View Poll Results: One Night Only Events - Which would you choose to watch?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • TNA Nostalgia

6 35.29%
  • X Cup

10 58.82%
  • King of the Ring

3 17.65%
  • Feast or Fired

5 29.41%
  • Past meets Present

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Member

One Night Only Ideas

So we have already had a couple of 'One Night Only' events such as the Hardcore Justice and the Wildcard Tag Team ones. What other One Night Only events could you see being a popular choice?

My ideas;

One Night Only - Nostalgia;
    This would be an event based solely around some of the names that really represented the TNA Brand from the very beginning - Would be good way to showcase all the home grown talent, a few people that have fallen by the way side could prove that they are over enough to be employed again etc
    Wrestlers would wear their old attires (AJ would wear his shorts/hoody, Daniels out as the fallen angel, Austin Aries as Austin Starr etc)
    Wrestlers would do some of their old moves that they haven't done in awhile
    The 6 sided ring would make a 'ONO' return
    Current heel/face stances would be ignored.
    Possible matches being AJ Styles vs James Storm (if AJ is champion so they can headline with 2 men who have been there from day 1) or AJ/Daniels/Joe, Beer Money vs MCMG, Petey/Dutt/Low-Ki, Americas most Wanted vs Triple X, Angle vs Joe, Amazing Kong vs Gail, Abyss vs Rhyno etc

One Night Only - X Cup
    TNA invited teams from Mexico/Japan/International and they have a tournament of singles/tag teams/battle royals etc
    Wrestlers could be invited from other organisations
    Would give the audience wrestling styles/moves that they haven't seen in awhile
    Could be all X Division type stars OR could have it so all teams have a mixture of heavyweights/super heavyweights/X and Knockout?

One Night Only - King of the Ring
    Obviously named something different but basically the same concept of a knock out tournament
    Winner gets number 1 contendership for ...Lockdown?

One Night Only - Feast or Fired
    Return of the Feast or Fired match - Have qualifying matches leading to a main event of a Feast or Fired match where you have contracts for World/Tag/X Division matches and the dreaded pink slip
    Technically the wrestler who gets the pink slip doesn't have to be fired, they could use this as a way to write off a character who needs time off and a bit of a gimmick change for their return

One Night Only - Past meets Present
    Similar to the Nostalgia event but this time you have a wrestler(s) from the past vs current stars
    Main Event - Battle Royal where winner gets a Title shot (present) or a contract (Past)
    Returns of Monty Brown /Triple X/Low-Ki/Jimmy Rave/Raven/Rhyno

How many of these would you like to see as a one off event? Which is your favourite or do you have other ideas?

Blog Entries
    I would love to have nostalgia...I want to see AMW vs Team Canada vs LAX; then, Sharkboy vs Curryman vs Amazing red....

TNA Nostalgia for me i am watching all the TNA Weekly ppvs atm and they are fantastic Lowki vs. Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles Ladder match was unbelievable.

Sonny Siaki was fantastic. Amazing Red and the SATs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    TNA Nostalgia for me i am watching all the TNA Weekly ppvs atm and they are fantastic Lowki vs. Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles Ladder match was unbelievable.

Sonny Siaki was fantastic. Amazing Red and the SATs.

I was a big fan of his; loved the Siacalypse Now.

To the OP, the only one of these I'd care to see is the return of the X-Cup. It was such a great concept and I loved it. I've been a fan of inter-promotion angles like when WCW did their similar inter-promotion stuff in the late 80s to early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    All submisson ppv or all fatal 4 ways but if i had to pick thses i go with x cup

Lana the only reason i like Rusev

RTE Creator of
    Graves and Deception, Silas Parker and Blaze Evans ( Amazing Perfection)

IWA creator of
    Dakota Graves ( The New Generation)

SWA creator of
    Aries

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Heath Slater, Leo Kruger & Kevin Thorn ( HellRaisers)

WWE Prediction Contest
    2014 EC 1st

X-cup was one of TNA's biggest draws. Now in my opinion don't sign talent from other known promotions. Instead grab some indy guys from different territories just like back in the days when they used to bring teams from mexico and Japan. Loved to see the unique styles clash with each other.

Personally I would love to see a mixture of X-cup and elimination tournament. Have teams compose of one tag-team, one X-Divison performer and a Knockout. Winners will get a shot at title on their next Pay-per-view or Free-per-view as this will give them some time to come up with a storyline. Making matches 3 way or fatal 4 way depends on how many teams are there, but there should be at least 3 teams. It would make an interesting concept in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I was a big fan of his; loved the Siacalypse Now.

To the OP, the only one of these I'd care to see is the return of the X-Cup. It was such a great concept and I loved it. I've been a fan of inter-promotion angles like when WCW did their similar inter-promotion stuff in the late 80s to early 90s.
    Just read he retired in 2008. He donated a kidney to his dying brother and had to retire.

Big respect for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Just read he retired in 2008. He donated a kidney to his dying brother and had to retire.

Big respect for that!

Yeah man, it was sad. Guy was talented in the ring and I enjoy him on the stick. He and Monty Brown were two guys who I gave all the respect in the world to when they chose to retire from something they truly enjoyed for the sake of someone they truly cared about. Shows quite a bit of character in a person.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Yeah man, it was sad. Guy was talented in the ring and I enjoy him on the stick. He and Monty Brown were two guys who I gave all the respect in the world to when they chose to retire from something they truly enjoyed for the sake of someone they truly cared about. Shows quite a bit of character in a person.
    yes!! Respect and nothing else!!

A good "One Night Only" idea might be a show devoted for only X-Divison starts in only X-Division matches basically a tournament with the last three competitors in a ultimate X match for the X-Division championship!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS