View Poll Results: Which WWE Era is your favorite?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Era(1980-1992)

4 12.12%
  • New Generation Era(1993-1997)

1 3.03%
  • Attitude Era(1997-2002)

10 30.30%
  • Ruthless Aggression Era(2002-2008)

13 39.39%
  • PG Era(2008-)

3 9.09%
  • Other

1 3.03%
  • I can't decide

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Your Favorite Era

I don't really think that there's much for me to say here. Just vote for your favorite era. If you don't see your era up there, then simply vote for "Other". But just so this doesn't turn into a popularity poll, please explain why you feel so fodly about the era you chose. I'll start. For me, it was the Ruthless Aggression era. It seemed like a hybrid between the best aspects Attitude Era and the Golden Era. I say this because the RA era had enough blood/violence to capitalize edgy storylines but it didn't exploit it on the near weekly basis that the AE did and as far as the GE goes, I appreciated how much theatrics and promo cutting carried feuds and made wrestlers into legendary icons and the RA did that too but without so much of the gaudy pageantry. Also, the RA era had better quality matches than any other era IMO because at its height, you had guys like Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit getting a chance to run with the ball time and time again. And it was also a time of change; where the Austin's and Rock's were gone, we now had Edge, Mysterio, Cena, Batista and Orton rise to the occasion. Also, this was when the WWECW was at its peak in terms of entertainment value. Not to mention, we had the Brand Extension.

I went for the Ruthless aggression era too. Mainly because i was too young and didnt watch the AE very consistently. I was obviously also too young/not born for the GE and NG. I watched consistently from late 2002 to 2006/7. I thoroughly enjoyed the product and video recorded it everyweek. I only stopped watching because i no longer could. I then started watching again mid '09 and have watched ever since.

Comparing the two era's i'd stay that the RA era was more entertaining. You had top stars as you mentioned but you also still had the hardcore and cruiserweight titles. There was a decent tag division (the dudleys, la resistance, cade and murdoch, the highlanders etc) and i got to see the likes of Trish and Torrie on my tv every week.

The Ruthless Aggression era also had Johnathan Coachman at his best. Bring back the Coach!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

It was close for me, but I went for the Attitude Era mostly because of Stone Cold. There were some really good matches then too, but looking back, the dirty finishes took away from the era. Ruthless Aggression had better wrestling overall though. It was a VERY tough choice.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

I had to go with The Attitude Era....because there was another wrestling show that was very main stream and true competition. To me, the product was never better than at that time.

Since Punk's worked shoot promo, Ryder's rise (ignore the fall), everyone getting on Twitter, and now Total Divas, I agree with the idea that we have entered a bit of a Reality Era. With social media (Twitter, Tout, etc.), we've been allowed to get closer to the performers behind the characters. The WWE is more than ever, addressing real life concerns - HHH slowly overtaking Vince, characters calling each other their real names, doubts about Bryan's It-factor, and real world happenings (Cena's divorce, Lawlers heart attack, etc.).

I'm really enjoying this era. I find myself more invested than ever, because I'm cheering for the hard-working guys busting their ass to make it in an industry, and not necessarily the character they portray.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Ruthless Aggression era. Whilst I didn't really enjoy the final years of it, I really enjoyed it. Not hard to follow an era like the Attitude era but I'm pretty damn sure most PG era haters would love to go back to that.

Blog Entries
    Went with Ruthless Aggression, for a fan of tag team wrestling it was just amazing, the Divas were on point, storylines made sense and there was a wealth of great talent.

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Ruthless Aggression era. Whilst I didn't really enjoy the final years of it, I really enjoyed it. Not hard to follow an era like the Attitude era but I'm pretty damn sure most PG era haters would love to go back to that.
    I agree. The RA era didn't feel like the WWE has trying to compete with anyone, since they weren't, and it looked like they were just trying to make the product more longlasting and capable of having generation after generation of talent carry the company. That basically means that, if the WWE chose to do so, they could go back to doing this without burning out their creative team since it pretty much looked like the RA's booking followed a simple yet effective formula.

You know what is this era called? I'm sure the WWE are not going to make a DVD called the PG era once it's over lmao.

Golden Era for a Golden Oldie.