Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 209
  1. #21
    Okay, you know what I like Cena and HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE'S DOING.

    Is it his fault everyone before him dropped the ball with the main event spotlight? Is it his fault he's the only one who can garner enough attention from the fans to be considered a mega star?

    Honestly, Cena is a damn good worker... it wasn't about the moves they did back in the 90s/80s but it was about how they worked. People like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash.

    Cena walked into the Hammerstein Ballroom and put on the performance of his life in the most hostile environment he'll ever encounter. He didn't just get carried by RVD... Cena looked good and he played the heel role very well.

    Cena is a good worker, he doesn't botch, he knows how to energize the WWE Universe. Congrats.

    Id rather see Cena wrestle than Orton any day. I can't stand Orton. Orton with his 20 min chin lock and his 2 min staredown at you that your suppose to fear because he can get you to sell an RKO out of nowhere... ooo nooo.... Stone Cold wants some money for ripping off his gimmick. Orton is just a freak, and apparently this is the most over he's ever been... so why not put the title on Randy Orton? Whatever...

  2. #22
    As a 26 year old male, I stand here proudly and say that Cena is The Man! Hes not my fav wrestler but I truly respect how he has powered through all the PURE HATRED from hardcore fans and continues to be THE TOP DRAW. Nobody else in WWE makes more in merchandising than he does. I don't even know if thats accurate but feel free to do the research. I know its true. Nobody gets a pop like Cena does. Nobody has that in ring presence that he has. His presence just screams "main event". Again, hes not my fav wrestler but I completely understand why he is the top dog.

    Cena's moveset may seem limited but thats only cause you study the fuck out of it. I can see you clowns now counting off "1, 2!! 3!!! 4!! 5 moves!! Cena you suck".... No, YOU suck. Thats why WWE doesn't care about the hardcore fans opinion. Cause we are TOO opinionated. They make more money from the casual fans that go to the shows, buy the merchandise. Hardcore fans do all the complaining and offer less of the support. I mean REALLY, don't you think WWE would take hardcore fans opinions to heart and make changes if thats where the money was coming from? You cater to the ones that bring the GREEN PAPER WITH THE DEAD PRESIDENTS ON IT. Hardcore fans are the minority in this business. Its the same with most other sports. MMA is the same way. You have all these diehards complaining day in and day out but they are the main ones streaming PPVs and watching fights online instead of buying the product. Put a lid on all that hate. If you don't like Cena then don't watch WWE you whinners.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    As a 26 year old male, I stand here proudly and say that Cena is The Man! Hes not my fav wrestler but I truly respect how he has powered through all the PURE HATRED from hardcore fans and continues to be THE TOP DRAW. Nobody else in WWE makes more in merchandising than he does. I don't even know if thats accurate but feel free to do the research. I know its true. Nobody gets a pop like Cena does. Nobody has that in ring presence that he has. His presence just screams "main event". Again, hes not my fav wrestler but I completely understand why he is the top dog.

    Cena's moveset may seem limited but thats only cause you study the fuck out of it. I can see you clowns now counting off "1, 2!! 3!!! 4!! 5 moves!! Cena you suck".... No, YOU suck. Thats why WWE doesn't care about the hardcore fans opinion. Cause we are TOO opinionated. They make more money from the casual fans that go to the shows, buy the merchandise. Hardcore fans do all the complaining and offer less of the support. I mean REALLY, don't you think WWE would take hardcore fans opinions to heart and make changes if thats where the money was coming from? You cater to the ones that bring the GREEN PAPER WITH THE DEAD PRESIDENTS ON IT. Hardcore fans are the minority in this business. Its the same with most other sports. MMA is the same way. You have all these diehards complaining day in and day out but they are the main ones streaming PPVs and watching fights online instead of buying the product. Put a lid on all that hate. If you don't like Cena then don't watch WWE you whinners.
    I'd have to agree. He is not my favorite either but the man is obviously the man in the business today. His merchandising is out of the roof. His work with Make A Wish Foundation is off the charts. The amount of time he donates personal time to fans is tremendous. He obviously has towork his ass off just to keep in the shape he is in. He talks like a regular guy and a lot of people look at him like he is blue collar which he kind of really is. Not my favorite but I gotta respect him as the the man.

  4. #24
    Normal Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    131
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm not a huge Cena fan but I do enjoy watching him. He can do the serious PO'ed stuff, the goofy stuff with DX, and throw in his owns ribs for good measure. I agree that he is WAY over analyzed. I have been watching wrestling for over 30 years and it goes in cycles. Everyone campares Cena to Hogan (which is fair) but do you remember when he WRESTLED Kurt Angle during the gold medal challenge? He can hold his own on the mat but that isn't the direction of the character. He's not the only one who miraculously recovers either. Watch TNA and see how no one sells a move for long. Also, think of the "great" Ric Flair. When was the last time his move set changed? Hom many top stars did he beat after getting the crap kicked out of him for 50 minutes of the match? Think about, most top stars follow this format because it works. I will say that I do really enjoy reading these posts. It is great that we are all fans and passionate about the guys we love and hate.
    Ariba!

  5. #25
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,111
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdawg08 View Post
    Honestly, Cena is a damn good worker... it wasn't about the moves they did back in the 90s/80s but it was about how they worked. People like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash.
    Yep, it's all about weaving a visual tapestry - knowing how to sell. Like Edge & Jericho - in tune with the crowd and acting accordingly. THAT'S what makes a true star

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    1) Irish Whip
    2) Spinout Powerbomb
    3) 5-knuckle shuffle
    4) Attitude Adjustment
    5) ?
    6) Shoulder Block
    7) Drop Toe Hold
    8) Stf
    9) Missle Dropkick
    10) DDT
    11) Bulldog
    12) Stalling Vertical Suplex
    13) Fisherman Suplex
    14) Flipping Facebuster
    15) Emrald Fusion
    16) Fsherman Neckbreaker
    17) Diving Leg Drop

    Not a overwhleming moveset to say the least, and granted that some of these he hasn't done since his indy days, but some of these are in his everyday moveset and he uses them very frequently. Even so, he has all of these in his arsenal, it's just that the WWE is booking him to look a certain way (i.e. supercena) becuase he IS their company right now when it comes to marketablity so they need him to look as strong and as tough as possible.

  7. #27
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,111
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by xStraightxEdgexSaviorx View Post
    6) Shoulder Block
    7) Drop Toe Hold
    8) Stf
    9) Missle Dropkick
    10) DDT
    11) Bulldog
    12) Stalling Vertical Suplex
    13) Fisherman Suplex
    14) Flipping Facebuster
    15) Emrald Fusion
    16) Fsherman Neckbreaker
    17) Diving Leg Drop

    Not a overwhleming moveset to say the least, and granted that some of these he hasn't done since his indy days, but some of these are in his everyday moveset and he uses them very frequently. Even so, he has all of these in his arsenal, it's just that the WWE is booking him to look a certain way (i.e. supercena) becuase he IS their company right now when it comes to marketablity so they need him to look as strong and as tough as possible.
    Well pointed out.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Well pointed out.
    Thank you kind sir
    I also forgot 18) Proto-bomb, 19) Spinebuster 20) Tlit-a-whirl slam

  9. #29
    he's okay but not great. that's the best way i can put it.

  10. #30
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,111
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by AGEOFFALL View Post
    he's okay but not great. that's the best way i can put it.
    Exactly - but worthy of hate? Me thinks not. He's just another actor, let's be real here. I used to hate Nicholas Cage, but then I decided to stop disliking people without reason. The same way I hated Nirvana because I was an original fan when they broke - it was just stupid and spiteful. The reality was I wanted to keep them all to myself and 'fuck you Nirvana you have no right to be successful you're supposed to be....well, whatever' - I bet you that most of the disgruntled anti-Cena's are people that LOVED him when he was THUG

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.