Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new day?

If we are going for people with the look and the media skills then we have someone who has already headlined and won at WM, The Miz, Yes his face turn has been poor but thats down to WWE booking and not him, he could easily be the next face of WWE.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    In response to your bold statement, what have you seen from anyone that shows they can carry the company? And if they could, why hasn't it been put into motion yet?

I'll answer for you. Because there is no Cena backup plan. When I say Cena-type...I mean, Cena, Austin, Rock, Hogan. That type of top guy who is that larger than life presence and is the absolute cornerstone of not just the company, but of the industry. That person that even celebrities get excited to see. Read it again my friend. THERE IS NO NEXT JOHN CENA.
    There are other superstars that are built up to be larger than life. I think it's a bit strange to believe that the days of larger than life superstars ends when John Cena retires...
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    There are other superstars that are built up to be larger than life. I think it's a bit strange to believe that the days of larger than life superstars ends when John Cena retires...
    It's also a result of wrestling having already peaked as high as it will ever get. Now, since there's just one real player in WWE, and they are changing the culture of the industry. Soon, there will probably be less and less matches and more and more reality tv drama stuff. it's the direction it's going. It's not CM Punk's fault. It's Daniel Bryan's fault. It's not Dolph Ziggler's fault. It's just how things are in today's wrestling world.

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    If we are going for people with the look and the media skills then we have someone who has already headlined and won at WM, The Miz, Yes his face turn has been poor but thats down to WWE booking and not him, he could easily be the next face of WWE.
    I absolutely agree here. They need to book him to be stronger so the crowd gets behind him. Maybe a sole survivor in a Survivor Series match could kick-start things. Then another strong showing in the Royal Rumble. Give the people a reason to get behind him. He could easily be a great face.

In terms of more young talent getting showcased, yes it appears that day has arrived. In terms of the product being better, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    I ommited the Miz primarily due to the fact that he was an amazing heel, and still is not over enough as a face to be considered any more relevant than the guys on NXT. So, saying the WWE goes forward, I say the Miz should move to a top heel spot

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I absolutely agree here. They need to book him to be stronger so the crowd gets behind him. Maybe a sole survivor in a Survivor Series match could kick-start things. Then another strong showing in the Royal Rumble. Give the people a reason to get behind him. He could easily be a great face.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    I ommited the Miz primarily due to the fact that he was an amazing heel, and still is not over enough as a face to be considered any more relevant than the guys on NXT. So, saying the WWE goes forward, I say the Miz should move to a top heel spot
    He could be the Top face of the company if WWE actually built him that way. They just seem to have given up, having him host Summerslam, what is the point, Miz TV is awful, people wont get behind because tjey have no reason to, give him a 'Punk' style shoot promo where he comes over as a face but really pissed off at his lack of opportunities, they dont have to put him in the title picture but give him a meaningful feud, having Flair 'Pass the torch on' would have been great but obviously Flair had other things on his mind (his sons death) they seem to want to keep him in the spot light but not push him like he should.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

Blog Entries
    I cannot believe people still think Miz is a good option. He's more like a reason for bankruptcy.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

That "really?" thing is really annoying, the Miz does not sound like somebody they want you to back when he says that, he sounds like the guy you really want to punch in the face

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    I cannot believe people still think Miz is a good option. He's more like a reason for bankruptcy.
    Give me one good reason why the Miz isnt a good option other than his poor face run, which again I believe is WWE booking.