Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batista Return

Blog Entries

Batista Return

Do you think Batista will ever come back to WWE? Granted, his movie career is keeping him busy at the moment and while Guardians Of The Galaxy is something a bit more promising than his previous direct to DVD efforts, he's not exactly going to be offered many roles that don't heavily depend on his size and appearance. So, I'm willing to go out there and say that of his flirtations with the silver screen, this will probably be where he peaks. I just don't see enough roles for him that are going to set the world on fire.

I can't help but think of the way he was written off TV and how that might not be the best way to end things.

I'm also more than aware that he is like, half a billion years old so I figure time is running out for a possible return. If he did come back, I'd bet it would be one of these reduced schedule contracts. The only roadblock being that WWE doesn't need him and would be reluctant to fork over the money he would (reportedly) ask for.

What do you think? Will Batista ever step into the ring again?

I always liked Batista, but I don't care if he returns or not. He is getting old and would not actually contribute to improving the product in the long run.

A Royal Rumble run in with only he, Brock and Goldberg in the ring could be pretty neat.

Blog Entries
    I think that there is no question that a Batista return (definitely part time) would benefit the WWE. What are the chances? A coin toss if you ask me. He had roles in Man with the Iron Fist and the new Riddick movie as well, showing promise of a career. Regardless of how hollywood pans out for him, the clock is ticking...

If the Rumored Evolution reunion take place on tommorow's Summerslam,I can bet my whole freaking home on his Return later this year.
    He's getting old,but I wouldn't mind him returning.I used to be a Batista mark,especially his last Heel Run revealed him as a pretty much good talker for a powerhouse.And you gotta admit,his wrestling skills may not be top notch,but he know how to act like a real monster while beating somebody.
    The only problem I see in his return would be if he goes for the WWE title.I fear that letting him handle the main event scene would kills the momentum young guys like the Shield,Punk and DB have,unless the wwe find a way to let them shine!
    Into The Crippler!

Yes obviously he will return to WWE, perhaps with the same contracts of Y2J or Lesnar, but not full time. It is just a matter of time.
    Respect the beard !

I think his age is irrelevant, so long as he is healthy enough to still go. I liked him when he was in WWE and would like to see him return, but if he does he'll have a RVD Y2J contract, I don't think he is big enough to be able to negotiate a Rock Lesnar deal.

The only problem with his return is, what role would he play? I'm not sure he could come back as a monster and destroy people while Lesnar is around. As a face i'm not sure what he'd contribute. If its part time i wouldnt want him back challenging for titles and taking the spot from younger stars. I'm not really sure what his ego is like? Would he settle for a Y2J role and put people over. The flaw in that would be that he's "the animal" and taking too many losses would hurt his credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    The only problem with his return is, what role would he play? I'm not sure he could come back as a monster and destroy people while Lesnar is around. As a face i'm not sure what he'd contribute. If its part time i wouldnt want him back challenging for titles and taking the spot from younger stars. I'm not really sure what his ego is like? Would he settle for a Y2J role and put people over. The flaw in that would be that he's "the animal" and taking too many losses would hurt his credibility.
    I agree with all of this. I'm not sure how long Lesnar is under contract for but another part time monster would be unnecessary. I'd like to see Batista back to face Cena to get revenge for making him quit so maybe have him return at the 2015 rumble and face off at 'Mania 31.

Divas to believe in.

he has no need to come back.

Nope,he won't come back,at least not for a very long time,the thing with Marvel is when you sign a contract for them for a big franchise you do it for more than one movie,so my bet is he at least sign for 2-3 movies,and the way the teaser looked i think this movie will be a success