Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ's pipebomb

When you've been swimming in shit for so long, even a log that's on fire is a blessed relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Samders View Post
    Yes, they can all be given the character, but they would all be very bad at it because they aren't very talented people. Her character is interchangeable, but she isn't. For instance, if you gave Layla the character that AJ plays, it would be no where near as interesting. AJ's the one that makes the character interesting, not the other way around.

You just agreed with Glam; the character is simple and can be interchanged with other wrestlers, even if AJ Lee's skill can't be.

And for the second part is based off your opinion and speculation. I say Layla play an excellent, self absorbed role much better than AJ did when she was the GM. It is of your thought that AJ can't be replaced, which is fine; my opinion is that I can say there are other wrestlers who can play the same character she does, even if they can't perform as efficiently as AJ Lee can.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    When you've been swimming in shit for so long, even a log that's on fire is a blessed relief!
    I can't help but agree. Our expectations of the diva division are now so low that anything above mediocre becomes amazing. Congratulations guys - WWE has tricked you into accepting and expecting less and being fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I can't help but agree. Our expectations of the diva division are now so low that anything above mediocre becomes amazing. Congratulations guys - WWE has tricked you into accepting and expecting less and being fine with it.

If they were "being fine with it" then it wouldn't be as bothersome. It's that some are glorifying Lee into a role she isn't deserving of based upon one excellent promo. This is the "instant gratification" mentality that has promotions hotshotting stars to levels they don't need to be, nor could they live up to. Yes, AJ did well here, but overrating her to a level of saying she's in the top 10 talkers in the WWE, as well as thinking that her "character" is unique based upon the talents of April Mendez and not the actual (ya know) character is quite absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    If they were "being fine with it" then it wouldn't be as bothersome. It's that some are glorifying Lee into a role she isn't deserving of based upon one excellent promo. This is the "instant gratification" mentality that has promotions hotshotting stars to levels they don't need to be, nor could they live up to. Yes, AJ did well here, but overrating her to a level of saying she's in the top 10 talkers in the WWE, as well as thinking that her "character" is unique based upon the talents of April Mendez and not the actual (ya know) character is quite absurd.
    If we're being honest, what made me not like AJ in the first place was exactly that - the automatic elevation to the upper echelon of Diva/Superstar to the point where you might have been mistaken that she was a HOF-er already. Ever since her debut, fans have been doing this.
    Look, AJ IS good, but really - shouldn't we expect that? For mine, this whole scripted promo came off as being written 100% by Steph.

so someone gives one good promo and there great and everyone is a fan. samething happen to the miz a few years back. the miz fans are still holding onto that one good promo. a couple years from now aj fans will bring up this one promo as to why she is so great. it's sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    I don't think Brie Bella, Nicki Bella, Natalya, Eva Marie, JoJo, Alicia Fox or Kaitlyn could hold a candle to how AJ Lee has pulled off that gimmick. She's been very good with the microphone this past year for me. I don't think this was a pipebomb, just a very well delivered promo. Can you imagine one of the Bellas or Eva Marie trying to pull off that character. The only woman I think could pull that off is Paige, and shes in developmental. How you can say that AJ is interchangeable is beyond. By the way, not an AJ mark, just think she's one of the very few talented Diva's both in ring and on the mic.
    GG didn't say that AJ is interchangeable... She said the character/gimmick is one that can be given to MANY other talents and be successful.
    Yes exactly, she's likable because WWE allows us to like her, if they wanted to bury her like they have Nattie they could've. She does have great talent, but we see that because Creative was kinder to her than they've been to a ton of other talented women. Eve for example was a great heel and pretty good wrestler as well, but WWE held her back for years as evidenced by how she carried the division until her departure.

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???

RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

IWA

Sugar & Spice

JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion
    Eden Sky - JBW Bombshell Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Samders View Post
    Yes, they can all be given the character, but they would all be very bad at it because they aren't very talented people. Her character is interchangeable, but she isn't. For instance, if you gave Layla the character that AJ plays, it would be no where near as interesting. AJ's the one that makes the character interesting, not the other way around.
    oh its true, can't agree with you more

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    I don't think Brie Bella, Nicki Bella, Natalya, Eva Marie, JoJo, Alicia Fox or Kaitlyn could hold a candle to how AJ Lee has pulled off that gimmick. She's been very good with the microphone this past year for me. I don't think this was a pipebomb, just a very well delivered promo. Can you imagine one of the Bellas or Eva Marie trying to pull off that character. The only woman I think could pull that off is Paige, and shes in developmental. How you can say that AJ is interchangeable is beyond. By the way, not an AJ mark, just think she's one of the very few talented Diva's both in ring and on the mic.
    paige can't pull off the promo cuz what would she have said to Natalya? all aj could say about Natalya is she is from a wrestling family. Paige is from a wrestling family so she can't say anything to Natalya which would have killed the promo

Blog Entries
    GG didn't say that AJ is interchangeable... She said the character/gimmick is one that can be given to MANY other talents and be successful.

Yes, AJ is the top current Diva. But AJ character of AJ Lee - Nerd-friendly, psycho ex, latch onto top stars - is something that can be interchanged with other wrestlers. I can see the Bella's playing that "latch onto top stars" bit well, mainly because it fits in real life. I can see Aksana and Layla as the psycho ex... And I can for sure see Paige being the Nerd-friendly character (not because she does nerdy things, but because the internet nerd love her)
    Not sure on Aksana pulling off the physco ex, and I honestly dont rate Layla on the mic. The fact remains that not many (if any) of the Diva's can do the job AJ does on the mic. Sure, it can be an easy gimmick to pull off semi-well, but AJ has done pretty great with it if you ask me.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????