Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Wink Complain about Cena here.

For the life of me, I can't work out just why John Cena has generated so much hatred from fans. I'm not a huge Cena fan, but I don't mind the guy. And sure, not everybody has to like the same things, but this anti-Cena thing has me baffled, so I will address certain points that seem to raise ire;

A)The Limited Move Set - Sure, it's true, Cena's working with the same limited combos lately. Sure, watching the same thing gets boring. But I'm someone who grew up watching Hulk Hogan - and not the 'cool' NWO Hollywood version. Cena has nothing on Hogan circa 1986. So you know, same old same old.

B)Overexposure - Yep, we see Cena week in, week out, without fail. At the start of Raw, in the main event and often in vignettes in between. AND he works house shows. AND PPV's. Oh and don't forget all the promo work he does - interviews, meet & greets etc.

C)SuperCena - the invincible superman who triumphs against the odds no matter what. *Yawn*

All valid enough points to garner loathing and dislike, I must admit. But I can't help myself from thinking - man, don't hate the player, hate the game. It's WWE that is largely responsible for ALL of these things. And the above points are all inextricably tied in together.
    See, I'm sure that WWE makes a LOT of money off Cena - and the best way to maximise that product is to put it out there. It's no coincidence that he's everywhere, he uses the same 3-5 moves all match and is put over in a constant push. If WWE needs him to say, tour China doing 2-3 house shows, interviews etc, appear on Raw and still be fit for PPV's of course they will instruct him not to do anything too injurious and not overwork himself. Hence, the short and predictable matches you see every week. He's great on the mic, at least I think so, so as in any job where you might show a particular flair, your employer, if they're smart will take advantage of the employees best attributes.

Anyway, my thinking is, if you really, really don't like John Cena, then your only option is to stop watching WWE altogether, because he's going to be there and be a top guy for a really long time from now. There's no escaping it. Sure, go ahead and complain about him if it really bothers you so much but understand one thing - repeating "I hope John Cena goes away" a million times and clicking your heels together ain't gonna make it happen! I wish Hogan and Flair would go away but I don't waste my time posting about it over and over again. I already said it once and unless I have something to ADD to the point, then it's just a waste of everybody's time really.

I actually think a big part of not people not liking Cena is his inability to make anything he does in the ring look realistic, his two finishers are awful, his selling is pretty poor and his comebacks are far to quick, it's like an invisible angle goes in to the ring and pumps him with gallons of adrenalin from out of nowhere

Look at when he won the Title at Elimination Chamber, he had only been in the ring for about 11 minutes, he made Triple H tap out and looked like an out and out beast then when Batista come to the ring he was somehow near unconscious and looked punch drunk.

I hate when my intelligence is insulted as a viewer and unfortunately far to often I feel that way when Cena is trying to put something across

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WFâ„¢ - Original Member! View Post
    I actually think a big part of not people not liking Cena is his inability to make anything he does in the ring look realistic, his two finishers are awful, his selling is pretty poor and his comebacks are far to quick, it's like an invisible angle goes in to the ring and pumps him with gallons of adrenalin from out of nowhere

Look at when he won the Title at Elimination Chamber, he had only been in the ring for about 11 minutes, he made Triple H tap out and looked like an out and out beast then when Batista come to the ring he was somehow near unconscious and looked punch drunk.

I hate when my intelligence is insulted as a viewer and unfortunately far to often I feel that way when Cena is trying to put something across
    Fair enough, but I will once again throw up old Hogan, who was much the same, 'Hulking-Up' from nowhere. I still maintain he's doing so under instruction, otherwise he'd be checked on it during match reviews, which I'm assuming that WWE would do regularly to improve their product.

But hey, maybe not

Of course he is doing it under instruction but that doesn't make it anymore enjoyable, as for Hogan doing it, yeah he was doing it and what happened? the fans turned on him at the 92 Rumble, it got very old and dated EIGHTEEN years ago, after the 90s hit Hogan and his character was fading fast, Hogan had reinvent himself big time because he was losing fans quicker than he got them

I admire Cena for what he does. I tip my hat to him for all the blood, sweat and tears he's poured into the WWE and aplaude him for the pain and struggle he's put himself through to be where he is today.

However, He cannot wrestle, his gimmick stinks, I dislike everything about his demeanor and how he unaturally beats superster after superstar. It annoys me to see him being the posterboy of WWE today where there are FAR FAR more tallented wrestlers being held down. I also cant stand how he's been built up to be the best superstar in the world by WWE, when he is far from it, plus his "Never Quit" attitude is just sad and over used.

I find NOTHING about him entertaining.

"I am going to put on a Nexus shirt and armband and go drink the tears of John Cena fans."
    - Joey Styles

Simply put this is imo the first time the crowd have been completely ignored. Cena was totally over when he won the title but by 22 fans simply didnt want to see him anymore. it wasnt his fault but he was pushed as a babyface long after people didnt want to see it. It was kinda Rockie Mi Via (sp) all over again where people just didnt want to cheer for someone because they were such a babyface they just started to look like a corperate tool. thats why they changed up the character to become the rock and thats why in Cenas case anyone with a jibe at WWE: WCW, ECW, the fans in Montreal, people would boo cena out the building...because he was a symbol for of the WWE marketing bandwagon...a symbol that Mcmahon had taken his finger of the pulse and stopped caring what people thought.

Quote the Raven...Nevermore

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySteal View Post
    I admire Cena for what he does. I tip my hat to him for all the blood, sweat and tears he's poured into the WWE and aplaude him for the pain and struggle he's put himself through to be where he is today.

However, He cannot wrestle, his gimmick stinks, I dislike everything about his demeanor and how he unaturally beats superster after superstar. It annoys me to see him being the posterboy of WWE today where there are FAR FAR more tallented wrestlers being held down. I also cant stand how he's been built up to be the best superstar in the world by WWE, when he is far from it, plus his "Never Quit" attitude is just sad and over used.

I find NOTHING about him entertaining.
    I completely agree with everything you said.

Blog Entries
    So the only thing that could save him would be a heel turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    So the only thing that could save him would be a heel turn?
    And an improved wrestling move set.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    And an improved wrestling move set.
    And a new theme song.