Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I just got around to watching the actual footage. How hilarious is that TMZ guy, stuttering and fumbling for words!! He was legit shocked. Fucking great.
    You posted that Big E. joke on the news section too, gotta hell of a lotta likes ha ha!

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

My Response

I use my phone for internet and it's running slow so if someone posted something like this, I apologize. My phone once again is going slow so I haven't been able to read all the post.1. I applaud Darren Young for coming out first off. I don't think they won't release him in the near future because WWE will have to deal with GLADD and backlash from their Be-A-Star anti bullying campaign.2. Like or hate John Cena he had good things to say regarding Darren Young.3. I hate to say this but I see this happening: The Prime Time Players will get what I like to call a Zack Ryder push. This will create buzz for a while so WWE will capitalize. The Prime Time Players will become face and fude with The Shield and eventually win the Tag Team Titles only to lose them like Zack Ryder lost the United States Title. Soon after Darren and Titus will break up (Vince likes Titus but not so much Darren as stated in previous news articles). Titus might make It big but who knows this isn't about him but I see Darren Young becoming a jobber to some extent like Zack Ryder just to eventually be released when this 'coming out' eventually cools down.

i'm gonna say it, i've been around the wrestling community for a long time and known a LOT of wrestling fans... and while i am as most of you are Proud of Darren young, i am also proud of us as a community. 15 yrs ago this would have been a VERY different conversation. As an LGBTQ friend family and advocate y'all make me smile.

Now because we know Vince and crew you know that a story will probably be done with this. and i had an idea of how to get it done right. How to incorporate this into a feud, give them a face turn ( they'll need it if Young is going to be seriously advocating the be a star stuff) and not have anyone have to be any more Douchey than their characters already are. PTP are set to fight the Real Americans, and we get a scathing anti-gay barrage from Captain mustache ( i literally forget his name and i just woke up so meh ) Young pins one of them for the win, and they start with the typical bullying tactics, spray painted locker, back stage beat downs etc... all the things Gay kids deal with... O'Neil stands by him getting more and more angry, but Young doesn't want to make "waves" keeps trying to make it not a thing, RA continue to interrupt matches etc... Until a couple of people basically say to him YOU'RE not making a it a big deal they are ... go take care of business... major event PTP go out and demolish RA, end Feud and Young's homosexuality is incorporated successfully into his Character as "it's not a big thing unless you make it one, and if you do i'll kick your ass".... this is how i would work it if i were going to work it into a storyline...i'd rater they didn't but they might so i wanted to see if it could be done tastefully
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I honestly believe this is probably the best thing for him both personally and professionally. And while I was never much of a fan of the guy, I've got a HUGE amount of respect for him now because it takes gihugic balls (heh, balls) to do what he did.

I just hope some ignorant wrestling fans don't make this into an ugly thing, which I'm not entirely confident that they won't, unfortunately. But on the flippity-flip, there is a teachable moment to be had here, and I can see a lot of the quality parents taking the opportunity to show their kids just how wonderful acceptance can be.
    hopefully. Really the whole thing feeds quite naturally into the B A Star campaign (which of course he just happened to be attending right after coming out) so not only the parents, but WWE can use this as an opportunity to help youth, as well as erase some of the stigma attached to professional wrestling as a den of homophobes. From the timing, and some twitter remarks it seems this wasn't that big of a shock to a lot of guys in the back, which if that is the case absolutely rocks, as it means that (again, hopefully) the locker room now is a lot different than the one that made Kanyon so nervous. (Though, to be fair, that man had a lot of other issues that messed him up)

Now to see what happens to the PTP gimmick, if all goes well it will be the exact same, and the only difference from this will be possibly more B A Star stuff for Darren to do. (Because yes, now he's a double-minority, and there is no company that won't capitalize on that)

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that WWE have been accustomed to using Twitter as an extension of their story lines and it's characters. Much like Bray Wyatt posting as an evil cult leader, in character. Or whomever. So when I said I'd assume his Twitter account reflects his onscreen WWE persona - that of a VIP "playa" money, women, etc - then his bio wouldn't need changed; it'd be perfectly accurate.
    I can buy this with the over the top characters for the likes of a Kane, Taker, and Wyatt... Hell even Tons of Funk. However there are just some characters that are intended to have more of a “reality” flavor to them, which translates into their usage on Social Media. If we assume that people are to remain their on-screen personas in all aspects while using twitter, then someone like Big E would be reprimanded for actually being humorous with his account since he has a more cold personality on WWE programming. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, and others would be lectured based upon not following WWE logic when they post their actual opinions on topics or reply to fans; positive or negative.

Yet they aren’t; they use their twitters with their own personality because it fits the more “realistic” type of character they play on screen. “Mr. No Days Off” comes across as an extension of Darren’s personality and work ethic in life, so why wouldn’t we expect to see him use twitter to further extend his true character? Doing so would appear to blend the real Fred Rosser’s views with that of the character Darren Young on WWE. I see why you would say that it isn’t mandatory that the twitter profile be changed, but I also think the character he plays wouldn’t change if he was to alter his profile to fit his actual views in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Jim Parson's Twitter account isn't relevant because that is the actor, the person, in reality, and I'd assume he's not going to be putting it out there on Twitter that he is interested in women if he is gay. If it was the Twitter account of Sheldon Cooper, then yes I would expect it to say that he was in a relationship with Amy whatshername.
    I see what you are saying with this so I’ll retract the comparison. The Hollywood realm isn’t meant to blend the actor with the character the way that the wrestling world intends. I was using the comparison because both I view WWE characters as being actors playing a role. In order to suspend disbelief, they attempt to combined the two; a practice not commonly used in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    lol, when was that taken?

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    lol, when was that taken?
    Wrestlemania weekend.

https://twitter.com/ProHEEL3/status/319884657703407616
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Nope. Just standing up to stupidity. Be a star.
    Are you gay?

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Are you gay?

dude let it go. your coming off as a asshole now. you made a bad joke that might offend people. a mod delelted it cause he for reasons he already said. wtf does being gay or not gay have to do with it?