Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encounters

Encounters

Just wondering have any of you met any WWE wrestlers, divas or announcers? If so who was it and what were they like? Tell us about it. Me personally I met some lady that wrestled for ECW. I actually can't remember her name. ECW did a house show in my town. Not many people were signing autographs. She happened to be one of the people that was. So I got her autograph. Didn't have any real convo or anything hell I cant even remember her name.

Sorry my story sucks but thats all I have. What about you all?

Blog Entries
    About this time last year I met Kofi, R-Truth and AJ Lee. They signed my games.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    About this time last year I met Kofi, R-Truth and AJ Lee. They signed my games.
    Where did you meet them? At a house show a televised event? What were they like?

Blog Entries
    They did a shopping center signing the day of the show. Actually it made me late for the show!

I met JBL and Ron Simmons at Heathrow airport many years ago. They were OK. JBL kept talking over Ron every time Ron tried to speak. I'm also 90% sure I was in the same bar as Regal a few years back. But he was with people and clearly enjoying a night out so didn't interrupt him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    I met JBL and Ron Simmons at Heathrow airport many years ago. They were OK. JBL kept talking over Ron every time Ron tried to speak. I'm also 90% sure I was in the same bar as Regal a few years back. But he was with people and clearly enjoying a night out so didn't interrupt him.
    Smart. Regal would have messed you up man! Some fans don't have boundaries. I often wonder if they realise how lucky they are sometimes when people don't bother them, but then - how would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Smart. Regal would have messed you up man! Some fans don't have boundaries. I often wonder if they realise how lucky they are sometimes when people don't bother them, but then - how would they?
    Walking through an airport I'd say they are fair game for a little fan interaction, but when they are out for an evening with friends you need to respect that and maybe only say hi if you end up both at the bar at the same time.

I met Hornswoggle. I RKOd him !
    Respect the beard !

I have been fortunate enough to meet probably 80% of the current roster at Axxess sessions at the last 3 Wrestlemanias.

The meeting that I marked out for the most was meeting Undertaker at WM29 Axxess. Watching him on TV does not do justice to how tall and stocky this man is.

My favourites from the current full-time roster would be both Dolph Ziggler and The Shield.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Walking through an airport I'd say they are fair game for a little fan interaction, but when they are out for an evening with friends you need to respect that and maybe only say hi if you end up both at the bar at the same time.
    On the Australian team tour page the girl who runs it very wisely noted that she suggested people didn't try greeting them at the airport after the long flight from the States. Which is good advice but that said, they are public figures with a following and should expect it....to a degree.