Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what if WWE had an off season

could you imagine if wwe had an off season idk maybe 3 months of no wrestling
    mainly to let the athletes heal and build up the story lines in the offseason
    and then have an awesome comeback show
    Best Gimmick on NXT

Blog Entries
    Can be done without going offline. I always hope - but doubt - that WWE has a creative team in Connecticut that does not travel and is not directly involved in the weekly shows in the sense that they fill the script, but just plans ahead, looking at the place they want to be in a month, six months, a year from now.

I'm not going to chastise them for it. I'm a journalist, worked at a newspaper and magazine, and although we see we're running from headline to headline, we ourselves have no means to free up a fulltimer to just plan ahead. And so we just slog along. Kinda similar. Maybe I should write them a letter, budget proposal and plan
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

I don't think WWE should have a true offseason.

However, WWE should do two things.

1. ) They should get EVERYONE on their roster over with the fans so that one or more stars taking time off won't adversely affect the product. If John Cena is gone, it shouldn't matter because we still have Sheamus, Miz, and Bryan to carry the load. If someone like Kofi is gone, then you start highlighting some other popular midcarders like Zack Ryder, Alex Riley, or Tons of Funk to act in their stead.

2.) There should be a short period of time where WWE does not run house shows and puts their full focus on the TV product. I would like to say the week of Thanksgiving all the way up to the week after New Years Day, the WWE should ONLY do TV tapings. The wrestlers would do RAW on Monday, SmackDown on Tuesday, and go home the rest of the week until the following Monday (or Sunday for PPV).

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post

However, WWE should do two things.

1. ) They should get EVERYONE on their roster over with the fans so that one or more stars taking time off won't adversely affect the product. If John Cena is gone, it shouldn't matter because we still have Sheamus, Miz, and Bryan to carry the load. If someone like Kofi is gone, then you start highlighting some other popular midcarders like Zack Ryder, Alex Riley, or Tons of Funk to act in their stead.

2.) There should be a short period of time where WWE does not run house shows and puts their full focus on the TV product. I would like to say the week of Thanksgiving all the way up to the week after New Years Day, the WWE should ONLY do TV tapings. The wrestlers would do RAW on Monday, SmackDown on Tuesday, and go home the rest of the week until the following Monday (or Sunday for PPV).
    don't you think they try?

If someone like Kofi is gone, then you start highlighting some other popular midcarders like Zack Ryder, Alex Riley, or Tons of Funk to act in their stead.

This comment made me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    This comment made me giggle.
    He said Alex Riley.

Tehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

Because of the story lines I don't think it would work. Once a fued starts you cant just stop it for 3 months then pick right back up.
    You favorite non WWE show on tv has story lines and they have breaks inbetween seasons. But usually when the show comes back on
    it picks right up where they left off. Time is suspended. In the WWE time really passes and even though they can start it back up it wouldn't be the same.

That sounded great in my head I dont think it translated to well from brain to thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    don't you think they try?
    Nope. When was the last time Ay Ry, JTG, Primo and Epico, Hunico, Ryder etc. etc. were even on TV? There's a lot of guys on the roster who are burried to the point of non existance. Guys like Barrett, McIntyre, Christian and Ziggler are all capable of filling the gaps left when Cena, Orton, Punk and Bryan are off but WWE seems cintent to let the languish in the midcard or lower.

Divas to believe in.

INTERESTING, something I have never thought of... I think it could help in the event that until recently when they ended the brand split I think there were too many TV shows and PPV's, some months 2 pay per views so it felt forced. I like the time between Royal Rumble - Mania, then the next few months are slow till SS, then picks up again around Survivor Series/ Royal Rumble again so yes they may be able to do an off season.

But Vince won't.