Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Angle DWI

Blog Entries
    I think the onus is on his current employer to help out financially over WWE, even with their ex-talent policy in place.

I can't help but think that this is just the usual route taken by celebrities who want to avoid the consequences of their actions - not necessarily to deal with the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    I'm sure Kurt can afford help himself, that is, if he wants help.
    He could, but WWE will send him for free.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think the onus is on his current employer to help out financially over WWE, even with their ex-talent policy in place.

I can't help but think that this is just the usual route taken by celebrities who want to avoid the consequences of their actions - not necessarily to deal with the issue at hand.
    1) I like your signature.

2) That is true. It's just a ploy. "Oh well, he's going to rehab! He's trying to get his life right."
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I like how some say that it's TNA's fault that his life's taken a turn for the worse over the past 6 years or so.

I do think going back to WWE would benefit Angle though. With a stricter policy in place and where your lifestyle is under a constant microscope, I think it would help him stay on the straight and narrow.
    TNA I don't think has a Wellness Policy (?) and as far as I see, when something like this happens, the only support you see is the usual "Get well soon" tweet from Dixie Carter. Pathetic.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I like how some say that it's TNA's fault that his life's taken a turn for the worse over the past 6 years or so.

I do think going back to WWE would benefit Angle though. With a stricter policy in place and where your lifestyle is under a constant microscope, I think it would help him stay on the straight and narrow.
    TNA I don't think has a Wellness Policy (?) and as far as I see, when something like this happens, the only support you see is the usual "Get well soon" tweet from Dixie Carter. Pathetic.
    Although possibly inaccurate, I heard a few years ago when I was on a totally different wrestling site that Kurt Angle was overly dependant on pain subscription pills. Then the next thing everyone knew he was in TNA. His demons were present LONNNNG before Dixie and the gang acquired his talents. Hopefully he fixes his life while he is in rehab.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Although possibly inaccurate, I heard a few years ago when I was on a totally different wrestling site that Kurt Angle was overly dependant on pain subscription pills. Then the next thing everyone knew he was in TNA. His demons were present LONNNNG before Dixie and the gang acquired his talents. Hopefully he fixes his life while he is in rehab.
    Whereas I don't think TNA is to blame for Angle's issues, the signs suggest they are complete and utter enablers when it comes to this issue. Would Jeff Hardy have even been allowed out of the dressing room to work that match with Sting had it been in modern day WWE? I highly doubt it. And so it goes, time and again that TNA is refusing to hold these guys accountable for bringing their company into disrepute. These are the faces of your company Dixie....they need to be acting as if that's something to be respected - otherwise that message will extend free and clear to fans, your investors, your advertisers etc.

Blog Entries
    I think it's well known fact that Kurt's been addicted, or had problems with managing pain killers in the past, possibly since his neck issues? However, I'm of the opinion that he's over that particular problem. I mean would the USA have allowed him to try out for the Olympics if he still had that problem? I don't think so.

Whereas I don't think TNA is to blame for Angle's issues, the signs suggest they are complete and utter enablers when it comes to this issue. Would Jeff Hardy have even been allowed out of the dressing room to work that match with Sting had it been in modern day WWE? I highly doubt it. And so it goes, time and again that TNA is refusing to hold these guys accountable for bringing their company into disrepute. These are the faces of your company Dixie....they need to be acting as if that's something to be respected - otherwise that message will extend free and clear to fans, your investors, your advertisers etc.
    This.
    The message I'm getting is that TNA don't give two hoots about their talents. This expands from the issues with Hardy, Angle etc to paying issues and poor backstage management. It might not actually be the case, but that's how it's coming across. And as long as that's the case, then that's how they'll be perceived.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Solid point! I also noticed that Dixie takes a very 'close friend' approach with her talents which is way different than what Vince McMahon does. While the bond she shares with her talents can be considered positive in some aspects I can also see the negatives. When Jeff screwed up they rewarded him with a redemption storyline push. Then Kurt Angle will probably go unpunished by TNA as well. You would think that TNA would be more on top of their talents. They have a very "Do whatever you want off air" environment it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I think it's well known fact that Kurt's been addicted, or had problems with managing pain killers in the past, possibly since his neck issues? However, I'm of the opinion that he's over that particular problem. I mean would the USA have allowed him to try out for the Olympics if he still had that problem? I don't think so.

This.
    The message I'm getting is that TNA don't give two hoots about their talents. This expands from the issues with Hardy, Angle etc to paying issues and poor backstage management. It might not actually be the case, but that's how it's coming across. And as long as that's the case, then that's how they'll be perceived.
    Well, yeah. Kurt was probably clean enough for the Olympics but he injured himself training I believe. Or was it a cover up for something else? Either way I find it very cool that Kurt Angle is trying to get some help. If he sticks to the rehab plan without pulling an Amy Winehouse (still too soon?) then more power to him. I like seeing people straighten their lives out. See: Jeff & Matt Hardy.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    He could, but WWE will send him for free.
    I hear ya, just figure he's the proud type.

Anyways, I worked at a rehab facility, and it's not like a switch you can just turn off. It can be tough. Painkiller withdrawal can be worse than heroin withdrawal. And it's hard for Kurt bc he will legitimately need them again eventually doing what he does. Alcohol can also be very tricky for someone with Kurt's lifestyle. Very serious stuff that affects so many in this industry as well as the rest of the world.

Blog Entries
    Solid point! I also noticed that Dixie takes a very 'close friend' approach with her talents which is way different than what Vince McMahon does. While the bond she shares with her talents can be considered positive in some aspects I can also see the negatives. When Jeff screwed up they rewarded him with a redemption storyline push. Then Kurt Angle will probably go unpunished by TNA as well. You would think that TNA would be more on top of their talents. They have a very "Do whatever you want off air" environment it seems.

Well, yeah. Kurt was probably clean enough for the Olympics but he injured himself training I believe. Or was it a cover up for something else? Either way I find it very cool that Kurt Angle is trying to get some help. If he sticks to the rehab plan without pulling an Amy Winehouse (still too soon?) then more power to him. I like seeing people straighten their lives out. See: Jeff & Matt Hardy.
    You should never try being "friends" with your kids or the people who work for you. Nothing good ever comes from it