Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorenson Release

Howdy y'all,

I don't often start threads and I think this might be my first in the TNA section but I was after opinions on the Sorenson release.

Now it is a release that makes sense in many ways, he's not an active member of the roster and it may well be he should be looking for another career, what bugs me is that they used keeping him on as such a heart wrenching good news story last year. He's surely not a big cost save compared to some of the big names they have that don't really add to the product and he'd be like their version of Droz, showing the company is loyal to people that have really bad injuries while working for them. They previously had D-Lo working for them, who was the guy who injured Droz and I do wonder if he was the one speaking up for JS to try and make right with himself.

Anyway what are you thoughts? Callous cost cutting or sensible summer savings?

I honestly think that this was going to happen eventually, but I'll get to that.

Sorensen returned in a backstage role as a marketing rep a while back, I believe this is due to the fact that he doesn't plan to return to the ring anytime soon. It bothers me a lot because I had gotten slightly behind Sorensen before the injury and I was very invested into him when Ion started playing up the fact that he "breaks necks and cashes checks". They had the perfect chance for the return when Ion was holding onto the X belt and I feel the reason that RVD got it at BFG is because Sorensen wasn't planning on coming back anytime soon. It sucks because he and Ion had perhaps the most interesting angle for the X Division and it appeared that we wouldn't be getting that, which was reaffirmed when Zema found out about the Tumor, and confirmed, with this release.

That being said, I think they just happened to place Sorensen in the wrong role, which ended up leading him to this position of being seen as a sacrificial lamb. The marketing team has been virtually non-existent for quite some time for what I have seen about how TNA is promoted (at least when they have come here to Texas; I know nothing about anywhere else). A major complaint coming from many who knew TNA was coming to their city was that there was little to no promotion of the event. This falls on the shoulder of the marketing department, which I think is going to be getting fully revamped; we just heard about this because it was Jesse, a star with a heartwarming redemption story in his back pocket (if he is healthy to return), who was the first name we have heard about being released.

I hated hearing this news, but I can't say I haven't been expecting it since he was first placed in that role. Does anyone know if Sorensen was cleared to begin wrestling? I believe the last I heard is that he was back training before his appearance at Destination X 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    It's a bit of both. Perhaps it became evident he couldn't ever wrestle again. Perhaps he was shit at his backstage job. Either way, TNA is tightening the belt and despite the unfortunate history between Sorenson and TNA, there's always going to be casualties in that. In a perfect world, companies can keep supporting those who have fallen foul for whatever reason - in this case, not specifically or actually the companies fault, what happened is associated risk - but there's only so far a company like TNA can take that.

I think its just a small part of the larger issue with TNA and its financial issues. I am not liking the writing on the wall at this point...
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Interesting how a good amount of the releases were people they invested a lot of time building on. The Sorensen/Ion potential revenge feud that was gonna happen. The Joey Ryan developing Gut Check story. Matt Morgan and his "cleaning Hogan's messes up" story. TNA seems to be fully invested in the A&E story and it hasn't really developed much lately. They got a nice roster, but don't seem to have the patience or overall Know-How to use it efficiently. Jesse from Big Brother and Robbie E haven't been released...and I can't, for the life of me, understand why. I feel they could've done more with Joey Ryan. I feel they could've done more with DOC. I feel they could've done a whole lot more with Morgan. But guys like Robbie E, Jesse, and Rob Terry are still around, and I can't think of anything meaningful for any of these guys to do. So, what gives?

You know the wall of pictures that A&E were throwing darts at? Now Dixie has the darts

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Interesting how a good amount of the releases were people they invested a lot of time building on. The Sorensen/Ion potential revenge feud that was gonna happen. The Joey Ryan developing Gut Check story. Matt Morgan and his "cleaning Hogan's messes up" story. TNA seems to be fully invested in the A&E story and it hasn't really developed much lately. They got a nice roster, but don't seem to have the patience or overall Know-How to use it efficiently. Jesse from Big Brother and Robbie E haven't been released...and I can't, for the life of me, understand why. I feel they could've done more with Joey Ryan. I feel they could've done more with DOC. I feel they could've done a whole lot more with Morgan. But guys like Robbie E, Jesse, and Rob Terry are still around, and I can't think of anything meaningful for any of these guys to do. So, what gives?
    i think Robbie E and Jesse are still there cause they still have to run the firings pass Dixie. Dixie is retard and think oh Jesse was on big brother and Robbie E is base off of jersey shore. She is like I heard those shows were big at one point keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    i think Robbie E and Jesse are still there cause they still have to run the firings pass Dixie. Dixie is retard and think oh Jesse was on big brother and Robbie E is base off of jersey shore. She is like I heard those shows were big at one point keep them.

I think it's more toward the idea that "The List" is one of the better show segments on their YouTube channel, and I honestly don't find them useless. Daniels/Kaz has been a solid comedy tag team, but they have two proven wrestlers. Robbie E has show (some) promise as an annoying character due to his ability to get under the fans skin, but I can't see him as a single star. Same goes for Godderz, who managed to gain some respect for me after seeing improvement in his in-ring ability and that "plate of chops" that Bully served him a while back, making his Pecs look like hand prints. I think TNA would have been smarter to keep Doc/Knux for a tag team to add in the division, but it looked like they were getting towards a Doc turn, so I don't mind having a jobber team like the Bromance to make the division seem a to have a bit more bulk...

As for Rob Terry, I think he can go at any time. I wish they would quit with that experiment. Ryan was a loss, but that was due to not having more plans for Ryan (mixed with the fact that Ryan hasn't been impressive since his promos against TNA/Al Snow). Morgan, as most people seem to forget, asked for his release; I don't blame TNA for Morgan aspiring to either be with his family or try the WWE route again.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Terry needs to be next to go but it seems like Hogan has man love for him. Jesse could either stay or go it would make little difference. Robbie E would be a loss if released.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    Howdy y'all,

I don't often start threads and I think this might be my first in the TNA section but I was after opinions on the Sorenson release.

Now it is a release that makes sense in many ways, he's not an active member of the roster and it may well be he should be looking for another career, what bugs me is that they used keeping him on as such a heart wrenching good news story last year. He's surely not a big cost save compared to some of the big names they have that don't really add to the product and he'd be like their version of Droz, showing the company is loyal to people that have really bad injuries while working for them. They previously had D-Lo working for them, who was the guy who injured Droz and I do wonder if he was the one speaking up for JS to try and make right with himself.

Anyway what are you thoughts? Callous cost cutting or sensible summer savings?
    Sad to see him lose his job, but it a much needed cut..... I seen where it being compared to how the WWE released Andrew "Test" Martin!!!!
    Next cut Rob Terry!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???