View Poll Results: Should Joe Burgett be prevented from doing any more "columns"??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

12 36.36%
  • No!

4 12.12%
  • I have never read any

7 21.21%
  • Hell yes!

19 57.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I don't either.
    Sadly, I am beginning to think that Joe lives somewhere close to my state... Which if this suspicion of his living in the south proves a valid point, it is all the more condemning for him as someone from his home region can't even follow his skewed ways of both thinking and writing.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sadly, I am beginning to think that Joe lives somewhere close to my state... Which if this suspicion of his living in the south proves a valid point, it is all the more condemning for him as someone from his home region can't even follow his skewed ways of both thinking and writing.
    he said he was a southerner... Soooo.....

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    He may or may not live in Alabama...

*whistles*
    Profile Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The "American language". I've heard it all now.
    I will leave you all with this parting bit of wordage.

I believe I mentioned that the American English language was different from the English language in other countries. Especially the British version of English grammar. As stated below:

http://www.onestopenglish.com/gramma...152820.article

http://esl.fis.edu/grammar/easy/aebe.htm

It just shows a few details on grammar and how it differs between American English versus British English. We all know a few words are spelled differently. But it's more than that.

In America in particular, there is am emphasis on New Journalism, as I previously mentioned.

You can read more about it I'm sure.

It is explained that New Journalism, according to today's version of it all, is defined as: "journalism containing the writer's personal opinions and reactions" Places which define it often go on to say that several things are shorthand, or written in different ways. So if a person speaks a certain way, they go by how they speak, a "colloquial style" style if you will. For example, Tom Sawyer would speak in a southern way and as a result, Mark Twain wrote in this fashion for Tom. Colloquial has picked up a lot in media these days because of it being an easier style for people to understand. Writing how one speaks rather than writing in a poetic tone is far more "user friendly". Another word you'd hear or see now and not in the 1960's for example.

The key is to know that it can work in several ways. Whether it's via Social Media, Video, or article form. All 3 can come off the exact same way, and not in three distinctive tone with New Journalistic Media.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Looks like I scared him off.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I don't either.
    Both of you: Get the hell out of Jack Swagger's America! ;P

That is all. ;P

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

This thread is hilarious! Based on what I read, this guy is full of shit.

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post

I believe I mentioned that the American English language was different from the English language in other countries. Especially the British version of English grammar. As stated below:

It just shows a few details on grammar and how it differs between American English versus British English. We all know a few words are spelled differently. But it's more than that.

In America in particular, there is am emphasis on New Journalism, as I previously mentioned.

It is explained that New Journalism, according to today's version of it all, is defined as: "journalism containing the writer's personal opinions and reactions" Places which define it often go on to say that several things are shorthand, or written in different ways. So if a person speaks a certain way, they go by how they speak, a "colloquial style" style if you will. For example, Tom Sawyer would speak in a southern way and as a result, Mark Twain wrote in this fashion for Tom. Colloquial has picked up a lot in media these days because of it being an easier style for people to understand. Writing how one speaks rather than writing in a poetic tone is far more "user friendly". Another word you'd hear or see now and not in the 1960's for example.

The key is to know that it can work in several ways. Whether it's via Social Media, Video, or article form. All 3 can come off the exact same way, and not in three distinctive tone with New Journalistic Media.
    I'm not doing the research for your argument for you. What kind of journalist says you can probably read more about it. That's horseshit!

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries

and as I said the first time you pulled this trite excuse out, New Journalism is a relaxed form, not ignoring grammar because it's "Too hard" Every time you claim your attachment to that movement, it reminds me of someone dropping all of his paints and calling the resulting mess "abstract art" It cheapens the entire genre to allow such an obvious amateur to use a legitimate term so incorrectly as a way to hide his shortcomings as a writer. Hell, there are Rednecks down here in Katy Texas that have more love for the language than you, but that's really the jumping off point this morning

Your second failing, of course is that you didn't pay attention in geography either, (odd thing for someone who wants to learn sociology, which of course isn't actual medicine, but that's too advanced an argument for you right now, so I'll leave it) If you had, then your quasi-racist crap about all those mexicans may have been better informed, perhaps when you learned and read about all those Mexicans living in the south back when it was called.... Mexico! But of course, much like your simplistic view of the industry that keeps us all entertained, you did not stop to think before typing.

Then you claim that it must be your "vaunted" position we're after, that must be why we hate you right? Not because you can't write for shit, or because you have all the vocabulary of an 11 year old, just because you are a columnist, right? Well, simple question then, where is our thread where we talk about the other guy? That's right, he's doing a fine job.

TL; DR - Copy and Paste from an english board doesn't make you correct, it just proves you have no idea what the hell you are babbling about.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries

At least quote what you copy and paste, my God man have you no morals?

According to the Merriam Dictionary:

Definition of NEW JOURNALISM

: journalism that features the author's subjective responses to people and events and that often includes fictional techniques meant to illuminate and dramatize those responses
    New Journalist noun

First Known Use of NEW JOURNALISM

Learn More About NEW JOURNALISM

Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about "New Journalism"

This does not mean make a blog by butchering the English language, (whether American or European style), nor does it mean to have a ton of grammatical errors, and if your using spellchecker then it's time to update your definitions and spelling of the words. 1960's and 1970's style writing is way out of date. Times change and so does interpretation of events, meanings of slang, and in order to be deemed a good writer one must captivate their audience and get them to think.

All you've been able to accomplish so far since you've been here is make a lot of people want to leave the site, (including me), troll people, and tarnish what was once a very honed reputation of this site. I have no idea what Frank was thinking bringing you on like he did, maybe he was drunk, but for whatever reason he did it does not seem to be working out. If your "columns" were to be placed in the blog section where they belong nobody would be as critical of "your opinion" which is what a blog really is.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Lets all ask ourselves at this traumatic time...What is the meaning of life?

I will leave you with that thought provoking question.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????