Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Batista Return

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen his movies and have no idea what physical state he's in - and I don't mean health and fitness, but muscle.

If he were to come back, he should be his usual imposing self. And I'm not sure roiding up is the best thing to do, considering age. Edit: oh, and of course considering health in general.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Would love to see him back albeit only short term!

Its bound to happen if you ask me.

Lesnar is likely gone for awhile after SS.
    Cena will also miss some time with the elbow injury.

Could happen sooner rather than later.

Blog Entries
    I think he will be back in WWE at some point for one last run, though likely on a part time deal similar to RVD (who he's friends with I believe) or Jericho (he's apparently asked for a deal similar to Lesnar and The Rock in the recent past, but I can't see WWE giving him that).

However, I don't see it happening anytime soon since he's busy filming Guardians of the Galaxy at the minute, and if that movie proves to be a hit, then his movie career could really take off from there. I think they're planning on making a series of Guardians of the Galaxy movies, so who knows when Batista would become available for wrestling in the future, if indeed he'll ever be available again? Take into account that he's 44 years old too, then if he's going to be busy with movies for the next few years then the time for a comeback to wrestling, even if it's for 'one last run' could pass him and WWE by.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    I haven't seen his movies and have no idea what physical state he's in - and I don't mean health and fitness, but muscle.

If he were to come back, he should be his usual imposing self. And I'm not sure roiding up is the best thing to do, considering age. Edit: oh, and of course considering health in general.
    He's bulked back up to about 290lbs (pretty much his peak weight when he was Batista in WWE) for his role in Guardians of the Galaxy, so I don't think that's too much of a problem.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I'm a big fan of Batista and I would love for him to come back for one more run. How he was written off back in 2010 was awful, he deserved much better than that. With Guardians of the Galaxy, it'll be a while, but a return would be amazing.
    Rome wasn't built in a day.

He might be limited in what roles he can play but then again he may shock us all. Even if he never grows as an actor look at arnold schwarzenegger. He didn't have much range and became wildly successful.

I would not mind a royal rumble return or a short run to pump up a movie kind of like the rock does.

as long as wwe is pg i say no, every interview he complains about the current pg product

I'm just here to point out how hilarious his performance in House Of The Rising Sun is. Batista actually gets out-thespian-ed by Amy Smart. AMY. fucking. SMART.

But, yeah. He'll be back for one more run. Wouldn't be surprised if it were to coincide with the promotional lead-up to the Guardians release, either. But after that things hits (and it's going to hit big), I have a sneaking suspicion that Big Dave's going to have a lot less use for his previous Universe's denizens.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9