Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage3:16 View Post
    Modern day wrestling is filled with TNhAters and ROHaters. Not to mention the MMhAters who can't handle how UFC are eating chunks out of WWE's PPV buyrates
    You left out the WWE haters, or are they also immune to having haters?
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

I used the impact zone as an example as that was what they called there arena, but as a sell out attraction they just have not got it, i stated some very good wrestlers they have but no star that can take them higher which is why i think they bring in older guys
    Hawow welcome to city wok take ur order pwease

shitt spent time smoking weed am nervous

pass the ball to pagey hes on his game tonight

Comparing it to ecw is different as ecw would always put on a show that would entertain people that watch wrestling, but if the show they put on was so good i dont think it would bother me as much i know they do have some good matches same as wwe have atleast 2 good matches a week but the difference is with wwe the arena's they perform in always look 5 star where as tna look terrible i just cant get into it, plus the crowds are horrible, obviously if your in love with tna you will always think different but i dont want them to fail as compitition is always good for anything but do i think they are failing at the moment id say yes, this time last year they were putting on a better wrestling product
    Hawow welcome to city wok take ur order pwease

shitt spent time smoking weed am nervous

pass the ball to pagey hes on his game tonight

Sadly as much i like TNA i completely agree with the OP.

The tag division is now dead. Knockouts division is on life support. TV title is on a character that is not active. Meaning no mid card.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage3:16 View Post
    Modern day wrestling is filled with TNhAters and ROHaters. Not to mention the MMhAters who can't handle how UFC are eating chunks out of WWE's PPV buyrates

i can truly say i never seen or heard of a ROHater.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08 View Post
    It's all personal perception. Apparently, you can forgive a lot, if not all, of the crappy booking and storylines -- cause you love the wrestling THAT much. That's fine. However, some of us, including me, are way too bothered and annoyed by a lot of other stuff that our investment into good to great matches isn't good enough to keep me watching. On top of that, TNA truly hasn't had a lot of great matches on their shows anyways. Aries vs. Styles was good and Aries vs. Roode was better. Hardy vs. Aries was alright, not one of my favorites. Even Bully Ray vs. Chris Sabin was kind of lackluster. So I completely understand where Pagey21 is coming from.

Perception – The booking isn’t as “crappy” to me because I see the long term connections and directions for the potential results. Parks joining to search for his brother, becoming a “reluctant” wrestler, acting as if totally talentless, yet demonstrates his “change” when blood comes in to play. It’s a story that has been told for almost 2 years now and while it’s not everyone’s favorite, it is a direction that is adding to the Abyss character. What better way to have a split personality character than to give it to Abyss and for him to play his counterpart so well is an added bonus for me. I liked the split between Foley but was less impressed with his Dude Love character out of them all. Joe Parks is what Foley wanted out of the Dude Love character where Abyss is both Mankind and Cactus Jack in one. I enjoy the long term aspects, where as you enjoy the instant gratification, which is fine. It’s comparable to my enjoyment of a lifelong relationship with my wife that I love and has encompassed the better part of my mature life versus how you’d rather rub one out to the thought of a female on your screen, thus giving you that instant gratification. Don’t worry, you aren’t alone in this because there are many of you who choose the “give me now” mentality against the appreciation of long term story telling.

And yes, I can forgive a lot for the sake of excellent wrestling. I challenge you to test yourself, WD. Can you watch a full NJPW PPV on YouTube? A full 4-hour show that you can understand VERY little to what is being said, and just enjoy the wrestling. This is the passion that I have for the athletic aspect of the wrestling business, whereas I feel you’d fast forward the majority of the PPV because there isn’t enough “sports entertainment” for you as the language barrier is too much to overcome. It’s the difference between being a wrestling fan and a fan of “sports entertainment”. There is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion on this, but let’s not think our opinion to be so high and mighty as to think having other with an opinion similar to your give you the right to slam other with a countering opinion... Especially when those with the countering opinion are giving you the facts of the situation to help your “perception” to see the entire picture; not just that they aren’t doing what you think they HAVE to do in order to please those of your like mindedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagey21 View Post
    Comparing it to ecw is different as ecw would always put on a show that would entertain people that watch wrestling, but if the show they put on was so good i dont think it would bother me as much i know they do have some good matches same as wwe have atleast 2 good matches a week but the difference is with wwe the arena's they perform in always look 5 star where as tna look terrible i just cant get into it, plus the crowds are horrible, obviously if your in love with tna you will always think different but i dont want them to fail as compitition is always good for anything but do i think they are failing at the moment id say yes, this time last year they were putting on a better wrestling product

Firstly, I appreciate your perspective, but let us not glorify something beyond where it should be place. ECW would put on shows that would entertain its set faction of fans. There were just as many detractors of the ECW product when it was alive. Some people didn’t enjoy the hardcore blood aspect, the treatment of females, and the over-the-top storylines they presented. 15-20 years removed from ECW, we have a fond memory of the product, mostly due to fact that it was where VKM pulled his ideas/direction for the WWE product during the MNW. The loyal following they had and their willingness to make a mediocre match seem “bigger” than it was is what gives off this perspective of ECW “always put on a show that would entertain”. It entertained that loyal fan base, but in no way did it entertain ALL wrestling fans.

I see where you are coming from with the idea of the smaller arenas that TNA produces their shows in, but which would you rather have; Bobby Roode with a new contract, or TNA in a major arena that isn’t filled out? TNA doesn’t have a 50+ year fan base to pull from in order to fill out these arenas. Their smart choice is to run smaller venues. If you’d like the crowds to be “better” then the best bet is to actually go to a show when they are in your town and help to make the crowd better.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    hmm...

isn't he not in tna? he is just a guy they give a few 100 bucks to show up every now and again.
    n this..

Dutt would be a good acquisition.

Barretta has also been really good lately. He was recently in New Japan and looked really impressive. TNA has great opportunity to rebuild their X Division.
    Dutt would really be a great acquisition along with Barretta...n they can straight away put Dutt in Title hunt as he has a lot of History in X-Div and TNA....

TNA's biggest problem to me is that they don't have their own version of John Cena. Now I know a lot of the TNA die hards and Cena haters are gonna jump down my throat for that post, but that is what they need to be competitive. Look at the WWE for instance. Do you think they got to the top by having a revolving door of top talent, like TNA does? No they've always had one top guy who was above everyone else. They had Buddy Rogers, Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock, Brock Lesnar, HHH, and now John Cena. Look at WCW as well. When they were at their best they had that "It" guy that both TNA, ROH, and ECW all lack.

Now to cover the TNA die hards and Cena haters saying that isn't what TNA needs. Well you are 100% wrong from the business wrestling sense. You can't argue against a guy who is guaranteed to sell tickets, merchandise, and get mainstream attention for your company. I would love to hear a counter argument to how that is bad?

As for who should fill this role, I don't think anyone on the current TNA roster will be able to fill this role. Please save the butthurt until you read my explanations please. While I love Austin Aries and believe he is one of the greatest wrestlers on the planet today, he is not tall enough to attract the non-die hard wrestling fans. Also his age is something that goes against him as well. I think he would be better served as the temporary replacement like Shawn Micheals and Bret Hart where. As for Magnus while just like Aries I do love me some Magnus, his non-American background will hurt him in the long run to the non-die hard wrestling fans.

As for possible candidates for TNA's "John Cena":

1.) Crimson-I think TNA needs to resign this man ASAP and model him after what WCW tried to do with Goldberg. He has the size, the atheleticism, and the look for TNA to build their company around him. My only worry is his mic skills, but I believe that can be over come with mic training. Plus with his history with TNA it'll be easier for the fans to accept him quicker.

2.) "The Pope"-This man could've been dynamite for TNA if they weren't so stupid in the way they handled him. He was easily one of the best guys they had on the stick, if not the best, and squandered him with stupid feud after stupid feud after stupid feud. The only reason I have him higher on the list than Austin Aries is because of his race, he can appeal to the black demographic, and that he is bigger than Aries. I'll never figure out how TNA could fail with this man so many times.

3.) Magnus-I feel Magnus' most natural fit for TNA is as their top heel or number two face. I can't see him as the top face, and this might be petty, but because of him not being a natural American. The biggest thing about being the top face is connecting with the American audience and I think it'll be a lot harder for Magnus to connect on a national scale.

4.) Austin Aries-This man is pure gold on the mic and amazing in the ring. Again I believe his age and height would make it hard for him to fill the role of being TNA's John Cena. If it wasn't for his height and age he would be number one on my list.

5.) DOC-His mic skills are a little rough, not bad, just not as refined as someone like Aries, Magnus, or "The Pope". However his size and look could make him look like a total bad ass. Sort of like how Diesel was for the WWF.

Well there was my only "problem" with TNA and the solution. Let the hate and butthurt start flowing.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    TNA's biggest problem to me is that they don't have their own version of John Cena.

I won’t disagree with this; TNA needs a #1 guy. They had it with AJ when they were so hot in 2005-2008, but seemed to put their eggs in the Hardy basket and haven’t had a replacement since.

As for Magnus while just like Aries I do love me some Magnus, his non-American background will hurt him in the long run to the non-die hard wrestling fans.

I disagree with this. His “not another American” status could possibly appeal to more fans. TNA has a large amount of deals outside of the USA (another statistic most who wish for “TNA to die” seem to forget) and having a Brit as the face of the company could appeal to many, simply because it isn’t just “another typical American”. Magnus has the look, the age, the skills set, and most importantly for a face of the company, the abilities on the stick. TNA has a solid following in the UK, what better way to pay homage to this by making a Brit the #1 guy in the company; something that the alternate wrestling company has yet to do.

As for possible candidates for TNA's "John Cena":

1.) Crimson

I think Crimson has a solid look to him, but I don’t see him as the face. Sure, he would be a massive appeal to those who are soldiers, but he doesn’t have the “it factor” that is needed to be the focus of a wrestling company. Sure, he could be a top star and I could even see him holding the belt, but not the title as “face of TNA”.

2.) "The Pope"

I like Pope; easily one of the top mic guys that TNA has seen in quite some time. I am all for a Pope return. You’re point about the demographic he could be targeted towards is definitely something that TNA could play to their advantage, but it would take some time for TNA to build Burke to the face position but how long could you ride the 35 year old? He’s the same age as Styles and other TNA originals that I’d rather see in that position. At this point, it’d be easier to place Roode in that position before Burke.

I’ll skip #3 & 4 and go straight to...

5.) DOC-His mic skills are a little rough, not bad, just not as refined as someone like Aries, Magnus, or "The Pope". However his size and look could make him look like a total bad ass. Sort of like how Diesel was for the WWF.

He has the size and in ring ability, but he isn’t what you’d see in a “face of the company”. If you want someone like those you mentioned at the first, you need a “cookie cutter” in someone like The Big O who has that kind of size and look to him. Rob Terry would be an optimal choice if his ring work wasn’t so shit. Hernandez would be great if not for the age. But these are the guys you should be looking towards, not someone such as DOC; even if he has a unique look to him.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I think the problem with TNA at the moment is that they don't seem to be doing very well at making people seem like stars, creating main event talent and keeping them there. You'll have someone like Austin Aries or James Storm holding the world title and then a few months later they're way down the card in some meaningless angle or skit.
    For me, if someone has won the world title they should then be a big time player and when they lose a match, it should mean something. Not a fan of Sabin as champ either, nothing against the man but they could have picked a dozen guys better suited to be put in that role.