Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TNA camera work ..... another rant

For me my big problem with a easy fix is the camera work during a match. The cameras jump around to much to different angles and we miss the move/action. Every time someone hits a move the camera starts with one view and then the impact is shown with another view. And most the camera work is at a bad angle or to close to the action. Its almost like watching a bad 3D movie that is just made for the effects. For me a simple solution would be to keep most of the match full view of the ring. Catch a shot of a move before it happens and keep it there until after the move is finished. Don't zoom in so close that we can not see the action happening. This is a classic example where less would be more imo.

Fresh Member
    As a broadcasting student i hear what you're saying. I think they use the wide angle crane crowd shot waaaaay too much, and zooming just makes it look amateur. Also the behind the scenes concept is good, but the camera crew and interviewer don't get good shots or ask good questions.

Im a film student and its something that really bugs me too. It's like watching a really cheap indy show where they have just given a member of the audience a camera and said 'here film this for us'
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

I have no training and suck as a cameraman and I have little issue with TNA's camera work. It's obviously not as slick as WWE's and there are annoying things like, their long shot over the crowd, which I thing is just another sign of TNA not having the clear creative vision in the way WWE has in how they control every aspect of what we see.
    I did always like the lingering pans up Christy Hemme but they seem to have stopped doing those recently.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Lots of it falls back on the production crew, those in the control truck the producer and director of TV.... WWE does the same thing but not as often, it usually when a wrestler does or say something then they cut to another camera and pan the audience for a reaction....
    It can also be compared to any sport, basketball, baseball, and football as they like to change up viewers from play to play...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Lots of it falls back on the production crew, those in the control truck the producer and director of TV.... WWE does the same thing but not as often, it usually when a wrestler does or say something then they cut to another camera and pan the audience for a reaction....
    It can also be compared to any sport, basketball, baseball, and football as they like to change up viewers from play to play...
    Theres a right way to change up the views and a wrong way, TNA have and are seemingly doing it the wrong way. I understand its not easy to get the balance but they should be getting it right after 10 years
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

Watch WCW re-runs. It still looks like TNA production wise.
    WWE Cuts a promo, THEN looks at the audience for a reaction. TNA does it mid sentence.
    WWE just looked polished before it even went to HD.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

This is a complaint that I can agree with. The frequency in which they switch camera angles can be annoying. The only time this really works is when they cut back to the ring before Hernandez hits the Air Mexico.

For as many improvements that Bischoff and Hervey have made to the prod4, this is one issue that I really wish they would handle. If anything, they can keep the crazy camera angles when they edit the taped shows and see the final product before it airs. However, the live shows really need to lay off on this because they don't have as much room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I don't think it would bother people as much if they just stopped comparing both companies. A lot of stuff you see on RAW production wise, are Eric Bischoff ideas. When Bischoff was running ship in WCW, the production value was the first thing that made Vince feel like they were going to be a threat, and he began to apply those into his show. Bischoff polished TNA from the awkward production it had before, but there's also PLENTY of room for improvement, and all of that falls on money. WWE's production budget is about 20 times larger than TNA's, so it's no question why it looks bad to others.

My problem isn't too much on the camera angles. I think it makes them look different than any other wrestling show. What bothers me, are things like Tito's debut for example; that was bad. The execution would have been much better if the production had been done well. Another problem is the editing done for the second tapings. I understand they tape some backstage segments that don't even air live, but playing them with no crowd reaction and jumping to another one just looks odd.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    I don't think it would bother people as much if they just stopped comparing both companies. A lot of stuff you see on RAW production wise, are Eric Bischoff ideas. When Bischoff was running ship in WCW, the production value was the first thing that made Vince feel like they were going to be a threat, and he began to apply those into his show. Bischoff polished TNA from the awkward production it had before, but there's also PLENTY of room for improvement, and all of that falls on money. WWE's production budget is about 20 times larger than TNA's, so it's no question why it looks bad to others.

My problem isn't too much on the camera angles. I think it makes them look different than any other wrestling show. What bothers me, are things like Tito's debut for example; that was bad. The execution would have been much better if the production had been done well. Another problem is the editing done for the second tapings. I understand they tape some backstage segments that don't even air live, but playing them with no crowd reaction and jumping to another one just looks odd.
    I agree with some of the stuff you are saying but it doesnt take a genius to film something properly, they are trying to much to set themselves apart and its failing, im all up for being different but I dont think its working at all. Theres no fluidity in it. It looks extremely amateurish.