WWE Match Structure mostly TV matches

Hello fellow wrestling fans as I sit here and watch raw I notice many many matches are very similar it starts with the face getting some early offense, then the heel takes over for majority of the match, halfway into the heels offensive flurry he puts the face in a submission like a chin lock then the face is about to escape the hold then the heel will hit him again. After that the heel will put some more offense then puts the face in another submission this time the crowd is cheering the face and he breaks the hold does a comeback then hits a finisher or skips the comeback and hits the finisher for the win. I mostly notice this in tv matches under the 15 minute mark like a main event guy vs a midcard/low midcard guy

Is that just me that notices this trend? Does it take away from the product?

Blog Entries
    Back to back Raws, I expected a mediocre show. Nice start and nice finish but not much in between and no shows galore.

I find the structure to tag matches are always the same too. Thats why i'm not a fan of watching tag team wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    I find the structure to tag matches are always the same too. Thats why i'm not a fan of watching tag team wrestling
    The usual finish one guy knocks himself and an opponent over the rope this distracts someone in the ring ohh a finisher or quick roll up and its off to the pub!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    I only like tag matches when it's elimination or there both in the same ring.

Blog Entries
    Established finishing moves and certain "go to" movesets for wrestlers both hurt and help them...helps in establishing their identity and what they can do...hurts in that eventually makes everyone a little predictable....this is not always a bad thing and leading thus to bad matches but it is largely dependent on what storyline they are involved in and whether you like them or not...one man's RKO is another man's Ace Crusher

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

WWE has always had a similar formula. It's gotten worse though since wrestlers have less creative input into matches and multiple matches are usually scripted by the same few people. The same people figuring out match scripts means they favor certain build ups etc. Gone are the days when two guys were given set spots.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

WWE always has Steel Cage matches on Raw, why not try anything innovative to get more ratings, maybe War Games!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS