help him destroy Punk? Or, will someone else entirely get involved on Heyman/Axel's behalf?

My gut tells me that CM Punk won't simply defeat Axel and Heyman at Night of Champions, nor Axel/Heyman defeat Punk. Something interesting will happen, and one of the above questions will be answered. I would LOVE if Heyman and Axel joined Triple H's Corporate Family and add an interesting dynamic to the storyline. Having real life best friends and former enemies CM Punk and Daniel Bryan fight together against an alliance of Triple H, the McMahons, Randy Orton and the Shield would bring the storyline full cirlce.

Picture it. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel standing next to WWE Champion Randy Orton - two 3 Generation Superstars side-by-side, with the most powerful figures in WWE backing them - Triple H, Paul Heyman, Mr. McMahon and Stephanie McMahon. And with them, The Shield. Also, if Curtis Axel joins the Corporate Family, the regime will have the WWE Championship, Intercontinental Championship, United States Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship in their camp.

How about them apples???

Blog Entries
    Just a thought here, but this could be a way to re-introduce Matt Morgan. He's reportedly been in talks with WWE since leaving TNA, and if you remember, he was one of the guys that was part of Team Lesnar/Heyman back at Survivor Series 2003, so he could be brough in as a 'Paul Heyman guy'. i think a role of added muscle to Heyman and Axel would be a good role for Morgan, plus it would add a fresh impetus to the Heyman vs Punk feud.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    That idea would be EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    After watching Kofi Kingston "upset" Curtis Axel on SmackDown, and Paul Heyman's reaction backstage, do you think Heyman will introduce a new Paul Heyman guy to help him 'guarantee" a victory over CM Punk at Night of Champions?

There is a number of questions I have in my mind when it comes to this match. Will CM Punk simply defeat Axel then tear Heyman apart? Will Axel and Heyman actually defeat Punk? Will Heyman get Lesnar to return to help him attack CM Punk? Will Heyamn strike a deal with enemy Triple H and get The Sheild to help him destroy Punk? Or, will someone else entirely get involved on Heyman/Axel's behalf?

My gut tells me that CM Punk won't simply defeat Axel and Heyman at Night of Champions, nor Axel/Heyman defeat Punk. Something interesting will happen, and one of the above questions will be answered. I would LOVE if Heyman and Axel joined Triple H's Corporate Family and add an interesting dynamic to the storyline. Having real life best friends and former enemies CM Punk and Daniel Bryan fight together against an alliance of Triple H, the McMahons, Randy Orton and the Shield would bring the storyline full cirlce.

Picture it. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel standing next to WWE Champion Randy Orton - two 3 Generation Superstars side-by-side, with the most powerful figures in WWE backing them - Triple H, Paul Heyman, Mr. McMahon and Stephanie McMahon. And with them, The Shield. Also, if Curtis Axel joins the Corporate Family, the regime will have the WWE Championship, Intercontinental Championship, United States Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship in their camp.

How about them apples???
    Haha. "Upset." I must give those two credit though. They put on one heck of a match. Plus the fans were really into it.

Anyways, I definetly want a "New" Paul Heyman Guy to be debuted at Night of Champions. Tommy Thunder's pick for Matt Morgan would be an excellent way to get him straight into a storyline. And honestly, if Punk just simply beat Heyman and Axel, or the other way around I would be dissapointed. Although bringing these two storylines together woul be awesome, I kind of like how they are seperated from the whole Corporation angle so they (Punk, Axel, and Heyman) can have their own ambiance to work with.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post

How about them apples???
    I think it will just make the storyline overcrowded.

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting to find something about Axel to like. Even his ring work I find nothing more than average. He can do the job - but so can a ton of guys.

I do like the idea of Axel joining the Haitch/McMahon/Bryan feud but I can't see Heyman joining that group. If anything, I could see Heyman going against the McMahon's (Attitude Era! lol) by forming an unholy alliance (or some crap) with DB. But thats highly unlikely.

There's too many heel groups in WWE and most of the faces seem to lack balls. They book heels strong and faces weak. Even when they win they look weak - only in WWE hey?

All the time that he was Michael M I wanted him to do well for his dad's legacy, cause Mr Perfect was someone I think the WWF should have done more with, but since Curtis A got his push I've decided they were doing the right thing in keeping him off the big stage. I don't mind admitting I was wrong before, but I do mind the fact they're now tarnishing his fathers name by giving it to him.

Another Paul Heyman guy would be good, because it would give Paul something to do while Lesnar isn't around that is worth while, honest truth is that he's wasting his time with Curtis

How about Kofi being the next Heyman guy. Everone knows Kofi and Punk are friends and travel togother. So during the match with punk vs axle and Heyman Kofi comes down to help punk but turns on him and helps Heyman. He can say he did it because Heyman is going to help his career where punk would not help him even though there have been friends for years. I knows it's a long shot but it would be a shock and add to the punk and Heyman story and make it more personal.

I'm pretty sure they want to make Heyman's "stable" pretty exclusive. I cant see them adding another person right now... although a tag team might not be out of the question.

First, think about this.

If Axel and company were to join with the Corporation; then all but two of the titles, would be maintained within the same stable. Is that what HHH thinks is "good for business"? I think it is.

I am not 100% certain the IC Title is on the line for the match at NOC. If it is, unless there is some run in or outside interference, there is no logical way CM Punk doesn't win the title. That opens up CM Punk to fall into the sights of the corporation. Punk has always been very outspoken, so it would be easy to bring him into the story line. Pull in another pro-corporation superstar to claim the title from him, (or give it back to Axel).

Sandow already has shown his support for the corporation. RVD beats ADR at NOC. Too many acronyms? The win by RVD, who has voiced hsi displeasure with the Corporation; results in HHH stepping in and giving the title to Sandow, using the MITB contract.

The only title remaining outside the Corporation would be the diva title. The WWE has shown a little more interest in pushing the divas lately; but have been known to let them be off in their own little part of the universe.

Next, I would love if they continued the currently storyline by adding another Heyman guy. I have been a big fan of Paul E. for a long time and am usually quite giddy when he gets to spend time on the screen. He is great on the mic and brings a different element to each match he is at ringside. A clean win by CM Punk would pretty much write him off the show. Brining another Heyman guy, (like Matt Morgan); would keep things going. I have watched TNA on and off for several years, (mostly off), and have seen Morgan work in the ring. He is a fairly decent big man wrestler and has above average mic skills.

Bring it on!!
    "It's what's best for business."
    Triple H

"Sometimes you can observe a lot just by watching."
    Yogi Berra