Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Hey I'm not saying they weren't wasted calls and they should have been better managed but you have to consider what it's like under that pressure. Sometimes you get it wrong. And maybe Broad isn't exactly a cheat but he is a man with hardly any honour when it comes to fair play. A better man might have stepped up and been a honest about it and walked. But thats his choice, that's cricket. I believe he knew he was out. Don't you?

But I'm actually happy it's not Australia just smashing everyone in cricket anymore. I do wish it wasn't so one sided the other way in the Ashes now but that's just tough luck. It's the way it goes.
    I'm too competitive to ever admit I was out. If anything goes wrong for me in any sport, it's always "The sun was in my eyes", "There was a divot in the ground." It's never my fault.

He definitely knew he was out, but as CT said, Trott wasn't, but he was forced to walk. It's the way it goes unfortunately. And I guarantee if it was Clarke who edged it but stayed in, me, among others, would be calling him every word under the sun.

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind getting rid of reviews altogether, for the same reason I'm not fussed about goal line technology in football (soccer). It makes the game more controversial, there's more talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    I'm too competitive to ever admit I was out. If anything goes wrong for me in any sport, it's always "The sun was in my eyes", "There was a divot in the ground." It's never my fault.

He definitely knew he was out, but as CT said, Trott wasn't, but he was forced to walk. It's the way it goes unfortunately. And I guarantee if it was Clarke who edged it but stayed in, me, among others, would be calling him every word under the sun.

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind getting rid of reviews altogether, for the same reason I'm not fussed about goal line technology in football (soccer). It makes the game more controversial, there's more talking points.

Bolded:
    I never liked the technology coming into cricket from Ball 1. The review system is there to get rid of the obvious mistakes and not contentious decisions.

People seem to forget that
    Israel Pamich
    PWR Superstar
    First and Current PWR Breakout Champion since 17-05-15

Two Of A Kind
    Kid Wonder and 'Mad Dog' Paul Conrad
    PWR Tag Team
    Former AWF, EWA, JBW Triple Crown (Warfare,Mayhem,Showdown) and BWA World Champions

Blog Entries
    In a game like Cricket where the finest margins com in to play all the time, you definitely need technology. Like checking for no balls or run outs that is unclear. Maybe a slight problem with the technology is that it allows the umpire to get lazy where they literally just refer every decision to the 3rd umpire.

Oh wow! This cricket thread is really going to be a thing?!

Assuming this current test series for the worlds smallest trophy in existence ends,
    this shit will all blow over, never to be seen again.

I feel like the Yanks and B-Mac that pop up in the football thread right about now!

Blog Entries
    I think the umpires rely on the technology too much and are lazier and not as sharp as they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think the umpires rely on the technology too much and are lazier and not as sharp as they once were.
    Totally agree, I have seen umpires give nopt out (Mainly on stumpings) and because the players plead they go to third umpire
    Israel Pamich
    PWR Superstar

Two Of A Kind
    PWR Tag Team
    Former AWF, EWA, JBW Triple Crown (Warfare,Mayhem,Showdown) and BWA World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    In a game like Cricket where the finest margins com in to play all the time, you definitely need technology. Like checking for no balls or run outs that is unclear. Maybe a slight problem with the technology is that it allows the umpire to get lazy where they literally just refer every decision to the 3rd umpire.
    I am actually a fan of the No Ball check but it should be done every time (Bar runouts) or none at all
    Israel Pamich
    PWR Superstar

Two Of A Kind
    PWR Tag Team

Black Ninja!
    Cricket isn't a sport we as an australian nation have had a team represent us and play for at least four years...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post

Assuming this current test series for the worlds smallest trophy in existence ends,

I feel like the Yanks and B-Mac that pop up in the football thread right about now!
    My visits to tell you how bad man u and liverpool are at soccer are always wonderful experiences.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post

Trust me, I didn't think this would take off at all. It was just a stab in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    I am actually a fan of the No Ball check but it should be done every time (Bar runouts) or none at all
    Although it would never happen, I would just like to get rid of all technology. Put the third umpire at the non-strike end, so he judges run-outs/no-balls. The 2nd Umpire judging stumping/run-outs, and the Main Umpire judging LBW's/Edges. The referee's will have to be more alert, because they couldn't rely on technology, and if they aren't, bring someone else up to Test Cricket.

That won't happen obviously, but then I'd rather get rid of reviews, but keep the ability for the Main Umpire to go to Third Umpire