Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another ECW invasion.

This may sound awful to some people, but I've begun to think about all the different ways this CM Punk Vs Heyman feud can go. One of them being, is having Paul Heyman hire some of his old ECW guys to try and take out CM Punk. Eventually CM Punk could finally get to Paul Heyman, but then you can have RVD attack CM Punk. Claiming to be the orginal Paul Heyman guy, this can be a huge match at Survivor Series. I believe if built correctly fans will be behind this feud, and RVD wouldn't have to stay heel forever. You can easily have RVD shake hands with Punk after a great match. If done correctly Heyman can bring in guys like Tommy Dreamer, or Sabu, which can bring a little extra excitement, and give some fans something to look forward to each week.

Thoughts?

Oh I'm not saying I want this to be a permanent thing, I just think a few matches, and a few run-in. Also ECW has a new DVD for sale, so I could see WWE doing something to help raise the sales of that as well.

As an ECW fan I really like this idea. I loved back in 2006 when the did all the ECW stuff to promote One Night Stand. I really wasn't a big fan of the new ECW. Vince pretty much killed it but what you have sounds pretty cool. I'm just not sure RVD is going to be hanging around that long with rumors he may be out after Battleground in October.
    2011 Prediction Contest: 4th, 2012 Prediction Contest: 11th, 2013 Prediction Contest: 4th

No. Anyone who was good in ECW is either with WWE, TNA or had the sense to retire by now. When TNA did Hardcore Justice with Ev 2.0 it wasn't good. So besides Dreamer and Sabu, who is a liability, who could they bring in?

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    No. Anyone who was good in ECW is either with WWE, TNA or had the sense to retire by now. When TNA did Hardcore Justice with Ev 2.0 it wasn't good. So besides Dreamer and Sabu, who is a liability, who could they bring in?
    Good question, I would say Rhyno if he wasn't in ROH.

Why would you follow up brock lesner and Punk, with anybody from ecw? other than RVD no one can work a decent match with the guy. And personally I think its too late for an ecw invasion. ship has sailed. Rhyno is a good call if anyone. But its not something I'd ever want to see.

Wouldn't mind a few showings of a few ECW guys in runs during matches, but not as a long term.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Honestly, I think you are looking at it wrong, almost like you are trying to compare TNA's buying power to WWE, when that just isn't the case WWE has legends contracts on most of the old WCW and ECW Talent, excepting the guys currently in TNA, I don't see anyone they couldn't pay enough to show up for a few matches over a month or two.

That being said, not sure that there are enough ECW guys in decent enough physical shape to pull it off. we're talking about a promotion that peaked almost 15 years ago, not to mention just the sheer physical toll of what they were doing, even if they could get the biggest names of ECW (Which they could easily) most of those matches would be Punk having to carry the show while his opponent hides just how blown out he is, that's just not a match I care to see.

I do however, really want a good Punk/RVD feud, if anyone can break RVD out of his routine and force him to stop resting on his past glory, it will be Punk, and the two of them could have awesome matches if and when RVD is forced to step back up and show why he has the cult following he does today.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    The only ECW guys that can still go to a decent standard are Rhyno, Dreamer and RVD. Sabu can still put on a match when he shows up, but with his unpredictability, then he's a major risk. Rhyno's with ROH, and Dreamer I think is working behind the scenes in WWE (?).
    So with that in mind, then I'm not so sure on this idea.

I think it would be a nice idea for a Team Heyman vs Team Punk match at Survivor Series, like an extreme rules elimination match with an ECW team vs a team assembled by Punk. I think a one off match like that would be nice to see, and I think there's enough ECW guys in good enough shape to pull off a match like that.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Silly as my idea may sound, I think it would be awesome if the Heyman feud ended at Mania due to WWE's long term thing they have going now. With that in mind, Stone Cold is sort of a Paul Heyman guy if you look at it, so after the Lesnar stuff, Austin could come in at Mania and work with Punk. Like I said, silly, but possible.