Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Cena

  1. #21
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,680
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    Firstly what is that picture you included? Also yes the best is reserved for the last. But consider this have you ever seen a movie where the lead actor did an ok job but one of the supporting actors stole the movie. Or have you ever seen a movie that wasn't that great overall but one particular actor gave an award winning performance thus making the movie that much better. It like with dolph he says something along the lines of he stole the show.

    If a performer is good then he will shine no matter when his match is and he will steal the show. I don't know if you remember the match with DB taking on multiple matches in one night. (jack swagger, antonio cesaro ryback and I can't remember who else if anyone else at all) but that was a great match. It wouldn't have mattered when it aired. Opening match last match match in the middle. It is what I remember about the show.

    So let Cena have his main event spot. Tear down the house when you get your turn and people will not even remember what the main event was. Its not cena's fault he is doing what he is told and making taking cena off tv or cutting his tv time down is not going to suddenly elevate the next guy nor will he all of a sudden start to build momentum.

    Look at HHH, Rock, HBK, SCSA, Undertaker, Foley ETC ETC all those guys were able to shine without the other taking time off.
    Not necessarily. The year 2000 was the year of Triple H and The Rock. Why? Because Stone Cold Steve Austin was out with an injury and those were allowed to carry the company in his absence with one of the most compelling feuds in WWE history. And speaking of Austin, it can be argued that once he won that title off of HBK at WM 14, he became the undisputed posterboy of the company specifically because he was "unopposed" since HBK retired with his back injury after he dropped the title to Austin. So to say that absence doesn't create opportunity is a bit of a fallacy.


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    Firstly what is that picture you included? Also yes the best is reserved for the last. But consider this have you ever seen a movie where the lead actor did an ok job but one of the supporting actors stole the movie. Or have you ever seen a movie that wasn't that great overall but one particular actor gave an award winning performance thus making the movie that much better. It like with dolph he says something along the lines of he stole the show.

    If a performer is good then he will shine no matter when his match is and he will steal the show. I don't know if you remember the match with DB taking on multiple matches in one night. (jack swagger, antonio cesaro ryback and I can't remember who else if anyone else at all) but that was a great match. It wouldn't have mattered when it aired. Opening match last match match in the middle. It is what I remember about the show.

    So let Cena have his main event spot. Tear down the house when you get your turn and people will not even remember what the main event was. Its not cena's fault he is doing what he is told and making taking cena off tv or cutting his tv time down is not going to suddenly elevate the next guy nor will he all of a sudden start to build momentum.

    Look at HHH, Rock, HBK, SCSA, Undertaker, Foley ETC ETC all those guys were able to shine without the other taking time off.
    An alot is a friendly reminder that there's no such word as "alot". As for the last line of your reply, all the guys you mentioned had extended periods of time off due to injury or storyline, it's part of what helped keep them fresh.


    Divas to believe in.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Not necessarily. The year 2000 was the year of Triple H and The Rock. Why? Because Stone Cold Steve Austin was out with an injury and those were allowed to carry the company in his absence with one of the most compelling feuds in WWE history. And speaking of Austin, it can be argued that once he won that title off of HBK at WM 14, he became the undisputed posterboy of the company specifically because he was "unopposed" since HBK retired with his back injury after he dropped the title to Austin. So to say that absence doesn't create opportunity is a bit of a fallacy.
    I see your point. Yes a person leaving will create an easier opportunity. But if a person (cena) doesn't leave to create that opening then you take it. You go out there and just take it. Look at what Zack Ryder did. He got his self out there. Sure he isn't on tv now but thats only because I think they are retooling him. Something that is only happening because he took his spot he didnt wait for cena to leave.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    An alot is a friendly reminder that there's no such word as "alot". As for the last line of your reply, all the guys you mentioned had extended periods of time off due to injury or storyline, it's part of what helped keep them fresh.
    Thanks for the reminder and yes I agree time off is a GOOD thing. The point I am trying to make is you don't have to wait for Cena to take time off. You can just put on a great match and people will remember that. You can be a star while Cena is still active.

  5. #25
    Totally random but wow I get over 1k views, yet only a handful or responses.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by aweso_me View Post
    Right now, CM Punk is having a feud with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar. He had a feud with Jericho. He's had countless other feuds that didn't have to do with the WWE title.
    Biggest difference is, Punk is no Cena. No matter how much everyone thinks he is or wants him to be...he's not.

  7. #27
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,734
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    Totally random but wow I get over 1k views, yet only a handful or responses.
    Current number online: 300, current members on line (those who can post): 12. Therin lies your discrepancy.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    Totally random but wow I get over 1k views, yet only a handful or responses.

    That's because we're all trying to figure out how to approach this...


    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    Look at what Zack Ryder did. He got his self out there. Sure he isn't on tv now but thats only because I think they are retooling him. Something that is only happening because he took his spot he didnt wait for cena to leave.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  9. #29
    Ahhh the Cena/WWE conversation/arguement...

    There are many things that people don't understand, don't grasp on, don't put away their emotions, and don't look into every aspect about this. Many don't think about it in a business since and make excuses as to why they still watch the show or parts of the show. Saying things like, "The WWE needs to change", "The WWE needs to give others a chance", "Why can't the WWE see that yadda yadda yadda".

    So I ask. If there was a resturaunt that was dirty or that sold food that was fucked up, would you still go there to eat regularly? If you are in a bad relationship or marriage complaining about it everyday to people, by staying with the person you are with you are basically telling everyone that things are not that bad. That is the way they see it, but there are other reasons why they don't always listen to your complaints or take them seriously.

    Many people get tired of things quickly. People read spoilers. People see though most of the predictible things but complain about things that wasn't. When someone else comes along people also say things like, "He is terrible on the mic", but turn around and say "He is great in the ring so why doesn't he get a push?". This is why Vince says things like "You don't know what you want, I know what you want". IMO he isn't saying that to be a part of the show, I think he really feels that.

    I could end this here, but I'm just getting started.

    People say that Cena is stale and needs to change. Well, don't mean to break this to you, but there are MANY in the WWE that are either stale or a joke. The main difference with Cena is that he still is appealing to a fan base out there and has his place. His merchandice still sells, he gets a reaction when he comes out from just about everyone, grown ups STILL take their kids to go see him and sometimes only him! Killing your cash cow is not good for business, especially if you don't have anyone reliable or believeable to take his place for a long period of time.

    Speaking of which. How many times has Cena been WWE champion? 11 times. Who has beaten him for the title? Edge, RVD, Batista, Orton, Sheamus, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio. So out of all of those people 2 aren't there anymore but they are multi-time world champions. Did Edge become WWE champion in the attitude era? RVD messed up himself. People thought that Sheamus getting it was too soon. Many didn't like (still don't like) Del Rio and he can wrestle. Punk was the longest WWE champion in the modern era even longer than Cena and he bitched and cried to get it.

    People say that Cena can't wrestle and that he isn't a "wrestler" when he has had good matches with people such as Taker, Lesnar, HHH, HBK, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Punk and so on.

    People want Cena to go heel and to "shake things up". Well Cena going heel wouldn't be good because there isn't really anyone that is a face that we can take seriously that can take him down. No matter how you look at it. Then there is the fact that he would get CHEERED by some. Can you imagine if it were the grown ups saying "Lets go Cena" and the kids and women saying "Cena sucks"? I know that wouldn't happen, but even if it did then it really wouldn't be different from how it is now. Do you think that going heel will take him away from the title picture? What faces would be able to stand up to a ruthless Cena?

    It's a show. People show up. People are entertained. They don't leave and go to the bathroom at live events when Cena comes out. Not enough people change the channel when Cena comes out. People still react to him instead of being dead silent. His merchandice still sells. Many other faces aren't getting cheered or even taken seriously until recently. So the "stale" arguement doesn't hold up. At the end of the day if you really want change, it starts with YOU.

    No matter what the WWE does people will complain and be pissed. Sometimes they do things just to get a general reaction. If it works they go with it and push it. Ryback could have been the top guy to take Cena's place if it wasn't for Punk and for the "Goldberg" and the "You can't wrestle" chants. Why do you think that Daniel Bryan is getting a shot at Cena? By the way this isn't the first time he got a shot at the WWE title. He had a couple of shots against Punk last year.

    There has been changes and others have been chanpion but it still doesn't satisfy. There are many that complain about the kid fans liking Cena, but forget that they were doing the same things for their favorite wrestlers when they were kids.

    There are just so many contridictions when it comes to people talking negative about Cena and they just speak out of emotion and don't look at the fact that if they would just do certain things then an official change would happen...

  10. #30
    The WWE will decide who the next big face will be. If they wanted JTG could be one of the top stars of the company. Cena rose to the top when there was nobody else and they kept it that way. The WWE has always had trouble creating new stars. They will ride Cena out until he has to retire then they will move onto the next face of the company. They've done it before and will do it again.

    I think Cena is a great guy but he could benefit from time off. They have 5-6 guys that right now could take over as the top guy in the company and many more that could be built to that position.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.