Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricardo Rodriguez

I like Ricardo Rodriguez. For some reason even though all he really does is announced, I've actually grown to enjoy seeing him on TV every week. And I believe if Del Rio never had Ricardo, then Del Rio would not have lasted. Since I believe Ricardo's announcing basically got Del Rio over. I remember when Ricardo entered the Rumble with his messed up car, I wasn't upset at all. I felt him eliminating Justin Gabriel, and his little dance in the ring was very entertaining, probably one of the most entertaining moments in the whole match. And I believe many in the WWE Universe actually like Ricardo as well. He just has a likable personality, and is actually very funny. He's also a pretty good wrestler as well, and has taken some crazy bumps. (Look at the Punk Vs Miz Vs Del Rio TLC Match when Ricardo fell backwards off the ladder)

After Del Rio's attack on Ricardo on RAW, I felt this is the perfect opportunity to have Ricardo return as a wrestler. This may sound crazy but I feel a feud between Ricardo and Del Rio can be very good for both of them. Ricardo can be the underdog, and I believe he can really get the crowd on his side, and I would have Del Rio continue to beat him down which continue to give him more heat. Eventually Ricardo would get the upset. Or he can return to the roster as El Local.

Whatever they do, I hope to see Ricardo on my TV Screen again in some way. I feel he's funny, and entertaining. And I can see him as a face people can really get behind.

Thoughts on Ricardo Rodriguez? And what would you like to see him do when he returns to TV?

Blog Entries
    Ricardo Rodriguez can go in the ring, for real now. Plus he's pretty damn over with the WWE fans.

I wonder if there's a possibility that we'll see him taking over the comedy role from Santino? I mean Santino's played that role brilliantly well, but he's done it for a while now, surely there becomes a time when it becomes stale and a change is needed? Plus, I think Santino should be rewarded for the years he's spent doing this comedic role, so perhaps something more serious to work with could be that reward. I'd love to see him back as a heel again, since he played that role excellent when he was IC champ.
    Ricardo is very over and likable and given the antics we've already seen from him, then he's have no problem playing this comedy role IMO.

Other ideas for Ricardo I'd say would be to have him manage someone else. Ricardo managing Sin Cara has been mentioned in another thread, and I honestly think that that's not a bad idea, given how Sin Cara's struggling to connect with the audience. I think pairing those 2 up would greatly boost Sin Cara.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Ricardo Rodriguez. Let this man wrestle!

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Ricardo Rodriguez can go in the ring, for real now. Plus he's pretty damn over with the WWE fans.

I wonder if there's a possibility that we'll see him taking over the comedy role from Santino? I mean Santino's played that role brilliantly well, but he's done it for a while now, surely there becomes a time when it becomes stale and a change is needed? Plus, I think Santino should be rewarded for the years he's spent doing this comedic role, so perhaps something more serious to work with could be that reward. I'd love to see him back as a heel again, since he played that role excellent when he was IC champ.
    Ricardo is very over and likable and given the antics we've already seen from him, then he's have no problem playing this comedy role IMO.

Other ideas for Ricardo I'd say would be to have him manage someone else. Ricardo managing Sin Cara has been mentioned in another thread, and I honestly think that that's not a bad idea, given how Sin Cara's struggling to connect with the audience. I think pairing those 2 up would greatly boost Sin Cara.
    I think that would be perfect if WWE doesn't work Ricardo wrestling. It's actually perfect if you think about it. Ricardo can try to help Sin Cara learn spanish, Sin Cara can feud with Del Rio for Ricardo, and I believe Del Rio and Cara can work well together. Ricardo can announce Cara's name which helped Del Rio get over. I think this may be the best thing for Ricardo and Sin Cara.

Blog Entries
    I go with Tommy make Ricardo the comedy wrestler and may be a US championship... n let Santino play something else...Santino also deserves to get more as I feel he's very good in the ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

I like all of this.
    Ricardo is much better in the ring than you'd think for someone his shape (probably why he was suspended for taking fat burners), he's good on the mic, has great mannerisms, is over as a face and able to get over as a heel. The only thing I don't really want to see is El Local, the masked character would lose a lot of the good work that Ricardo has done.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    I want him to feud with Del Rio, and eventually score the underdog victory. Ricardo is the Latino Superstar Vince needs, but apparently not the one he deserves. So instead, he could just hover around the almighty lower midcard. The comedy role would work, but he strikes me more as a Mikey Whipwreck, lovable loser kind of thing. It's Ricardo, so his segments would be gold either way. Also, he needs to announce himself Kennedy style.
    These people didn't come here tonight just to see the Spinaroonie...
    They came here to see... The KANEROONIE!!!

I would want Ricardo to return as a masked superstar and face Del Rio and win the match with a rollup. Then he leave the ring quickly and near the Titantron, take his mask of, and SHOCKER !!! it's Ricardo ! That would be awesome !
    Respect the beard !

no you guys are all wrong he should return and in some way help christian win the title. the following night on raw ricardo will debut as the ring announcer for sin cara in a match against who else del rio.. this way wwe can finally have sin cara be put over and rodriguez would serve as a good mouth peice considering sin cara doesnt speak very good english

Remembering seeing someone suggest that he manage Sin Cara on this forum. Acting as a mouthpiece/translator can't remember who suggested it but all credit to them.