WWE Battleground

It's been a while since I made a thread. But I'm back! (gets a cheap pop from the crowd).
    So I have been hearing some rumors and have also read some news about WWE's newest PPV, also replacing Over The Limit which was supposed to take place in October. Now as we all know, Hell in a Cell is typically held in October annually and with this is in mind I wonder what the concept will be.

The name Battleground has somewhat of a team vs team main event match feel. If you read this: http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-battlegr...-politics-more
    There is some news about it there. I believe that this whole McMahon family story could have some payoff come October. I am of course speculating at this stage. However, It's interesting to anticipate and see where the E could possibly go. Maybe we see a Raw vs Smackdown type of match, though that seems unlikely because of the brand split being over and all. Could you see a face vs heel team maybe one team representing Vince McMahon and one Triple H.

Team Triple H will have 5 faces possibly involving some big names. Vince would have 5 heels representing him. Battleground sounds like a name where they chose it purposely, maybe hinting at some sort of team vs team match. Anyway please sound off your thoughts below!

Probably won't happen but this could be a way to bring war games back

I actually could see this being involved in the mcmahon family feud, through a Raw vs. Smackdown match. Raw is obviously Triple H's side as he supports Maddox and Vince takes Smackdown's side as he helps Vickie.
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

RAW vs SD yes
    RAW, Triple H
    SD, Vince

make sense
    Respect the beard !

Quote Originally Posted by jonsimpson93 View Post
    Probably won't happen but this could be a way to bring war games back
    you might be right, remember they were doing some heavy promo work for Classics on Demand in June for the oldschool Wargames in WCW, and I know some of older fans have been quietly desiring the return of Wargames, they may of used that as a test to see what type of response they got through Classics. This would also tie in very well with the prior posts thinking about a McMahon Raw vs Smackdown type match too
    Diamond Dallas Page: The TRUE Peoples Champion

CM Punk: YOU HAVE A VAGINA, YOU HAVE A VAGINA!!!!!!!

war games isn't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    RAW vs SD yes
    RAW, Triple H
    SD, Vince

make sense
    Yeah i agree it has been setup that way so it is a possibility.

Battleground

any thoughts on what concept might be involved?

I'm hoping armageddon in a cell type match

Hopeing they'll expand some stables in the next month

BATTLEGROUNDS will be a regular ppv with the main event being no ring. Yes, I said no ring .

they will take the ring out and do battle with the wwe champ and world champ as leaders of there respective 4 man team. And they will choose there partners thru who ever wins matches leading up to the ppv.

The match will be on ground level , where the ring was placed.no dq involved and everything is a go.

Thats what my sources told me

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

It's gonna be a PPV with no gimmick match involved, like Over The Limit.