Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Favorite Newcomer in the last two years

Simple thread.

Which wrestler has impressed you the most, that has made his debut in the last two years in WWE. Also you can put a wrestler who has re-debuted with a new gimmick if you like.

It was a hard decision for me considering all the new debuts occurring in the last two years. With The Shield, Cesaro, Ryback, Cesaro, and Sandow all having been very impressive.

But for some reason I would have to go with Fandango. Reason being I have never seen a wrestler come in with such hate before there debut, but I was actually interested in seeing where Johnny Curtis would take the gimmick. The first few weeks he did not compete at all which got a lot of people pissed off, believing he could not wrestle. But I loved it, I felt this was a perfect way for Fandango to gain heat for his character. But I wasn't expecting for Fandango's first match to be against Jericho at WM. I was worried that if Fandango had a bad match at WM, that the fans would never accept him. But I believe him and Jericho had a great match. I remember when Fandango climbed to the top rope to his legdrop and all the fans stood up, I felt at the moment that Fandango had potential to truly be a superstar. Fandango would then the night after taking a beating from Y2J, and after the beating was done, I remember Fandango saying his catchphrase and the crowd cheering and applauding Fandango for the beating he took. Fandango would then impress me again in the Money in the Bank Ladder match, with me feeling he was the stand out in the match apart from Cody. I loved the sunset flip-powerbomb he did, which reminded me of Eddie. Then most recently Fandango would have good matches with both Orton and CM Punk, and I hope Fandango will win a mid-card title in the future. But for right now I'm greatly enjoying fandango, and I hope to see him continue to improve, and hopefully become one of the top heels in the company.

Sidenote:

Damien Sandow is my 2nd favorite newcomer, with Ryback and Cesaro tied for 3rd.

Blog Entries
    Probably going to have to go with Antonio Cesaro. This guy can seriously go and can incorporate different styles that mesh with certain opponents. I can't say he's the best talker but he's good enough to sound believable. Coming in at a close second is Bray Wyatt and third would have to be Dean Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Probably going to have to go with Antonio Cesaro. This guy can seriously go and can incorporate different styles that mesh with certain opponents. I can't say he's the best talker but he's good enough to sound believable. Coming in at a close second is Bray Wyatt and third would have to be Dean Ambrose.
    I have enjoyed all those wrestlers. But I'm more of a Seth Rollins fan than Dean Ambrose. But I like Dean Ambrose to. Some people are actually hating on Bray Wyatt already, but I haven't found a reason to dislike him yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I have enjoyed all those wrestlers. But I'm more of a Seth Rollins fan than Dean Ambrose. But I like Dean Ambrose to. Some people are actually hating on Bray Wyatt already, but I haven't found a reason to dislike him yet.
    I see where they're coming from. though. We've been oversaturated with promo after promo for what felt lie months only for the Wyatt's to debut in a pretty underwhelming fashion sans the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I see where they're coming from. though. We've been oversaturated with promo after promo for what felt lie months only for the Wyatt's to debut in a pretty underwhelming fashion sans the entrance.
    No lie few things ever bother me, but I seriously hate the fact the lamp is electronic, yet he still blows it out as if it's lit with a flame. I don't know, I usually a let a lot of stuff slide, but to see that every week just annoys me.

First off, great topic man.

I'm torn, but I'll say my favorite is Fandango - and NOT Fandango the character. I'm so impressed by the charisma and confidence in which Johnny Curts portrays such an outrageous character. If he didn't have a such a massive personality, this gimmick would've bombed in the first week. He's also got the look, mic skills, and ring chops of a future main eventer (check out a recent Smackdown vs Punk). He can be intense, funny, cocky, and outright ridiculous.

My second favorite is Seth Rollins. Ambrose is cool as hell, but there's something about his in-ring style that isn't appealing to me. Rollins is just super athletic, his look is unique, and his mic skills have been solid since Day 1. He needs a better finisher.

Lastly, Bray Wyatt has impressed - but I can't put him on the list without seeing him wrestle a match on the main roster. His mic skills are AWESOME. Whatever that IT factor is, he's got IT.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Damien Sandow FTW!!

Blog Entries
    Juan Cena. What ever happened to that guy? Should've been a multi time champ already.

For reals: Antonio Cesaro number 1, Seth Rollins number 2, Paige number 3. I'm really interested to see where the diva's are going. There is some talent, and there are good trainers.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

It has to be Brad Maddox, who ever says otherwise is lying.

The fandango hype has died down. He sucks