Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    The same can be applied to almost everyone halfway decent that ends up in TNA.

Remember when Mickie meant something in TNA? Tara? RVD?
    See, I actually meant that I thought that they were genuinely doing a good job with how they were utilizing Pope at first. Kind of seemed like they were building him into an exciting and new main-event face with true star potential. Unfortunately, that shit got f.u.b.a.r. somewhere along the way.

And personally, to be completely honest, I've been disappointed with both Mickie and RVD from the moment they set their respective feet in TNA. They were both talents that I enjoyed in other companies, but their handling down in Orlando has left me with nothing to do but scratch my head. RVD's run, in particular, has completely soured me on the guy as I think it's become apparent that he's just a self-centered dick who has gone into business for himself.

I've always liked Tara, but I think she's been just as misused in TNA as she was in WWE. She's one of the best female wrestlers in North America, and she deserves far better than whatever she's gotten. She's pretty much Christian with tits.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    See, I actually meant that I thought that they were genuinely doing a good job with how they were utilizing Pope at first. Kind of seemed like they were building him into an exciting and new main-event face with true star potential. Unfortunately, that shit got f.u.b.a.r. somewhere along the way.

And personally, to be completely honest, I've been disappointed with both Mickie and RVD from the moment they set their respective feet in TNA. They were both talents that I enjoyed in other companies, but their handling down in Orlando has left me with nothing to do but scratch my head. RVD's run, in particular, has completely soured me on the guy as I think it's become apparent that he's just a self-centered dick who has gone into business for himself.

I've always liked Tara, but I think she's been just as misused in TNA as she was in WWE. She's one of the best female wrestlers in North America, and she deserves far better than whatever she's gotten. She's pretty much Christian with tits.
    Gotcha.

I think with Pope it's that Mr. Kennedy effect. Pope was on fire right up until he went down with an injury. When he came back he lost that spark. Partly TNA's fault and partly Pope's as well. I'v been hearing rumblings that he hates playing the heel and desperately want's to be face. So he's playing the heel role as a face and it just doesn't work.

Good call with the Tara/Christian comparison.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Gotcha.

I think with Pope it's that Mr. Kennedy effect. Pope was on fire right up until he went down with an injury. When he came back he lost that spark. Partly TNA's fault and partly Pope's as well. I'v been hearing rumblings that he hates playing the heel and desperately want's to be face. So he's playing the heel role as a face and it just doesn't work.

Good call with the Tara/Christian comparison.
    Interesting. Do you think Pope is, maybe semi-consciously, sabotaging his own heel run in the hopes that he'll get his way and be turned back into a face, or do you think he's just so uncomfortable in the role and ill-equipped for it that he can't make it work?

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Interesting. Do you think Pope is, maybe semi-consciously, sabotaging his own heel run in the hopes that he'll get his way and be turned back into a face, or do you think he's just so uncomfortable in the role and ill-equipped for it that he can't make it work?
    If you can actually understand what Pope's Gimmick is in the first place than you are a better man than me? The character is so bizarre I do not know if he would play out better as heel or face. It is like he set out to play a (and I hate this term in wrestling) tweener in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Mhm. Khali is an insult to "my people".
    What? Khali is a huge celebrity in India!

I'm leaning towards the former, mixed in with average TNA stupidity.

Blog Entries
    He needs to lose the 'congregation' and stop the 3rd person stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    If you can actually understand what Pope's Gimmick is in the first place than you are a better man than me? The character is so bizarre I do not know if he would play out better as heel or face. It is like he set out to play a (and I hate this term in wrestling) tweener in the first place.
    I think he's just supposed to be some sort of nonsensical hybrid of a street preacher and a pimp. I've yet to figure out what the surgical mask is all about, though; it just makes him look like some kind of ghetto Mortal Kombat character.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I think he's just supposed to be some sort of nonsensical hybrid of a street preacher and a pimp. I've yet to figure out what the surgical mask is all about, though; it just makes him look like some kind of ghetto Mortal Kombat character.
    I always figured it was a tribute to Michael Jackson.

Still dumb though.

Thumbs down NO Pope NO?!?!?!

What the hell was up with Pope's promo with the pig in the ring? Seriously? That segment was so bad that I couldn't believe what I was watching. The Pope could be great IF and only IF he becomes a true heel. He is a so so worker, and he needs to get some serious heat as a heel if he is to be taken seriously in my eyes.
    Beat me if you can... Survive if I let you...