Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Don't flub on Alex Wright. Bodom loved that guy.

As I stated in another thread, the costs and logistics of taking a PPV overseas just too far outweigh any potential benefit. However.....I see no reason why they couldn't try doing a Raw or a Smackdown. If WWE were smart about it they could open up international branches/brands and use them like the old regional system used to work.

For example: start with one, like TNA tried doing with Ring Ka King (don't know exactly what happened here). Farm out particular talent to the new "brand", people like Zack Ryder, Mason Ryan, Kassius Ohno, The Miz, Wade Barrett etc - guys that really are just filler at the moment or on the verge of callup. Say it was in Australia, you make someone the "Australian Champion" and have that title recognized by WWE, not necessarily as an international one though. Secure an hourly tv show in Australia, one or two matches from which could be featured on Slam or Main Event or even Raw or SD each week, sort of a "Update from Downunder", like a Raw Rewind.

The benefit of this could be that then we could see someone like Wade Barrett for instance, returning to the main roster after dominating the Australian title scene for a while, he comes back looking strong and he's fresh to audiences who haven't seen him in a while. From my experiences watching wrestling in the "olden days" when guys would move around between the regions, there was always the associated excitement about what they would bring to the table this time and maybe now they'd have the tools to go all the way. You don't get that now. Wrestling is like a caste system now, making it almost impossible to move up once you've been mired down low for so long.

Anyway, if they were gonna do it, that'd be how to. Expensive gamble though - which is why WWE will never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Emma in NXT? You mean the same Emma whose debut was delayed by injury, the Emma who has been barn storming since her debut, the Emma who is massively over with the crowds, the Emma who just made it to the final of the first ever NXT Women's Championship, the Emma who is having to go through developmental like everyone else, be they Chris Hero, El Generico, PAC or Consequences Creed?

Yup she's being properly underused!
    Yep no push for her at all!

It is a massive honour to lose to Paige :P

Quote Originally Posted by XxJPPRxX View Post
    so after a comment by "robstar" on my last blog i realized that wrestling or the Wwe although it has been an international country for years, it is now bigger than ever before in countries like Australia, Japan, South Africa and New Zealand.
    this brings my question,.. .. now ill answer it, personally i think that Japan and Australia are the most underused within the 2 companies, not being bias for my home country but i mean look at Emma in NXT okay shes not like Paige or Trish Stratus but ill put her ahead of woman like, kelly kelly, aksana, the bella twins, bailey (also on nxt), etc.. and not only talking about the wrestlers the markets, ill go as far to say that Australia would be incredibly beneficial to the WWE in gaining a significant amount of money that could help them go a long way in the international markets, imagine a Survivor Series, SummerSlam, Money In The Bank or even Royal Rumble having a ppv event here in Australia, the only problem is the time difference other than that IMO they are sitting on a gold mine.

so ill ask it again what country do you personally think is the most underused or must untapped resource for professional wrestlers or superstars and financial marketing for the WWE or even TNA?
    Major untapped Resource for WWE is definitely India and China. HUGE populations that are basically untouched right now - Although TNA tried venturing into those markets.
    I remember seeing a post on here from an indian commenter who said Khali isn't really known as a wrestler by most people there. Can't remember the posters name though.
    China has just kind of started having WWE there.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    Personally I think England would be the place to start

For a PPV, it won't happen. WWE makes the bulk of their cash in the states, so they wouldn't want to do anything to upset that market by having them stay up that late.

As far as getting some wrestlers from other regions, that would be good. Get them a good sized Japanese star, hope they can repair the damage they did to Sin Cara, maybe give Jinder a mid-card push - and they have Japan, Mexico, and probably India in their pocket. Find a chinese wrestler, make him big, and they can tap into China, if they do a tour there(for the first time, or again - I forget if they did one). If they make Barrett big, then they'll have England as well.

in all, all they have to do is make some relevant wrestlers from each region.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Mexico or South America, Mexico wrestling is like a national sport.. The thing about South America you rarely hear of any promotions, and I think WWE does a week long tour in Brazil and other major countries...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Mexico or South America, Mexico wrestling is like a national sport.. The thing about South America you rarely hear of any promotions, and I think WWE does a week long tour in Brazil and other major countries...
    You have existing promotions down in Mexico and I personally don't think fans would take to the WWE product, especially considering it's an almost 3rd world economy there. You need to go where your product is viable - and affordable to those you're selling it to. And considering tickets to WWE run at an average of $150 when they tour here in Australia(for a house show), then it might be hard to make that work financially. To conquer overseas, as I said, they have to lay down some sort of roots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    For a PPV, it won't happen. WWE makes the bulk of their cash in the states, so they wouldn't want to do anything to upset that market by having them stay up that late.

As far as getting some wrestlers from other regions, that would be good. Get them a good sized Japanese star, hope they can repair the damage they did to Sin Cara, maybe give Jinder a mid-card push - and they have Japan, Mexico, and probably India in their pocket. Find a chinese wrestler, make him big, and they can tap into China, if they do a tour there(for the first time, or again - I forget if they did one). If they make Barrett big, then they'll have England as well.

in all, all they have to do is make some relevant wrestlers from each region.
    pushing a bunch of wrestlers just because they are international? Wouldn't that piss off the fans in the states? I know I don't want to see Jinder and the Great Khali in a main event just so they can get PPV buys in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    pushing a bunch of wrestlers just because they are international? Wouldn't that piss off the fans in the states? I know I don't want to see Jinder and the Great Khali in a main event just so they can get PPV buys in India.
    I don't think it would. They pretty much did it with Rey. Aside from that, they'd still have their American favorites, there would be more main eventers or viable mid carders. It would provide a nice boost overseas since people readily identify with folks similar to them.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Major untapped Resource for WWE is definitely India and China. HUGE populations that are basically untouched right now - Although TNA tried venturing into those markets.
    I remember seeing a post on here from an indian commenter who said Khali isn't really known as a wrestler by most people there. Can't remember the posters name though.
    China has just kind of started having WWE there.
    It was me who told it...people know him as a wrestler in WWE but that never brought new audience to WWE....we attitude era guys are still the WWE fans that's all about Indian market..Cena/Mysterio/Orton are a bit popular other than attitude era traces...