0 0%
  • Chris Sabin vs Manik

3 25.00%
  • Austin Aries vs AJ Styles

9 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Impact Wrestling Match of the 8-1-13

What was the match of the night for Impact on August 1???
    5 great matches... IMO so what is yours??
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I had to go AJ/Aries. Manik/Sabin was a CLOSE second and probably would have won out if this had been where you'd figure the WHC match to be, but Aries and AJ was a match I was just more into. Aries set it off at the top of the show and pointed out that this match was a dream for many of us (I loved how Aries said that AJ carried TNA the first 10 years and Aries will carry it the next 10). They pushed that this was the "first time on Impact television". The back and forth inside the ring was great and my only setback was the finish. Personally, I'd rather they did it like they did with AJ/Joe at the first of the BFG Series and had a draw from a double pinfall, but the final 3 seconds didn't fully damage how great the first 15+ mins were. IF there is a chance for a rematch of this at BFG, it'd only sweeten the deal to make me buy BFG this year.

I know many have complained about the un masking of Suicide/Manik/Perkins and the fact that they keep showing him without the hood, but I am loving the potential direction for how they could take this. Perkins comes off as Peter Parker to Manik's Spiderman and it works very well. What I find even more interesting is that my kids are fully behind Manik (my 2 year old even does the kneel/hands over head pose when playing with his brother and sisters) and I'm wondering when TNA is going to push some merch for him. Random thought, but my point was that the Manik/Sabin match was back and forth between the two and Sabin/Perkins have nice chemistry in the ring.

Honorable mention for Parks/Bradley. Yes, it was a comedy match, but it was done well. I wonder if the SideWalk Slam is Park's new finisher, "twerking"?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Went with AJ vs Aries myself..... might be the best 2 pound for pound in TNA!!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Went with AJ vs Aries myself..... might be the best 2 pound for pound in TNA!!!!
    For once I actually agree with you. Styles and Aries, MOSTLY Styles, have grasped my interest as of late.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamModest

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    For once I actually agree with you. Styles and Aries, MOSTLY Styles, have grasped my interest as of late.

Same for me; I am not behind the "all about the cash" comments from Styles, but I like the "No more heroes" and "I'll make your dreams become nightmares" aspects of his promos. They are short and simple, but play well into the story in the ring. It's especially interesting when he add old school AJ moves into his new, more viscous move set. It's hard to not applaud AJ when you see moves like his dropkick or Pele kick, but the "darker" side comes out also with moves like the suplex into the turnbuckle and the Calf Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Something that rarely happens someone agreeing .... esp on here or so it seems.... but thanks....

Blog Entries
    I went with Sabin vs Manik..I loved the whole match and I'm loving Manik...

AA vs Aj is one of my dream matches...they had a great match except for its finish....if they might have finished teh match in a draw, I would have voted for the match...

Blog Entries
    I know many have complained about the un masking of Suicide/Manik/Perkins and the fact that they keep showing him without the hood, but I am loving the potential direction for how they could take this. Perkins comes off as Peter Parker to Manik's Spiderman and it works very well. What I find even more interesting is that my kids are fully behind Manik (my 2 year old even does the kneel/hands over head pose when playing with his brother and sisters) and I'm wondering when TNA is going to push some merch for him.
    I totally agree with you perkins is playing the character manik very well....n TNA should release his merch...even my 5yrs old nephew is liking him....

Blog Entries
    Same for me; I am not behind the "all about the cash" comments from Styles, but I like the "No more heroes" and "I'll make your dreams become nightmares" aspects of his promos. They are short and simple, but play well into the story in the ring. It's especially interesting when he add old school AJ moves into his new, more viscous move set. It's hard to not applaud AJ when you see moves like his dropkick or Pele kick, but the "darker" side comes out also with moves like the suplex into the turnbuckle and the Calf Killer.
    I'm liking his "NO MORE HEROES" aspect..he's not a great talker like Aeries or Roode but he definitely plays his role well n his dark promos are really good..n yes I agree with you..he should mix his old n new moves..his pele kick is one of my favorite moves...

Styles vs. Aries was a dream match of mine so obviously the winner.

Close second was Sabin vs. Manik.