Blog Entries

Rey Mysterio retiring at end of year?

"Rey feels his time in WWE is up," a key WWE insider told us this evening,"his performance in the Elimination Chamber is a perfect example of Rey being used in the right fashion by WWE management. He really worked hard to get Edge over the right way, even though it's obvious there are no big plans for Rey at Wrestlemania."

WrestleZone was also told about a creative meeting in which a suggestion was made that since Alberto Del Rio is the #1 contender to the World's Heavyweight Championship, consideration should be given to Rey Mysterio winning the title, and making the championship match at Wrestlemania a match between two Mexican nationals.

"The thought was to appeal to the large Latino community in Atlanta," we were told, "and to attempt to promote the match the same way UFC promoted Cain Velasquez's fight against Brock Lesnar."

WrestleZone was told the pitch was never even made to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, because both Raw lead writer Brian Gewirtz and Smackdown lead writer Michael Hayes have been told Mysterio "will most likely not be re-signing after his current deal is up."

We have been told WWE would like to do some sort of merchandise agreement with Mysterio, but the negotiations haven't gotten to that stage yet.

Well with Rey's matches not involving as many high risk spots as they used to, as to not injure his knees(again), it does look like Rey will be calling it a career sooner, rather than in a few years. Thoughts?

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...-future-124309

As annoying as the underdog gimmick has been over the past few years, it would be sad to see the retirement of one of the best hispanic wrestlers to ever lace a pair in North America.

Blog Entries
    I'd prefer if Mysterio just took an extended break from the business (like Taker does, like HBK did, and like Jericho is doing) in order to rehab his injuries.
    It will be a sad day when he eventually retires.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'd prefer if Mysterio just took an extended break from the business (like Taker does, like HBK did, and like Jericho is doing) in order to rehab his injuries.
    It will be a sad day when he eventually retires.
    Yes he does this and comes back and makes himself the cruiser weight champ, and starts a tournament to put over the small younger guys and retires!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I hope so. I reallly really hope so.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger187 View Post
    Yes he does this and comes back and makes himself the cruiser weight champ, and starts a tournament to put over the small younger guys and retires!
    It's a pity Vince hates smaller wrestlers. A division like that would add some alternative to their shows. I remember smackdown at one point was pretty much filled with small wrestlers (then to take the piss they made the junior division...).

If Raw and Smackdown had lightweight matches it would definitely bring some pure wrestling fans back i'm sure. See people like evan bourne and chavo being used in actual matches not squashes.

He was a good wrestler

2012 Super Rugby Champions, The Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LOL xD

Someone is happy about this!

Rey had a great career.

The guy really put everything on the line for the fans. He had great matches, and actually made me believe a guy his size could defeat giants.
    But I also think his time is over. He should stick around a little more and put somebody like mistico over.
    Rey had a great career. It will be sad see him go