Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

battle of the hypotheticals?

over the last few weeks ive as im sure you all have sting undertaker,sting undertaker,sting undertaker and since last night ive heard rock cena,rock cena,rock cena so heres my question lets say both these happened at this years wrestlemania which match would be bigger?

john cena vs the rock

or

sting vs the undertaker

discuss?

Blog Entries
    That is a really hard question! Assuming they both happen..Ok I'm looking at it this way..I want to see a great match, not only something with the power to draw HUGE. We have been waiting for a match beetween The Undertaker and Sting for 20 years, and a match beetween The Rock and Cena..for well..5, maybe 6 years(I'm counting from when Cena became a huge star, not his Dr of Thuganomics days).

What would draw more people in this age?
    John Cena vs The Rock. This is because kids wouldn't even know who Sting is, but they know The Rock, because he was in WWF/E. Also, The Rock was one of, if not the best part of the Attitude Era, and many fans stopped watching the product when he left. I feel that ever since last night, many old fans of The Rock will start watching again, just to see their hero(its true, people in other forums, Twitter, and Facebook have all said this). Also, Rock vs Cena is the posterboy of the Attitude Era(which most people want back) vs the posterboy of the PG Era(which most people hate), so people will watch to cheer on their hero, and see who is better.

Which match will be better?
    The Undertaker vs Sting. People say that Taker's matches are boring, and that he can hardly move in the ring. Go back and watch his matches from last year. He moves slower in the ring, than in previous years, but he can still do what he could in 2007, 2008. And lets not forget, that Taker never disappoints at Mania. Sting has also slowed down with age, but I think that these two can feed off each other in the match, and make it a classic. Whilst Cena vs The Rock will be punches, kicks, and then both of their 5 moves of doom.

Which match will have a better buildup?
    John Cena vs The Rock. Taker's matches at Mania always have a good backstory, and Taker sucks you in with his supernatural promos. But I think that Cena and Rock can live off stuff that happened in real life, which everyone can relate to. Also, this match can be called, the match with the perhaps the 2 biggest moneymakers in WWE history.

So to answer the question, I believe that its up to personal taste. But I for one, would go with The Undertaker vs Sting, because I have been waiting for this match much longer than John Cena vs The Rock, and I know the wrestling will be better.

What do you think?

The only correct answer is:

Daniel Bryan vs. whoever Daniel Bryan's opponent is.

I believe Cena/Rock would be the better of the two matches. For one thing, this would be a passing of the torch match with two guys who defined their generations, and are still young. That alone can build up a match. And despite that both of them have the Five Moves of Doom, they both have a larger move list that could be brought out to really make the match special. This would be like when the Rock faced Hulk Hogan, only better.

Sting and Taker would be a dream match, but this needs to be built properly. For starters, you have a month to build up a match between them. Sting was an Icon in WCW but that was long ago. The effect of him being in a match has diminished overtime. As mentioned, younger fans wouldn't know who he is so they wouldn't care like the Rock (who is still known to them thanks to being a Movie star). Also, to follow up two Taker/HBK Wrestlemania matches I don't see it living up to. This (if it does happen) should be reserved to after Wrestlemania, while Sting has his first match at Wrestlemania against a different wrestler.

I say (if it does happen) save this for Summerslam. It would give the idea of Sting actually having a chance at winning.

Blog Entries
    I would like this to become a poll..and get more people's opinions on this. Its really quite interesting.

Blog Entries
    Can I have both matches, PLEASE?

Blog Entries
    If The Rock and John Cena have a match at wrestlemania, I might hitch hike to Hotlanta and scalp tickets. That match will be more electrifying than Hogan vs Rock! The roof will literally collapse, ala Minnesota, when The Rock lines up for a People's Elbow and instead eats a major F-U. Nothing against Bryan or Taker/Sting, but that sheer charisma flowing from the ring during that match, and the possibility for ring psychology is absolutely limitless. Unless the match just bombs.

Note to guys: If it happens, take a hot girl. That match will guarantee to turn on the girl something fierce.
    D.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    I believe Cena/Rock would be the better of the two matches. For one thing, this would be a passing of the torch match with two guys who defined their generations, and are still young. That alone can build up a match. And despite that both of them have the Five Moves of Doom, they both have a larger move list that could be brought out to really make the match special. This would be like when the Rock faced Hulk Hogan, only better..
    Yep, gotta agree with ya. Hogan has/had less moves than either one- but he was wayyyy over in that match. Cena/Rock- thats about the only way I see Cena headlining WM- so its gonna happen because he is WWEs go to guy. And I would actually be ok with that because would actually be a special match

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    The only correct answer is:

Daniel Bryan vs. whoever Daniel Bryan's opponent is.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    Yep, gotta agree with ya. Hogan has/had less moves than either one- but he was wayyyy over in that match. Cena/Rock- thats about the only way I see Cena headlining WM- so its gonna happen because he is WWEs go to guy. And I would actually be ok with that because would actually be a special match
    Since this thread is about hypotheticals, if Cena faces the Rock, then who will face The Miz if Miz is still WWE champ?