Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So hypocritical...

Im sure i am not the only one who has noticed this or thought of it in this way. And think its possibly one of the most hypocritical and worst moves WWE has done in recent times.
    But with all of WWE's anti-bullying campaigns that they do, and the way that they promote the whole anti-bullying topic.. am I the only one who think that Rybacks gimmick at the moment crosses the line and gives off a bad image on this topic.

I mean here is Ryback now days going around and finding some tiny backstage guy, be it a camera man or what not, and he is basically bullying them on prime time TV and pushing them around and then laughing about it.

Im sure im not the only one who sees this as a dumb and hypocritical move by the WWE. And im not one to talk down on anything they do but this one just took the cake for me.

Thoughts?

It is hypocritical but at the same time what would you have them do? Have a show based around good guys and bad guys with no bad guys? Or make the bad guys simpering wimps? Heels need to act like dicks and yeah it conflicts with program wwe is promoting but its the nature of the business.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

No not saying heels shouldnt act like dicks. Im not saying that at all.
    However, theres a difference between acting like a dick to the crowd or other superstars to build up heat and become more hated, and pretty much pushing across the fact that bullying is ok and all the big kids should do it for a laugh.
    Cause thats whats going to be seen from this one. Like i said im not one to frown on anything the WWE does but this one just stood out to me simply for the fact that they try to promote anti-bullying but they are pretty much pushing it along like its ok with this storyline. And the fact that they are supposed to be all PG and all.

I don't really see the issue. Its not Cena or Mysterio doing it, Ryback is clearly a heel and will inevitably get whats coming to him. Its really only an issue if a person only watched once or twice and doesn't see the bad guy get shown up. In fact if you look closely enough you get a very clear message about who bullies are as Ryback is picking on the help staff not the wrestlers, saying that bullies are only tough enough to pick on people who wont stand up for themselves.

Personally I don't like what their doing because it just seems lazy and uncreative to have the 'bad guy' shoving the back stage people around, its been done to death and this just seems childish.

It's still real to me!

There is a difference between what goes on onscreen and off screen.

BullyBack is portraying a role. A bully. It's an act, like Denzel being a crooked cop in training day, I'm fairly sure you don't think he actually backs crooks cops.

Be A star is OFFSCREEN.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Correct me if I am wrong but has anyone noticed that this could be a stunt to push the be a star campaign.

Think about it, Ryback bullies people left right and centre for several weeks/months until some "Be's a star" and stands up to it.
    They go over Ryback and the message of bullying doesnt pay gets sent across

Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but has anyone noticed that this could be a stunt to push the be a star campaign.

Think about it, Ryback bullies people left right and centre for several weeks/months until some "Be's a star" and stands up to it.
    They go over Ryback and the message of bullying doesnt pay gets sent across
    I think your overestimating the writing staffs ability to thin longer then two weeks ahead of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    I think your overestimating the writing staffs ability to thin longer then two weeks ahead of themselves
    Yeah thats true, my bad

Ryback: The Bully.

I know a lot of people are probably hating on heel Ryback. But I actually love it, I think Ryback has been playing the heel role perfectly. A lot of people are hating on his segments, bringing up the Be a Star campaign and how it doesn't make sense for WWE to continue to make segments like this (even they are kayfable.) But I think this is the perfect chance to bring in a new star on the roster, and that star being Kassius Ohno. Imagine if Ryback where to continue attacking people backstage, and for him to run into Kassius Ohno and slap him, only to be laid out by an elbow out of nowhere. I think that would be a perfect way to bring Ohno onto the roster, and I think this can make a great mid-card feud. But until then I think Ryback is one of the better heels on the roster, a lot of people don't like him. But I think for someone his size he is decent, and his mic skills are getting better.

So thoughts on Ryback in his heel role? And would you like to see a feud with him and Kassius Ohno?

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I know a lot of people are probably hating on heel Ryback. But I actually love it, I think Ryback has been playing the heel role perfectly. A lot of people are hating on his segments, bringing up the Be a Star campaign and how it doesn't make sense for WWE to continue to make segments like this (even they are kayfable.) But I think this is the perfect chance to bring in a new star on the roster, and that star being Kassius Ohno. Imagine if Ryback where to continue attacking people backstage, and for him to run into Kassius Ohno and slap him, only to be laid out by an elbow out of nowhere. I think that would be a perfect way to bring Ohno onto the roster, and I think this can make a great mid-card feud. But until then I think Ryback is one of the better heels on the roster, a lot of people don't like him. But I think for someone his size he is decent, and his mic skills are getting better.

So thoughts on Ryback in his heel role? And would you like to see a feud with him and Kassius Ohno?
    What makes Ohno so special about this scenario? Surely anyone could be the guy to stand up the Ryback?

I've never been a fan of Ryabck. Didnt like him as a face and don't like him as a heel. Aside from power he hasnt got much else. It pains me to say that i think he'll be world champ sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.