Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cena

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    I was referring more to the point where he was talking about granting a kid a wish earlier in the day, it looked like it actually got to him amd unless you have ever been in that situation you wont know what it's like, from that point yes it was a classic Cena promo but it just felt like he had more emotion in it, which I felt was from earlier in the day.
    Well, that's your opinion and I definitely respect it, but I still disagree. He still uses that in every "strong" promo. He uses that and his outside media appearances every time he needs to be "emotional." Basically he uses it so much in his promos they don't come off as emotional anymore, just rehashed and overused. So, in closing, I don't think it was anything special on his part. It was the same schtick again and I am sure he will wash, rinse, and repeat in his next feud.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post

The problem with Champy Pants is that too often he ends the show. It's the climax of a show that leaves the lasting feeling for the audience. That's why bands save their best/most popular songs for the end of the set, why actors work harder to make the third act of a play great. If the guy in the main event is going through the motions, yet again, over coming the odds, yet again, punching the mat and not his opponent during the five knuckle shuffle, yet again, it gets boring. When the audience gets bored by your main event they go home feeling like the show wasn't as good.
    By mixing things up, making things less predictable and utilising different wrestlers WWE could a) be more entertaining, b) allow superstars to rest and recover (seriously, have you seen Cena's elbow?!), c) allow other talent a chance to shine. That's why he needs time off, that's why Sheamus' injury is a blessing in disguise and why I think Punk and Del Rio need time off too. It's not about changing channel when it's boring, WWE should be doing everything they can to keep as many viewers interested as they can. At the moment they aren't.

When Cena cut his promo on Monday, and failed to understand what "parody" means, he, yet again, tried to position himself as the underdog after saying, "I've stood in for a dozen years...in front of the biggest names this business has to offer...everyone of those matches, Jack, I did it while I was holding this." [raises title] "Please, please think I'm a joke, please think I'm a parody, please think I'm going to waltz into Los Angeles on Sunday, just a shell of a man..." Every damn time, it's the same. "you're good, I'm better, I want you to think I'm shit." and every time he wins it's "I fought, I struggled, I overcame the odds FOR YOU!" Cm Punk said it right, he's a dynasty. But rather than embrace that he insists on this faux man-of-the-people attitude, the guy lives in a mansion with a lift and a walk in closet and a pool with a frickin' water slide! (yes, I'm watching Total Divas) and he makes out that every night he goes out there and puts his body on the line for each and everyone one of the WWE universe, not because he loves the money, not because he enjoys the fame, not because quite frankly he'll never get paid this much doing anything else, but because you believe in him. Because poor little Timmy with cancer will die if he doesn't get a meet and greet with John Cena (how's about paying for some private treatment for Timmy, John?), because the millions and millions of Hulkamaniacs give him the power to overcome those guys who are better in the ring, better on the mic, probably just as able to grant wishes and sell T-shirts but aren't "The Man."

I watched that promo on Monday, and again just now, and it makes me angry. That same symbol of success through mediocrity that we've been seeing since Hogan is still there shitting on the little guy who deserves a lot more respect, a lot more money and much better status. The boys club that is the WWE, that made stars of HHH, Hogan, Cena and Warrior, needs to be broken up. Great wrestlers should be champions not great corporate "yes" men. If Cena took time off it would at least give someone else the chance to reach that brass ring, to take the spotlight for a moment and scream "For Christ's sake we can all do what he does given a chance!" That would make wrestling, as a whole not just WWE, better.
    Yes. Yes. All kinds of yes. This is exactly what I was trying to say. It baffles me that everytime Cena does this same ol' promo, I come on here and see people talking about how awesome and full of emotion the promo was. As if it were different from every promo that came before it. I am right with you on every word in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    If reports are true and Cena takes time off I think it would be for the best, peoples problem is that he is always in the main event title or not, give DB and Orton a chance to hold the company and let Cena go and rest. When he is back dont chuck him straight into the title scene give him a good feud with Curtis Axel or Sandow or even a heel Kofi move him off the title scene and feud with some mid carders to elevate them, hell even give him an IC title run and bring some prestige back to it with a good feud.
    Iv said for months that the IC title needs an orton or cm punk to bring back prestige .. The 1 problem I can't let go with cena is he picks and chooses when he gives a good match

I kinda feel bad for Cena. Im not really sure if its his inability to wrestle or if its what he has been told to do. I watched a shoot interview with Harry Smith and he was saying that WWE told him there were moves that he wasnt allowed to do. So is that whats happening to Cena? Another reason I feel a lil bad for is that he knows theres alot of fans that cant stand him,and not because he is a heel. So when Punk and now Bryan tell him you cant wrestle, your boring, your stale ect. ect. The best he can do is put on that fake smirk and talk about hustle,loyalty, respect and how he busts his ass every night for the fans and make a wish. He really cant say what he wants and should say that is the WWE makes him this way. What else can he do when its clears by his matches that he doesnt wrestle. He cant say fuck you Im still 11 times champion and I live in big ass house got 50 cars.....oh yeah and Im banging a Bella twin BIOTCH, because thats not what the WWE is selling with him. He is the new Hogan and just like all us hulkamanics grew up and stop saying our prayers and eating our vitamins and said this is corny. Maybe Cena fans will do the same

Blog Entries
    I also believe Cena did pull out a decent promo this past Monday night but believe it was due to the quality of his opponent in the promo rather than any "raising of his skills" at this point...DB brought that emotion and finally made me interested in seeing this match...where else could it go? When you have two face wrestlers going at one another where else but to bring out the fire and hunger of the underdog...Cena no matter how much you like to believe your own hype you are never the underdog these days...there might be many who would like to lock you in a dog house sometimes but no...he is this generations Hogan but for Cena he at least seems smarter than Hulk...learning perhaps from his mistakes to better cement his legacy in the WWE for the future...despite what we all might think of his wrestling abilities he has made an impact on the business...who among us could say we would do anything differently if in the same shoes?

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Fresh Member
    my problem with cena is that he cant lose cleanly. he has to be screwed out or seem injured to lose. The rock and cm punk were the only wrestlers I can remember beating him clean. if he lost clean once in awhile it be good for the company, it makes it so predictable cena is going to win or whoever he is facing will get disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    my problem with cena is that he cant lose cleanly. he has to be screwed out or seem injured to lose. The rock and cm punk were the only wrestlers I can remember beating him clean. if he lost clean once in awhile it be good for the company, it makes it so predictable cena is going to win or whoever he is facing will get disqualified.
    You can't fault him for that, he doesn't decide how the matches end, and even if he did he would only be able to do that with the permission of vince mcmahon

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Cena. Im not really sure if its his inability to wrestle or if its what he has been told to do. I watched a shoot interview with Harry Smith and he was saying that WWE told him there were moves that he wasnt allowed to do. So is that whats happening to Cena? Another reason I feel a lil bad for is that he knows theres alot of fans that cant stand him,and not because he is a heel. So when Punk and now Bryan tell him you cant wrestle, your boring, your stale ect. ect. The best he can do is put on that fake smirk and talk about hustle,loyalty, respect and how he busts his ass every night for the fans and make a wish. He really cant say what he wants and should say that is the WWE makes him this way. What else can he do when its clears by his matches that he doesnt wrestle. He cant say fuck you Im still 11 times champion and I live in big ass house got 50 cars.....oh yeah and Im banging a Bella twin BIOTCH, because thats not what the WWE is selling with him. He is the new Hogan and just like all us hulkamanics grew up and stop saying our prayers and eating our vitamins and said this is corny. Maybe Cena fans will do the same
    I made a thread about this awhile back I always felt that their were wrestlers that were not allowed to do certain things. I remember seeing cena do a hurricanrana

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post

The problem with Champy Pants is that too often he ends the show. It's the climax of a show that leaves the lasting feeling for the audience. That's why bands save their best/most popular songs for the end of the set, why actors work harder to make the third act of a play great. If the guy in the main event is going through the motions, yet again, over coming the odds, yet again, punching the mat and not his opponent during the five knuckle shuffle, yet again, it gets boring. When the audience gets bored by your main event they go home feeling like the show wasn't as good.
    By mixing things up, making things less predictable and utilising different wrestlers WWE could a) be more entertaining, b) allow superstars to rest and recover (seriously, have you seen Cena's elbow?!), c) allow other talent a chance to shine. That's why he needs time off, that's why Sheamus' injury is a blessing in disguise and why I think Punk and Del Rio need time off too. It's not about changing channel when it's boring, WWE should be doing everything they can to keep as many viewers interested as they can. At the moment they aren't.

When Cena cut his promo on Monday, and failed to understand what "parody" means, he, yet again, tried to position himself as the underdog after saying, "I've stood in for a dozen years...in front of the biggest names this business has to offer...everyone of those matches, Jack, I did it while I was holding this." [raises title] "Please, please think I'm a joke, please think I'm a parody, please think I'm going to waltz into Los Angeles on Sunday, just a shell of a man..." Every damn time, it's the same. "you're good, I'm better, I want you to think I'm shit." and every time he wins it's "I fought, I struggled, I overcame the odds FOR YOU!" Cm Punk said it right, he's a dynasty. But rather than embrace that he insists on this faux man-of-the-people attitude, the guy lives in a mansion with a lift and a walk in closet and a pool with a frickin' water slide! (yes, I'm watching Total Divas) and he makes out that every night he goes out there and puts his body on the line for each and everyone one of the WWE universe, not because he loves the money, not because he enjoys the fame, not because quite frankly he'll never get paid this much doing anything else, but because you believe in him. Because poor little Timmy with cancer will die if he doesn't get a meet and greet with John Cena (how's about paying for some private treatment for Timmy, John?), because the millions and millions of Hulkamaniacs give him the power to overcome those guys who are better in the ring, better on the mic, probably just as able to grant wishes and sell T-shirts but aren't "The Man."

I watched that promo on Monday, and again just now, and it makes me angry. That same symbol of success through mediocrity that we've been seeing since Hogan is still there shitting on the little guy who deserves a lot more respect, a lot more money and much better status. The boys club that is the WWE, that made stars of HHH, Hogan, Cena and Warrior, needs to be broken up. Great wrestlers should be champions not great corporate "yes" men. If Cena took time off it would at least give someone else the chance to reach that brass ring, to take the spotlight for a moment and scream "For Christ's sake we can all do what he does given a chance!" That would make wrestling, as a whole not just WWE, better.
    Firstly what is that picture you included? Also yes the best is reserved for the last. But consider this have you ever seen a movie where the lead actor did an ok job but one of the supporting actors stole the movie. Or have you ever seen a movie that wasn't that great overall but one particular actor gave an award winning performance thus making the movie that much better. It like with dolph he says something along the lines of he stole the show.

If a performer is good then he will shine no matter when his match is and he will steal the show. I don't know if you remember the match with DB taking on multiple matches in one night. (jack swagger, antonio cesaro ryback and I can't remember who else if anyone else at all) but that was a great match. It wouldn't have mattered when it aired. Opening match last match match in the middle. It is what I remember about the show.

So let Cena have his main event spot. Tear down the house when you get your turn and people will not even remember what the main event was. Its not cena's fault he is doing what he is told and making taking cena off tv or cutting his tv time down is not going to suddenly elevate the next guy nor will he all of a sudden start to build momentum.

Look at HHH, Rock, HBK, SCSA, Undertaker, Foley ETC ETC all those guys were able to shine without the other taking time off.