Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new day?

A new day?

Is the finally upon us? Is the WWE realizing that they need/crave to push their younger stars beyond the mid-card?

It seems to turn out that way. With the recent push of guys like: Swagger, Ziggler, Ryback, Bryan and now appearantly Rhodes and Sandow, is the WWE headed towards better times?

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Is the finally upon us? Is the WWE realizing that they need/crave to push their younger stars beyond the mid-card?

It seems to turn out that way. With the recent push of guys like: Swagger, Ziggler, Ryback, Bryan and now appearantly Rhodes and Sandow, is the WWE headed towards better times?
    When cena no longer has to have the title within 3 title changes occuring is when that day comes.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    When cena no longer has to have the title within 3 title changes occuring is when that day comes.
    Hardly a fair statement when there was over 500 days an 4 champions (Punk, ADR, Punk again, The Rock) between his most recent runs.
    There has definitely been a noticeable change in the way WWE is booking the mid card and the influx of former indie darlings shows they're breaking away from their WWE-made-men only practices of the past.

Divas to believe in.

Since I watched Cody Rhodes at the MITB PPV I have been very interested in him. I hope they push him toward something great.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

glad they're finally giving them a shot, good to finally see different faces get most of the time

‚Äč
    2013 PPV Prediction contest:
    Payback - 8th
    Money In The Bank - 19th

I do recognize that more younger talent is getting more spotlight time...but to say "headed for better times" is sort of a bold statement. We don't know that any...or all for that matter...of these guys can carry the main event scene into the future. I still don't see the next John Cena in the making. Without that type, they'd be headed for worse times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I do recognize that more younger talent is getting more spotlight time...but to say "headed for better times" is sort of a bold statement. We don't know that any...or all for that matter...of these guys can carry the main event scene into the future. I still don't see the next John Cena in the making. Without that type, they'd be headed for worse times.
    Not a fair assessment, especially in the bold print. Think back to when Cena debuted against Kurt Angle: he had an impressive showing, but could anyone say definitively that they saw the future of the WWE in that kid?? In a word....no. Of course the talent of today can carry the company. So what exactly is the Cena "type" that you refer to??
    I am Rebel Lion. Come, now....I shall set you free!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Lion View Post
    Not a fair assessment, especially in the bold print. Think back to when Cena debuted against Kurt Angle: he had an impressive showing, but could anyone say definitively that they saw the future of the WWE in that kid?? In a word....no. Of course the talent of today can carry the company. So what exactly is the Cena "type" that you refer to??
    In response to your bold statement, what have you seen from anyone that shows they can carry the company? And if they could, why hasn't it been put into motion yet?

I'll answer for you. Because there is no Cena backup plan. When I say Cena-type...I mean, Cena, Austin, Rock, Hogan. That type of top guy who is that larger than life presence and is the absolute cornerstone of not just the company, but of the industry. That person that even celebrities get excited to see. Read it again my friend. THERE IS NO NEXT JOHN CENA.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    In response to your bold statement, what have you seen from anyone that shows they can carry the company? And if they could, why hasn't it been put into motion yet?

I'll answer for you. Because there is no Cena backup plan. When I say Cena-type...I mean, Cena, Austin, Rock, Hogan. That type of top guy who is that larger than life presence and is the absolute cornerstone of not just the company, but of the industry. That person that even celebrities get excited to see. Read it again my friend. THERE IS NO NEXT JOHN CENA.
    Because they never made one, nobody on the current roster is as marketable as Cena as the top guy. Bryan, Punk, etc. are not good media ambassadors because nobody looks at them and sees "wrestler". The one with the closest "top guy" look is Ryback, and but he can't talk like a media ambassador, more like a neanderthal. The "top guy" has to work talk shows, movies, etc. and guys that I can see working that circuit is maybe Ziggler, Otunga (due to connections), Sheamus, and Rhodes. Ziggler has a good build mixed with looks, that works well. Otunga has the media connections, and is basically a cameo on the red carpet more then he is a wrestler. Sheamus has a good "top guy" build, but as more of a temporary solution than a permanent staple in sports entertainment. Rhodes has the looks to be a media darling, but WWE won't pull the plug to make him a star anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    Because they never made one, nobody on the current roster is as marketable as Cena as the top guy. Bryan, Punk, etc. are not good media ambassadors because nobody looks at them and sees "wrestler". The one with the closest "top guy" look is Ryback, and but he can't talk like a media ambassador, more like a neanderthal. The "top guy" has to work talk shows, movies, etc. and guys that I can see working that circuit is maybe Ziggler, Otunga (due to connections), Sheamus, and Rhodes. Ziggler has a good build mixed with looks, that works well. Otunga has the media connections, and is basically a cameo on the red carpet more then he is a wrestler. Sheamus has a good "top guy" build, but as more of a temporary solution than a permanent staple in sports entertainment. Rhodes has the looks to be a media darling, but WWE won't pull the plug to make him a star anytime soon
    My point exactly. They can't create one...either because they don't have the ability, or because the interest in wrestling is so low now, that even the big stars of today, are not at the level of stars past. Either way, I think the other person who said I made an unfair assessment thought I was talking about Cena like he is the greatest wrestler to ever grace a ring which is not the case. I'm saying he's the marketable commodity. And they don't have anyone behind him. And I don't see anyone in the current regime that can be that.