Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    don't you think they try?
    No they don't. They fill a good chunk of their TV time with irrelevant shit like recaps or they'll stretch out the other top wrestlers' screen time. I like Daniel Bryan as much as anyone, and he deserves his spot in the main event, but there's no real reason to have him wrestling multiple matches in a single RAW other than to kill time that they would otherwise have to use to showcase someone else.

Personally I think they should just make RAW the show for the big stars and let the midcarders shine on SmackDown.

Blog Entries
    They took away the best thing of the year last year the draft

Lana the only reason i like Rusev

RTE Creator of
    Graves and Deception, Silas Parker and Blaze Evans ( Amazing Perfection)

IWA creator of
    Dakota Graves ( The New Generation)

SWA creator of
    Aries

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Heath Slater, Leo Kruger & Kevin Thorn ( HellRaisers)

WWE Prediction Contest
    2014 EC 1st

WWE would lose millions in ad revenue and sponsorships. Plus, Vince would lose his "longest running weekly show" boner.

In theory it would be nice. Even a month off.

Blog Entries
    If they would ever have a "off season" it would be probably the month of December... of course not a traditional sport off season probably much like TNA did/does pre-tape everything one week before they take it off..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I think if they reinforced the "Brand Split" the WWE could have a storyline "Offseason" in which the Superstars can appear on any brand and the focus is less on titles and instead on other things such as trying to impress the other GM. This could also be a good time to debut new talent and give a certain current superstar a push in which the offseason they are working and preparing for a title shot (when the season begins). You could have the offseason begin immediately following Wrestlemania and culminate at the 2nd PPV that will also double as the WWE Draft putting top superstars against one another for draft picks.

Some of the top names could rotate time off during these couple months and then the following week on Raw and Smackdown everyone will be back in full force and the first PPV following will be MITB. That first week you could have people debut or return. I think it could build intrige and anticipation especially after a big title change at Wrestlemania. How will the new champ reign? Who will change brands? Who will be the first challenger for the champions? All topics to be debated and battled over for the next two weeks. Say Cena is champ and all offseason Daniel Bryan fights with everyone saying he deserves to challenge Cena first. Then draft night bye bye DB to Smackdown. The storylines are endless.

I'm all for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    WWE would lose millions in ad revenue and sponsorships. Plus, Vince would lose his "longest running weekly show" boner.

In theory it would be nice. Even a month off.
    They could Tape Raw and Smackdown and etc in advance....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Wrestling shouldn't have an offseason but individual wrestlers should be given time off every so often to let them rest and get them ready for their next storyline.

The WWE usually doesn't try hard enough to get new wrestlers over, they are very risk averse and they worry about trying to put on a PPV without the same old faces in the main event. This year, SS is one of the gutsiest cards in years. I fully expected Bryan to win MITB and have his feud in smaller PPVs (Night of Champions, Hell in a Cell) while Summer Slam took the lazy route and had Cena vs Orton as the main event.

Props to them for that, but they've still buried Barrett, Cesaro, and Ziggler while keeping old guys like Christian, RVD, Mark Henry and Big Show higher on the card. On top of that, if they don't work the Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow feud, one of them could end up buried as well.