Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

something unique about suicide(character)

I was just thinking about suicide( not manik) and a uniqueness he has that no other wrestler has. it could be the year 3000 and suicide can still be wrestling. He dosent have to retire. Since its just people under a mask, you can just change the person every time. I think its pretty cool. If TNA's still around long suicide can be with them the whole time and dosent have to come up with a retirement speech.

do you think a never ending suicide could work?

A Suicide that never resulted in death?

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Can that ida work? Yes, of course it can (many masked personas in Mexico and Japan follow the same strategy as you explained). Will it work? I doubt it.
    Suicide, or Manik as it is now, seems to be a character than TNA pulls out whenever people want to see it. For example, the initial run with the gimmick was to promote the TNA video game, and everyone was excited to see a masked guy in TNA. then the popularity died down and the gimmick was shelved for a while.
    Now they've brought it back with a new guy portraying the character and people are excited about it (never mind that they have a young and excellent wrestler in the form of TJ Perkins using the gimmick). however, I'll predict that the gimmick will be shelved again in about a year/year and a half's time.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
    I was just thinking about suicide( not manik) and a uniqueness he has that no other wrestler has.
    *Coughcoughtigermaskcoughcough*

Seriously, this can not work. Thanks to the internet, hidden aspects of Wrestlings are public knowledge. We found out about who was under a mask, history of "new" wrestlers, and even knew who was in Aces and Eights before they revealed their faces. If this was the early days of Wrestling, sure. But not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Can that ida work? Yes, of course it can (many masked personas in Mexico and Japan follow the same strategy as you explained). Will it work? I doubt it.
    Suicide, or Manik as it is now, seems to be a character than TNA pulls out whenever people want to see it. For example, the initial run with the gimmick was to promote the TNA video game, and everyone was excited to see a masked guy in TNA. then the popularity died down and the gimmick was shelved for a while.
    Now they've brought it back with a new guy portraying the character and people are excited about it (never mind that they have a young and excellent wrestler in the form of TJ Perkins using the gimmick). however, I'll predict that the gimmick will be shelved again in about a year/year and a half's time.
    But if that cycle continues, then the gimmick can last forever, if people keep wanting it, then maybe they'll keep getting it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    But if that cycle continues, then the gimmick can last forever, if people keep wanting it, then maybe they'll keep getting it
    There will come a time when the gimmick won't be brought back again. that's what I'm saying.

Fun question: Who will die first? Suicide or TNA?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I'll leave this masked gimmick here - DOINK!

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Of cause it could work. They have had a few guys play Suicide so far so I see no reason it cant.
    And it would be much the same as when Mistico a.k.a Sin Cara jumped ship to WWE. CMLL replaced him with Dragon Lee, therefore the Mistico gimmick is still alive and well over in Mexico

It can only work if TNA can make the fans want to get behind Suicide. However I think it will be very hard to get the fans behind Suicide without either A.) him talking or B.) getting him a mouth piece.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    There will come a time when the gimmick won't be brought back again. that's what I'm saying.

Fun question: Who will die first? Suicide or TNA?
    uh...Suicide died a few weeks ago