Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139
  1. #1

    Darren Young: I'm Gay

    http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren...superstar-gay/

    Quote Originally Posted by TMZ
    WWE superstar Darren Young just dropped a bombshell, telling TMZ, he's gay ... and no, this isn't part of the act.

    Darren was at LAX Wednesday when we asked whether a gay wrestler could succeed in WWE, and Darren laughed, saying, "Absolutely. Look at me. I'm a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I'll tell you right now, I'm gay. And I'm happy. I'm very happy."

    For the record, Darren is now the first openly gay wrestler ever at WWE ... and the first headlining wrestler ever to come out while still signed to a major promotion.

    Other pro wrestlers have been rumored to be gay, but that's it ... just rumors.

    Bottom line: this is big, big news. For all its chauvinism and testosterone-driven bravado, coming out in WWE is tantamount to coming out in the NFL.


    Of course, wrestling is a little different, particularly because of how physical it is, and how little clothing is involved -- but Darren is completely unfazed. Watch the video to hear why
    It's good to hear an active wrestler to come out as openly gay while contracted to a major promotion. Good for him, it's a brave thing to do, and now possibly others will follow in his footsteps.
    ‚Äč

  2. #2
    Normal Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    157
    Blog Entries
    1
    My thread on this earlier was closed because of my terrible wording but yes its great news to hear that he is this courageous in a work environment like WWE i just hope they don't turn it into some stupid degrading angle



  3. #3
    I was just about to start this thread!
    It's a brave move on his part and I respect that. I hope WWE don't f**k it up and make it part of a storyline though. In fact I hope his position in WWE doesn't change at all. If he gets pushed now just because he's the token gay it will be disingenuous and if he gets buried because of it that's even worse.
    I like Darren Young and PTP and I'd like to see them get the sort of push the Usos have had recently and maybe even get a run with the tag titles. D Young and Titus should both have long careers in the mid card so I hope Darren coming out doesn't spoil that for him.


    Divas to believe in.

  4. #4
    Was Orlando Jordan actually gay? Or was that just another one of Russo's genius ideas in TNA?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

  5. #5
    Normal Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    157
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    Was Orlando Jordan actually gay? Or was that just another one of Russo's genius ideas in TNA?
    He was bisexual i think!



  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I was just about to start this thread!
    It's a brave move on his part and I respect that. I hope WWE don't f**k it up and make it part of a storyline though. In fact I hope his position in WWE doesn't change at all. If he gets pushed now just because he's the token gay it will be disingenuous and if he gets buried because of it that's even worse.
    I like Darren Young and PTP and I'd like to see them get the sort of push the Usos have had recently and maybe even get a run with the tag titles. D Young and Titus should both have long careers in the mid card so I hope Darren coming out doesn't spoil that for him.
    Basically the bolded.
    Who knows what Vince's personal opinion and stance is on gay people? I'd hazard a guess that he's not really an advocate of the concept of gay people (just a guess), but one can only hope that HHH is open minded and that he can be the voice of reason if that it the case.
    I like Darren Young, and I think he's the better half of the PTP as far as everything goes frankly (in-ring ability, mic work etc). I hope the team does get it's due, because they could easily have been pushed towards a tag title run by now. Let's just hope that this brave move doesn't spoil anything for them.

  7. #7
    props to Darren for being honest about his sexuality, and not being afraid to say who he is.

    Good for him.

  8. #8
    Fresh Member Beserker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    81
    That was extremly brave of him.......earned a whole lot of respect for the man......you could tell he was thinking about not saying it but im glad he did great video

  9. #9
    It'll be interesting to see how some of the less tolerant fans will be towards him and the PTP as a whole. What's impressive is that he was willing to say so without any conviction or hesitation, which is commendable for him as a person. This should not be something that becomes dragged into the mainstream of the WWE Universe because I think it might come across as disingenuous at this point. However, if they were to continue the path that All Day is on, allow him to continue getting over on his abilities, it will end up saying more for the company (as well as Darren Young) as they push talent based upon actual talent opposed to the feel that he is being pushed solely due to his sexual preference. I think this blatant boasting of sexual preference is what made the taste of Orland Jordan in TNA so sour. It came off as a publicity stunt, and not his genuine personality (which it might have been for all I know) which is not what any openly gay wrestler should ever be used as.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how some of the less tolerant fans will be towards him and the PTP as a whole. What's impressive is that he was willing to say so without any conviction or hesitation, which is commendable for him as a person. This should not be something that becomes dragged into the mainstream of the WWE Universe because I think it might come across as disingenuous at this point. However, if they were to continue the path that All Day is on, allow him to continue getting over on his abilities, it will end up saying more for the company (as well as Darren Young) as they push talent based upon actual talent opposed to the feel that he is being pushed solely due to his sexual preference. I think this blatant boasting of sexual preference is what made the taste of Orland Jordan in TNA so sour. It came off as a publicity stunt, and not his genuine personality (which it might have been for all I know) which is not what any openly gay wrestler should ever be used as.
    He's Gay, very Brave for coming out, is he the first WWE superstar to come out while still employed? Im sure hes not but I cant think of anyone else.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

    Jessie J has nothing on her


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.