Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: AJ's pipebomb

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Just a promo, not a pipebomb. I suppose it stands out because it was something good (for once) in the Diva division. Props to AJ - she's about the only good thing about the whole Diva trainwreck

The divas division is for a lot of people no longer a train wreck, myself included. I don't know if you are into reality television at all but I am. I know to some level all reality tv is scripted. Even if there isn't an actual script producers put certain situations into motion to make for good tv I get that. Anyway back to my point since I started watching Total Diva's which is a fantastic show by the way I have take more of an interest in all parties involved. So when I see the diva's have a match coming up I actually am interested in watching it.

The WWE can't please everyone but I think they accomplished what they wanted. Which was to make people care about the person behind the character therefore making you want to see them perform on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Thanks I practice in front of a mirror.
    The best thing about this thread has been Wade's randomly hilarious comments!!

On topic, how has this been made into such a big deal? AJ cut a brilliant promo, end of. Why is it anything more than just another segment on Raw? And to the person who said it was a slightly scripted shoot...wow. Just wow. It was clearly scripted, she delivered it well and I'm sure changed it up to suit her, but in no way was that a shoot, it was just a promo. And even the subject of this thread...pipebomb?! Brilliant hyperbole. Why try and compare that to Punk's promo? Completely different. I don't think we need to look too much into every single thing they do, just enjoy it for what it is.

Oh and The Bella's reactions during the promo were embarrassing, as was Mick Foley jumping to the defence of them with his statement on why they deserve respect!

King Kofi Kingston has a nice ring to it......not so easy on the initials though.

I loved it. It was a nice little touch that the division surely needed, although I hate the reaction. The Bella Twins get off on referring to AJ Lee as the locker room Bicycle or 'whore' to put it more harshly. I never viewed AJ Lee as that kind of person so it is weird hearing stuff like that. If it is all story-line then why not build her up as the goofy person she is? Why make her another sex item?
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    I loved it. It was a nice little touch that the division surely needed, although I hate the reaction. The Bella Twins get off on referring to AJ Lee as the locker room Bicycle or 'whore' to put it more harshly. I never viewed AJ Lee as that kind of person so it is weird hearing stuff like that. If it is all story-line then why not build her up as the goofy person she is? Why make her another sex item?
    Sex sells? I wouldn't take her seriously if she was goofy while trying to make the divas division as serious as possible. She should do more promos like last night to crank up the divas division and make things interesting for them.

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Sex sells? I wouldn't take her seriously if she was goofy while trying to make the divas division as serious as possible. She should do more promos like last night to crank up the divas division and make things interesting for them.
    I meant more so on the backstage image part. When she is out on the stage or in the ring cutting promos then sure I would love to see more of what she delivered the other night. I just get tired of her being perceived as a whore. They need to come up with more cleverer things than that. It just sounds like a Highschool argument based on 'insults out the ass'.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

I meant more so on the backstage image part. When she is out on the stage or in the ring cutting promos then sure I would love to see more of what she delivered the other night. I just get tired of her being perceived as a whore. They need to come up with more cleverer things than that. It just sounds like a Highschool argument based on 'insults out the ass'.
    I didn't know unstable chicks were classified as whores. Unless I missed something lol

I think they went past that with her and it is between the divas in reality tv and the divas champ. If anything, AJ isn't "perceived" as such until brought up. She is the champ. In the story, that is first and the divas can't ignore that.

#REAL!

I never viewed AJ Lee as that kind of person so it is weird hearing stuff like that. If it is all story-line then why not build her up as the goofy person she is? Why make her another sex item?
    Well remember she was the town slut for over a year, her character was the sort of girlfriend of Punk, DB, Cena, Dolph and others I believe. Just because she's now the champ doesn't mean people forget what she's been through and as heels I think the Bellas should use that to insult her, otherwise they'd be calling her a great wrestler and great champion which doesn't exactly insult her lol.

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???

RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

IWA

Sugar & Spice

JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion
    Eden Sky - JBW Bombshell Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl View Post
    Well remember she was the town slut for over a year, her character was the sort of girlfriend of Punk, DB, Cena, Dolph and others I believe. Just because she's now the champ doesn't mean people forget what she's been through and as heels I think the Bellas should use that to insult her, otherwise they'd be calling her a great wrestler and great champion which doesn't exactly insult her lol.
    Isn't AJ a heel as well? OOOH! Heel vs heel. I can dig it! Insult vs insult!

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    thoughts on AJ Lee's pipebomb about the diva's? No truer words have ever been spoken!
    I feel sorry for AJ, just imagine what she could put together if she had proper,talented in-ring performers to work with like Lita,Trish Stratus,Jazz and the Knockouts in TNA, she is carrying this awful womans division.

What makes her promo a pipebomb? It was well spoken, a couple of jabs, and a blowjob reference. Truth is womens wrestling in the WWE is boring, sloppy, and 5 minutes or less mainly because the hide or bury the real wrestling women in favor of models. Mostly what AJ is known for is "being with" alot of the top male wrestlers then screwing them over and skipping off. When did mic skills replace actual inring talent? Hopefully this new attention to the divas division will make the wrestling better, but I doubt it. Instead of going to war in the ring they will continue to have war of words, because lets face it most of them cant wrestle or get threw a match without botching and missing spots.