Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Lion View Post
    Why are people saying that Kofi Kingston is stuck in the mid-card?? Kofi has been in the WWE since 2008. Let's compare that to a recent Hall Of Famer & modern-day legend: Edge. Edge began his WWE career in 1998 but didn't win his first WWE Championship until 2006. How'd that work out for him?? I am not implying that Kofi is Edge, but I am paralleling the similarities between them thus far. At this juncture in both of their careers they have been multiple-time Intercontinental & Tag Team champion, & while they have been in a high-profile spot or 2 in their singles careers they have been relegated to the mid-card. I remember Edge debuting & although I liked what I saw out of him, I could not have fathomed him being an eleven-time world champion. All I am saying is that we have not seen what Kofi can do with the stick, with a character tweak, etc. Kofi could be the one the WWE is looking for, after all.
    See but there is a big difference between Edge and Kofi, the era they wrestled in. Back when Edge was wrestling in 98, the Tag Titles and IC Title meant something, thats how you became a main eventer, you had to win those titles first, thats exactly what Edge did. Granted he should've had a World Title reign a lot sooner than he did, but he was a member of one of the greatest Tag Teams in wrestling history I don't think we need to get into that, but just look at who won the IC Title back then and how many of those guys went on to have success as a Main Eventer, guys like Edge, Jericho, Angle, HHH, Stone Cold, even Orton back in 03, theres more than just these guys too (Rock for instance). They all held the title and went on to have success as a Main Eventer.

In this day and age, holding those titles means little to nothing. Kofi has had three less than memorable reigns as tag Champ, four reigns as IC champ, and 3 reigns as US Champ, back when Edge wrestled he would be in the main event by now, but he's not. As others have said he is just a transitional champion for the midcard scene until they find someone better to hold the title.

I'm not here to crap on Kofi, I think hes pretty good, and I would love to see him in the Main Event, but if he hasn't by now I don't see it happening. Comparing Edge and Kofi will only get you so far, but wrestling in different eras, holding those titles means different things, and unfortunately for Kofi it means nothing. Now a days you need to win the Royal Rumble or MiTB Briefcase to become a main eventer, and he has been in so many of those matches yet never won, and nothing tells me that is going to change. Someone mentioned he is a spot monkey, and that is exactly what he is. Thats why I don't see Kofi ever getting out of the midcard, because if he were to be a main eventer it would have happened already.

There are going to be new people coming to take spots, and if they haven't put faith in Kofi to be the top AA star yet, I don't see it happening. I think its either Big E or Xavier Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    What about Percy Watson? Is he still around? He had a good look in NXT - rocked those rimmed glasses - at least seemed like he was trying to make himself stand out. A lot of athletes (particularly NBA stars) are starting to wear rimmed glasses and outrageous (yet pricy) outfits (Russel Westbrook, Lebron, Wade, Durant, etc.). They are cool as hell and they know it. I think Percy could slide into a gimmick like this if treated right. Flashy, trendy, baller athlete. He's only 31 and definitely has the physique Vince and step-son like.
    He has been released

Extremely Lethal (Carbon & Venomous) - EWNCW; IWA
    1X IWA Tag Team Champions

Kofi shows flashes of brilliance when he is allowed to be aggressive. WWE always pulls him back
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Is Ahmed Johnson still around? LOL....Sorry I had to throw that in there.

But if I was to predict if the WWE was to pick from the current stock of talent, they'd go with Big E.

They sure though messed up by disregarding Shelton Benjamin though.

A lot of hand wringing for Kofi Kingston. Sure, the guy is athletic, but if you give him a mic he should probably hand it back to you since he doesn't know what to do with it. He and Justin Gabriel have the same problem, all athletic talent, no personality (or at least no ability to show it).

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Is Ahmed Johnson still around? LOL....Sorry I had to throw that in there.

But if I was to predict if the WWE was to pick from the current stock of talent, they'd go with Big E.

They sure though messed up by disregarding Shelton Benjamin though.
    first off its a known fact Shelton was giving lots of shots but he failed. he never remembered his lines. even he said that.

was just let go this month. he was a bitch in nxt.

people keep bring up when kofi feud with orton. one good feud doesn't make you a star. plus anyone ever stop to think that maybe kofi was getting over at the time is cause orton had a lot of heat. you could have put anyone in there and they would have been over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    people keep bring up when kofi feud with orton. one good feud doesn't make you a star. plus anyone ever stop to think that maybe kofi was getting over at the time is cause orton had a lot of heat. you could have put anyone in there and they would have been over.
    The reason he only had one good feud was because, as was said previous times over and over again, the WWE just won't allow Kofi to run with the ball. That's why none of us has anything else to fall back on as far as "potent main eventer" scenarios go. But even now, even in the midcard, Kofi gets consistently good reactions and even better ones when he's allowed to show off his athleticism like he did during the handstand spot at the Royal Rumble. I'd say as long as the WWE is ready to push him, they should give it a go. And before anyone tries to use the "no mic skills excuse", two words; Bret Hart.

I don't think Kofi having one high-profile feud with Randy Orton a few years back is enough to judge him on, even though I did like his intensity/ruthless aggression. I'm waiting for the day when the 'E smartens up and brings Woods up from NXT...as long as he doesn't throw up in the ring again, I think he will be wonderful as a singles competitor. Also, Im 100% behind bringing Jay Lethal in as well...should've been done sooner tbh.

... DT Porter would be a great babyface.

"Victims.. Aren't we all ?"