Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ryback: More Bully Than Bully.

What happened to Ryback? The man should be destroying the WWE. Instead he is pouring soup on a the backstage help.If Y2J can't bring you up then you have serious damaged to your character. Let the man win at a PPV. Someone with those attributes shouldn't be a jobber. Since Orton is the main heel I feel Ryback should go babyface and either go for US title or The IC title because Axel is awful. What do you think?

Getting Ryback some of his momentum back is going to take creativity. He could unify the IC and US belts and bring back a more PG version of the hardcore title, go on a dominant run defending it frequently by challenging anyone in the locker room to come out and take it in a No-DQ match. That would be an angle that would make him look very strong without involving him in WH or WWE championship feuds, allowing him to hold the title and play up that gimmick for quite some time without inducing stagnation in the main storylines.

That gazpacho he had in that SummerSlam segment has more heat than Ryback at the moment.

The only attributes he has is being able to make his juicing work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    He could unify the IC and US belts and bring back a more PG version of the hardcore title, go on a dominant run defending it frequently by challenging anyone in the locker room to come out and take it in a No-DQ match. That would be an angle that would make him look very strong without involving him in WH or WWE championship feuds, allowing him to hold the title and play up that gimmick for quite some time without inducing stagnation in the main storylines.
    I really like that idea. But I doubt the Hardcore title will ever come back. If WWE unifies the UC & IC, the IC will remain.
    Respect the beard !

this is all setting up for ryback vs big show in a big feud.

I think that they should push a new face to feud with the bully Ryback. Like let's say Ryback has a match on Main Event. Josh Mathews and Alex Riley are doing commentary (since Miz is also booked to wrestle that night). Ryback tries to pick on Josh only for Riley to stand up to him. Boom you have an instant feud right there. They don't have to go to PPV, they can just trade wins back and forth on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    I think that they should push a new face to feud with the bully Ryback. Like let's say Ryback has a match on Main Event. Josh Mathews and Alex Riley are doing commentary (since Miz is also booked to wrestle that night). Ryback tries to pick on Josh only for Riley to stand up to him. Boom you have an instant feud right there. They don't have to go to PPV, they can just trade wins back and forth on TV.

Yep, having Ryback feud with a guy everyone forgot about, on Main Event no less, will have him back at the top of the card in no time flat.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I really like that idea. But I doubt the Hardcore title will ever come back. If WWE unifies the UC & IC, the IC will remain.
    It doesn't really matter what you call it, per se. The point is that the mid-card title should be on the line all the time. It's not special enough to save for a PPV, it should be hard to keep because it should be defended at least once every 1-2 weeks on either Raw or Smackdown. That way if a guy holds it for a couple of months on TV and PPV, it makes him look very strong and puts him into a #1 contender position for the main titles.
    Last edited by Clay_Allison; 08-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post

Yep, having Ryback feud with a guy everyone forgot about, on Main Event no less, will have him back at the top of the card in no time flat.

It doesn't really matter what you call it, per se. The point is that the mid-card title should be on the line all the time. It's not special enough to save for a PPV, it should be hard to keep because it should be defended at least once every 1-2 weeks on either Raw or Smackdown. That way if a guy holds it for a couple of months on TV and PPV, it makes him look very strong and puts him into a #1 contender position for the main titles.
    Ryback needs something to do, and he ain't going back to the top of the card as long as the focus is on the McMahons/Orton/HHH/Bryan.
    Last edited by TempestH; 08-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Normal Member FakeSoldier/PhonyWrestler's Avatar
    I am a big Ryback fan. He will be back at the top of the card or near there soon. Maybe worl Haevyweight champ