View Poll Results: Should Joe Burgett be prevented from doing any more "columns"??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

12 36.36%
  • No!

4 12.12%
  • I have never read any

7 21.21%
  • Hell yes!

19 57.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It occurs to me, that any self respecting writer with even only one humble bone in their body would have every interest in improving themselves with feedback. But all he seems to do is refute every single comment that even slightly disagree with him, as if he he stays on the same note loud enough and long enough then eventually that will make him right.

He just makes this place look bad if you ask me - and thats coming from me of all people!
    That's the issue right there, he's not. You can tell that from the body of work he deems fit to submit, plus who is moderating his work Clark? No surprises there then.

I think the entire quality of the news posted has gone down greatly on this site. Not sure if they are just trying something new, but I think Ryan's contributions have been bad lately also.

He has some ego from what i gather all of his responses to criticism are that "i write what i want and its my opinion so shut up" not phrased like that obviously but in a round about way.

Time to go fella or at the very least maybe we should all chip in get him some ECDL lessons to quicken up his apparently 5 hours of creating these "columns" as they're called & the latest version of MS Office so the sum bitch can spellcheck!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    He has some ego from what i gather all of his responses to criticism are that "i write what i want and its my opinion so shut up" not phrased like that obviously but in a round about way.

Time to go fella or at the very least maybe we should all chip in get him some ECDL lessons to quicken up his apparently 5 hours of creating these "columns" as they're called & the latest version of MS Office so the sum bitch can spellcheck!!!
    Pretty much, this is from me criticizing his lack of basic spelling or grammar skills.

DK where you heard that. It does not take 5 hours. That's quite a long time. And according to Word, editors, etc. it looks good. Btw, when you look at my work, I use my own wording with a lot of things as I don't like to come off like a person simply writing something. I like to come off as the guy who enjoys doing what I do. I enjoy being passionate about wrestling. So my take it always on how I feel in regards to something and how I'd say it in real life. If I wrote it like someone you see on Huffington Post, it would feel like a job and not much fun.
    So, from what I can gather, he doesn't want to bother being professional, because that "wouldn't be much fun"

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I got blocked, now my comments are pending moderation... all for saying

What you come off as, is a person who failed to complete High School English. There is an entire world of difference between having a different writing style and blatantly ignoring the rules of grammar that have existed for over a hundred years.

However I do thank you, you answered my question even better than you realize, and now I know the secret to that lovely smell of fail that marks a Burgett piece, you spending almost no time or thought (as was hypothesized, however it is always good to get confirmation) and the fact that your knowledge of your own language is defined solely by what a buggy piece of software can tell you about it.

I realize that this isn't exactly a scientific treatise or something world changing, but it is exactly your "Fuck it, that's good enough for this bullshit site" attitude that your strongest critics are reading in each and every one of your articles, and that we find so absolutely repugnant.

Blog Entries
    Why does he treat it like some sort of fan forum? Geez mate, give it a rest. Make a YouTube channel or something. But then I guess, noone will sit still for him trying to make a point for 5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post

This is the nub of the matter and what Rob has been vocalising. The guy is just incapable of taking critique. Any writer (and I'm using that term very loosely for him) worth their salt strives to improve constantly and would relish any comments that would help them to improve their craft. Writing is a constant learning curve and if he had any real love for English he would know this anyway.

He just seems satisfied to bash out the minimal effort he deems worthy to push out every few days and the powers that be on that side of the site seem to be happy with him foisting his mediocrity on their website for all and sundry to see.

Extremely poor on all sides.

Blog Entries
    Any way I can chang my vote lol? I clicked No! when I meant to click 'Never rad any' hahaha! Doesnt lok like it matters anyways, but I thought I'd explain my mistake

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    Any way I can chang my vote lol? I clicked No! when I meant to click 'Never rad any' hahaha! Doesnt lok like it matters anyways, but I thought I'd explain my mistake
    Duly noted Niall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    Hey look! I get to dole out my first ban!

I'm kidding

or am I?

No, I am

Am I?

Totally kidding, you are perfectly safe.

Are you?